PDA

View Full Version : I feel the Payne

Msterrrr
12-14-2001, 11:28 PM
just got home with max payne anyone else get it yet? what do you think about it,,
Ive played it about an hour so far and the bullet time is amazing!!

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:32 PM
ive got it for pc and getting it for xbox for xmas....i loved it on pc.....and if you beat it too quick ( on pc the normal diff. didnt take that long) try the new york minute option. i tried it like 500 times and couldnt get past the first level

Msterrrr
12-14-2001, 11:38 PM
you know its unreal how much you can interact with the surrounds,, flushing the toilets?,,turn TVs on or just blast em to bits

btw everywhere ive looked it said one player,, but on the back of the box it says,,,, xbox system link,,hummmm will this go online also? like halo

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:44 PM
it is only 1 player on pc... i dont have for xbox yet.....but that would be sweet online. imagine using bullet time to slow up your friend as you unload like 50 bullets into him... while all he sees is you run and do a diving roll behind a box

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 02:02 AM
Really it says system link? Now that is interesting. :)

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 02:03 AM
You could flush the toilets way back in the days of Duke Nukem 3D as well.

smack119
12-15-2001, 03:02 AM
and nukem had the strippers dancing in all over the place:D

anthrax0r
12-15-2001, 10:15 AM
That system link feature thats displayed on the back of the box is most likely a misprint. There is no mention of it at all within the instructions so that leads me to believe its just a mistake. The PC version wasnt even able to do multi-player so i highly doubt this port will.

Devil May Cry
12-15-2001, 11:00 PM
i beat it 3 months ago,

Point?

Frostberg
12-15-2001, 11:05 PM
Yeah thats why i dont thik the Xbox port will be so great. Imagine if Max Payne was released on the XBox first. It would be one of the most anticipated games ever. It would be locked up there with Halo...and who knows who would be on top. If only it wasnt released for the PC, Max Payne for the xbox could of been the greatest game ever.

OG-Love
12-16-2001, 06:28 AM
Is it really that good?

pukkaboy
12-16-2001, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't say its good.

Flippin' amazing fits it nicer.:D

Msterrrr
12-16-2001, 09:34 AM
after logging some more time on the game, it seems relatively easy .. but when you beat it ,, you unlock harder versions,, that alone doesnt give me enough replay value,, there are some really good points about the game,, theres a good story behind it,,,,btw in the instructions they talk about a possible movie,, future adventures,,, and the bullet time feature just kicks ass,, with all that said if you dont own any FPS i'd go with halo first,,more replay there,, the gamespot review of this game nailed it,, its good but not as good as halo,,

it will hold me over till next months games and I dont regret buying it at all

Msterrrr
12-18-2001, 03:50 PM
who said anything about you beating it anyway crier?
always about you spoke just like a woman gezzzz

EthanQT
12-18-2001, 04:37 PM
Is there a cheat for Payne? I dont handle 3D game very well :), but I love the shooting!!!

gtaplayer
12-18-2001, 04:44 PM
how many hours is this game...becuz i heard it was 2 easy???

Msterrrr
12-18-2001, 06:16 PM
right now i have about 10 hours into the game,, once you beat however it unlocks a harder verison plus a timed one called in a ny minute,,,,
also you can make it quite easy on yourself with the quick save,, which means you kill someone you can quick save,, so you dont have to replay the same areas over and over,,in case you get blasted

i havent come across any cheats yet the game been out just a few days for xbox,, i never played it on pc w/ keyboard and mouse,, it is diffucult to switch weapons on the go w/ controllers,, but its not a hinderance since ive been sticking with just a few guns

first thing i did was speed up the horizontal and vertical speed its set way to low as a default

if this is your first,,, FP shooter id go with Halo theres more replay with the multiplayer,,, then get Payne 2nd:cool: :D
or if 50 buxx is alot of money you can always rent it first and try it out

Frostberg
12-18-2001, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
how many hours is this game...becuz i heard it was 2 easy???

15-20 hours

Spaztic
12-19-2001, 09:44 AM
about the system link option...you need 2 xboxes, 2 tvs, and 2 games, hook them up with the link cable advailable @ bestbuy and you and your friend can kill eachother!

Sachile_
12-19-2001, 09:57 AM
i love the grim atmospher it paints.
just like some kinda film nior

LynxFX
12-19-2001, 10:43 AM
Are you positive about that bryanhls? Have you tried it yet? This would be great and if it is true then Gamespy should add it to their online games list.

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 12:07 PM
I bought Max Payne (Sorry, Frostberg, I know you said just wait it out, but, I was given a gift certificate about a year ago for $30 so I figured that I only paid $20 for it!!...I completely forgot that I had it and it was the last Max Payne game ANYWHERE...so, I decided to buy it)...and it rocks! I love this game!

Now I know what you all meant about Bullet Time! Sweet!!!! This game is great...and I understand that it is a perfect PC port and I know they could have made it better since it's on the XBox....but, the great thing is, I was reading about Max Payne and they said that they are coming out with a sequel for the XBox!! So, I figured that I had to buy this game....and then later get the sequel :D

Max Payne is a great game if you have a bad day at work and want to take out your aggression :D Whenever I see Heyyound or Devil May Cry in this forum, I, somehow, get the ultimate urge to play Max Payne...I wonder why :confused: :D

Frostberg
12-19-2001, 02:16 PM
Well for $20, its worth it!

Msterrrr
12-19-2001, 05:23 PM
especially if this is your first time playing it,,, like me i never had on PC

there is definately an "edge" side to this game that isnt for the younger crowd or gamecubers

even though it says system link on the back of the box i dont see that option anywhere on the game menu,, urghhh

image bullettime against your friends.. even more time to talk smack,, while in slow motion:p :cool:

wait till you try the sniper rifle max

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
especially if this is your first time playing it,,, like me i never had on PC

there is definately an "edge" side to this game that isnt for the younger crowd or gamecubers

even though it says system link on the back of the box i dont see that option anywhere on the game menu,, urghhh

image bullettime against your friends.. even more time to talk smack,, while in slow motion:p :cool:

wait till you try the sniper rifle max

There's a SNIPER RIFLE?!?! No way! That's awesome! That is my favorite gun on any shooter game...I have never seen this game in action before until now...and, man, I love this game! I think the story is great and how it interacts with the game and it gives you purpose for what you are doing... And, I agree, this is not a game for a bunch of LameCubers... It can get intense at times... It almost freaks you out when you walk around a corner and there is a dude holding his shot gun at your throat :eek:

The sounds on it are great, too :D There's nothing better than hearing the crisp sound of flesh being smacked after pulling the trigger on the shotgun :D hehe...I'm Max Payne...watch out! :D

XAddict
12-19-2001, 05:33 PM
What is the storyline of max payne

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by XAddict
What is the storyline of max payne

The story line is that Max Payne is an Ex-Cop that was framed and the mafia and cops are after him because of this. They killed his wife and child and he seeks for revenge. That's what I know so far :)

Crazy Joe
12-19-2001, 05:45 PM
i just got the LAST copy of Max Payne at EB today, can't wait to get home and play it up

LynxFX
12-19-2001, 06:19 PM
What is up with the last user review of Max Payne?

He says "Visual: The graphich are one of the best things of the whole games.You can see hte bullets fly out of the gun and see people in the conor smokin"

Then he rates it a 2.5. WTF?

xboxlover
12-20-2001, 01:06 PM
I got stuck in max payne on pc near the end a few floors up in aesir buildin at the lazers bit i could get past em they blew me to **** anywayz i sold it but i just wanna know how to get past em?

XboxGamers
12-20-2001, 03:41 PM
I just got this game and it ROXS!! Nice detail textures and sweet gameplay!! :D

Msterrrr
12-20-2001, 09:59 PM
yes it does!!

i just finished it last night and started right again on the hard boiled now..

i understand there are alot of cheats to be unlocked in this game
also found a hidden room in the tutorial:D

gtaplayer
12-20-2001, 10:02 PM
How are the controls for max payne????

Msterrrr
12-20-2001, 10:14 PM
its in the 3rd person perspective,,, i had some doubts about it but it works fine,, i normally like 1st person,, only thing i did was speed up the default settings a bit,, vertical and horizontal

,, takes way to long to spin around with the default settings