PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone's ideas for a KOTOR sequel?

StudioAlex
07-31-2003, 11:15 AM
This game is a huge hit, possibly second only to Halo--I'm very interested to see the sales figures on this one.

Anyway, a sequel is enevitable. So waht would you guys like to see added to and/or improved on?

My list (some of these a re kind of nit picky):

More portraits on NPCs: Was there a severe inbreeding problem in the old republic? Is that why it was doomed to fall?

Recorded speech for the main character: I don't think this would require too much extra work; simply record one male and one female actor. Preconceived notions about what a person of a certain color should sound like are moot in a futuristic, space faring society. I think it would have made the story that much more involving if your character took more part in the dramatics.

More races for the player to choose from: enough said.

More story arcs where your team has to split into smaller groups:
You know, like in Jedi where Han and company set out to destroy the shield generator and Luke goes to confront Vader.

More reason for playing minigames: Beating the local hotshot player at Pazaak could open up a sidequest rather than just give you money.

More force powers outside of combat: Other than force persuade, there isn't much you can do outside of combat. I saw one opportunity to stangle somebody so there may be more than I've seen so far. I can think of so many ways to use the force outside of combat (particularly for evil characters).

More of everything. More worlds. More area on each world. More monsters. Weapons. Please, more in depth weapon upgrade system.

As I said, many of these are nitpicky, but it's the really great games that we bother to nit pick about.

thrAsher
07-31-2003, 11:23 AM
All great suggestions. I especially like the idea of the team being split up somewhere along the way. Very Star Wars. As far as the main character having a 'voice', I don't really care about that so much. And subquests linked to the mini-games is a fantastic idea.

Personally, I would have liked to see bigger worlds. I realize with all the dialogue that there's not a whole lotta room to make really big worlds, but I kind of felt too closed in at points. Especially on Kashyyk. And someone mentioned the sky being dynamic vs. static, and this I would also like to see.

Still, great game, and best RPG on the Xbox.

pepitonet
07-31-2003, 08:20 PM
first of all the game is great but sux at the same time it is one of the best rpg but there are soo many things that could be done to make it better

1- more sidequest
2- longer story(MOST IMPORTANT)
3-more freedom
4- allow us to use the power outside combat and on any character we want(on the game you could only persuede certain people,the option was not always avaliable)
5-more skins
6-open ended(you beat this game and you have to start over if you want to keep play)
7-more weapons
8-more customs
9-more customised options when building you character phisical appearance
10-a way to recruit people toDark/light

i'll keep adding as i remember more

AlBoogy
07-31-2003, 08:59 PM
I dont know how you guys do it. We JUST got the game a little under 2 weeks ago and already talking about a sequel? lol. Once I beat it on light then I will start thinking about it. But until then, I will enjoy the ride!

BTW, Im not criticizing any of you for already thinking of a sequel. I just like the game so much that it hasnt even crossed my mind.

wiegraf_pso
08-01-2003, 09:04 AM
The standard updated visual, improved framerates would certainly apply.

Maybe the ability to copy movies and maybe voiceacting things off the disk onto the hard drive so it doesn't have to stream everything off the disk. I know for me a lot of times the movies stuttered really bad, or the disk might just stop for whatever reason in the middle of a conversation and I'd have to look at someones face just sitting there while the disk spooled back up and started getting the voice acting and stuff (And it was always the nasty green guys, too! Couldn't EVER be Bastila, or some hot chick, ******). I'm sure many of us would gladly give up the needed hard drive space to ensure quality gameplay when we got the crap DVD drives.

More attention to detail on the levels. In the lower level of the Black Vulkars base, it seems like they didn't finish make the wall one the corner right before you get to that Kandon (I think?) part. You go up to like a T intersection, and the left way has Kandon, while the right way has a workbench. Just get up against the left wall and look at the wall while you go around the corner. You can see right through the wall on the opposite side because that art of the wall doesn't have a "top."

More open ended gameplay. Ability to become evil earlier. Kill off the Jedi councel before Malak gets the chance, for example. Obviously, Bastila would never want that to happen, so you'd have to kill her, too. Which brings me to my next request...

More characters to recruit. You've got a nice spread, sure. But more is always better. When you do something bad, Bastila, Carth, Jolee, Mission and maybe even Zaalbar are gonna be against you for doing it. So you're gonna have to have extra characters to replace those people once you've killed them and gone down the dark side.

Visually, Halo is to Halo 2 as KOTOR should be to KOTOR 2. Please?

Most everything else has already been said.

StudioAlex
08-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
I dont know how you guys do it. We JUST got the game a little under 2 weeks ago and already talking about a sequel? lol. Once I beat it on light then I will start thinking about it. But until then, I will enjoy the ride!

BTW, Im not criticizing any of you for already thinking of a sequel. I just like the game so much that it hasnt even crossed my mind.

This is what happanes when you get the game and beat it in the first seven days...

Oh well, time to get back to life. Until KOTOR 2, that is.

selowitch
08-06-2003, 02:52 PM
How about KOTOR 2 as a MMORPG? Especially if Galaxies doesn't happen.

JediMasterChief
08-10-2003, 02:55 AM
KOTOR 2 a MMORPG? No way! The good thing about KOTOR is that is ISN'T a MMORPG. If we want online Star Wars RPGs then its up to Galaxies, because if KOTOR becomes a MMORPG then whats going to happen to offline Star Wars RPGs?

If a KOTOR 2 is made, then it has to be developed by BioWare. Plus it should expand the story of the Sith War a bit more.

The developers at LucasArts said themselves that KOTOR could itself be the beginning of a new mini-saga in the Star Wars universe.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 12:52 PM
well I think it might be a good idea.I mean whats wrong with trying something new?

selowitch
08-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
KOTOR 2 a MMORPG? No way! The good thing about KOTOR is that is ISN'T a MMORPG. If we want online Star Wars RPGs then its up to Galaxies, because if KOTOR becomes a MMORPG then whats going to happen to offline Star Wars RPGs?

If a KOTOR 2 is made, then it has to be developed by BioWare. Plus it should expand the story of the Sith War a bit more.

The developers at LucasArts said themselves that KOTOR could itself be the beginning of a new mini-saga in the Star Wars universe.

Hmmm. That's a valid point. You're right; the fact that you don't need XBL to enjoy KOTOR is a nice thing. I live in a rural part of Maine, and although I've founded a nonprofit organization to try to coax a provider to come here, as yet a don't have "real" broadband (satellite need not apply).

Lord Vivic
08-12-2003, 04:34 PM
I like new ideas.