PDA

View Full Version : August/September: Xbox Live Games!

MixMasta
08-01-2003, 12:04 PM
Part 1

August and September are filled with a decent amount of Live games, mainly due to the fact that football, hockey, and basketball are starting up again. So I ask my fellow XBA'ers, which LIVE games, not any Xbox game, I'm talking Live games are you planning on purchasing. Here are the release dates(according to EB,) brief synopsis, and box shots of all the currently scheduled Xbox Live games to be release within the next two months.

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder- 8/5/03

http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/234453.jpg (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/234453.asp)

Swift. Silent. Invisible. An elite team of US Army Green Berets, the Ghosts are tasked to eliminate the invaders, restore peace, and light the fire of liberty in the new island republic.

Cuba, 2009: Castro is dead, and the first free elections in decades are thrown into turmoil by a drug-funded warlord. The Ghosts, an elite team of U.S. Army Green Berets, are sent to Cuba as part of a UN peacekeeping force to destroy the rebel forces and their mercenary leaders and secure the elections for a free Cuba.

Features:

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder for Xbox will not require players to have a retail copy of the original game to enjoy a new Ghost campaign. Both new recruits and seasoned vets who earned their stripes playing the original Xbox game will enjoy the camaraderie of the shared battlefield. Xbox Live soldiers can experience the intensity of the front lines side-by-side with their battlefield brothers while covering each othersEbacks and calling out commands using the Xbox Live communicator. Gamers who purchase the campaign disk will have future access to exclusive downloadable content featuring new missions and maps. Included in the campaign disk will be a dozen game types and twelve multiplayer maps for Xbox Live play, including four maps from the original Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon.

-Xbox Live compatible
-Downloadable content
-Eight mission single-player campaign set in Cuba
-Eight multiplayer maps ranging from desert to city to jungle
-Four fan-favorite maps from the original Tom Clancy’s Ghost -Recon (Xbox) for additional Live play
-New types of multiplayer gameplay

Price- 39.99

Cabela's Deer Hunt: 2004 Season- 8/26/03

http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/237330.jpg (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/237330.asp)

Cabela's Deer Hunt: 2004 Season is the most realistic deer hunting game ever developed. There are vast regions, 9 varieties of deer with over 94 racks, more ways to track game animals, awesome animal AI and a wide variety of weights, ages and migration patterns. You will need all of your senses to locate, track and bag the buck of a lifetime! So put on your blaze orange and let the hunt begin!

Features:

N/A

Price- $29.99

Xbox Communicator

http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/237683.jpg (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/237683.asp)

The Xbox Communicator is definitely the feature that sets Xbox Live apart right away. You may have played online before, but unless you've communicated in real time with teammates and opponents, you haven't lived.

Features:

N/A

Price- $29.99

NFL Fever 2004

(http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/236007.asp)

Imagine combining the strategy of managing your favorite NFL team, the intensity of competition at the highest level and the anticipation of watching the Super Bowl. Now imagine living this new football experience in NFL Fever 2004. Study scouting reports on your next opponent, use advanced passing technology to defeat triple coverage, and take aim at the top spot on Xbox Live.

Features:

N/A

Price- $49.99

MixMasta
08-01-2003, 12:20 PM
ESPN Football 2K4- 9/2/03

http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/236824.jpg (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/236824.asp)

You feel that deep breath you take when you're staring down 80 yards of real estate, a six-point deficit and 1:31 on the clock. You feel the fear in the air that results from unblinkingly staring down a quarterback from your middle linebacker position. You feel that brief moment in time when the ball's in the air and all that fills your mind is the overwhelming need to drive your helmet through that receiver's rib cage.

ESPN NFL Football brings the complete NFL experience. Whether it's by making an opponent lose his shorts from a stop-and-go juke, by scraping your toes down as you make an acrobatic first-down catch along the sideline, or by piling on top of a swarming gang tackle on fourth and short -- you will truly feel everything that makes the National Football League so intense. Don't look. Don't listen. Feel.

Features:

First-Person Football - A revolutionary first-person mode, gives you the power to play NFL football through the eyes of any player on the field!

ESPN Presentation - Nothing compares to a stellar ESPN broadcast, complete with a new level of integration of scores, highlights, stats and overlays that further blur the line between a Sunday Night Football telecast and the game.

Untouchable Gameplay - Responsive controls give you command over every aspect of the game, including the ability to tap into the power of your player with "The Charge" Ea new way to boost your performance.

Groundbreaking Animations - Unbelievable gang tackles, dazzling sideline grabs, and double-team blocks heighten the action, while smooth post-play animations accurately capture the exciting player celebrations and on-field disappointments that follow.

New Play-Calling System - No matter your experience, the all-new interface -- complete with updated NFL team playbooks -- will quicken your decisions on the field.

Stunning Visuals - New close-ups of all of the action including crowd scenes, cheerleaders and sideline players that bring more emotion to the game. Amazing player models, new fields, and sidelines bring it even closer to reality!

Advanced Online Play - Take your game online on the Xbox video game system from Microsoft with fast head-to-head play, downloadable rosters, chat, and more.

Challenge System - Flags can go either way, but in a tough game you want every advantage. Don't like the call? No problem, throw the red flag and get a second opinion.

Multi-Player Franchise - Why play franchise mode alone? Now you and all of your buddies can get together and pit your team management skills against each other head-to-head for ultimate bragging rights.

Price- $49.99

ESPN Hockey 2K4- 9/9/03

http://ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/236826.jpg (http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/236826.asp)

ESPN NHL Hockey is more than just the game of hockey. It is true grit, true skills, true intensity and your ability to bring those elements to each and every match-up you face. It is taking on anyone, anytime, anywhere. It is feeling the impact of a precision hit and splitting the D with a skilled skater. It is the battle for the puck and the glory of burying it in the back of the net. It is achieving milestones and setting the standard for others to follow. It is everything you’d want in a hockey game and nothing you’d expect.

Features:

ESPN Presentation – ESPN NHL Hockey brings you authentic box scores, overlays, stats and more - fully capturing the atmosphere of an ESPN NHL broadcast.

Groundbreaking Graphics Engine – Pushing the hardware to new limits, player models and faces, environmental effects, arenas, cut-scenes, uniforms and more are meticulously detailed - raising realism to a new level.

Top-Notch Commentary – A superstar booth features the best in the business, as ESPNfs Gary Thorne and Bill Clement deliver smart play-by-play and color commentary with situational analysis and true ESPN flavor.

Got Skills? – Put your skills to the test against the NHLfs best as you compete for the title in all of the NHLfs All-Star skills challenges.

Mini-Games Galore – Including gMini-Rink,h a fast-paced 2 on 2 intense hockey experience, Pond Hockey, and enhanced skills events.

Feel The Impact – The garth of the well executed hit is showcased with authentic animations detailing open ice hits, checks into the boards and even the occasional flight over the boards and onto the playersf bench.

Know Your History – Honoring the tradition and heritage of the NHL, playable historic teams and vintage jerseys let you indulge in some the most legendary eras in the sport of hockey.

The Skybox – Admire as you acquire; unlock in-game features and customize your skybox with items that are earned by surpassing current NHL records and achieving other in-game milestones.

Muck It Up – True-to-the-game board pinning controls give you the option to wear down opponents, fight for possession, or tie up the puck to get a whistle while a dynamic camera lets you soak up all the action up close and personal.

Price- $49.99

NM about Corvette, EB said it was Live, but it seems not to be Live.

Xbox Owner
08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Nice post..haven't heard about Deer hunt..

I voted like 5 mins ago..but I wanted you to finsih the post, so I waited..I hope you're done now, lol.

Anyway, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder and ESPN NFL Football for me.:cheers:

borka105
08-01-2003, 12:55 PM
wow two pretty dead months for none sport fans.

one title that I believe will have DLC via LIVE is Voodo Vince.

October and November are the two big months for LIVE though.....

-borka105

CrazyCougar
08-01-2003, 01:07 PM
ESPN NFL and NHL for me. Dont think I'll be picking up a rehashed version of Ghost Recon. Nor will I be buying Fever.

Deer Hunter I will have to check out, as it was fun on the pc.

MixMasta
08-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by borka105
October and November are the two big months for LIVE though.....

-borka105

I'm looking forward to XIII the most, but man are you right, its gonna be crazy. You thread about Ms Sports games are all coming out in October, theres gonna be like 10 good Live games I will definitely purchase this holiday season!

Liquid Gears
08-01-2003, 06:55 PM
I've been holding on to some cash for Island Thunder for some time now.

Anthony4sho
08-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I've been holding on to some cash for Island Thunder for some time now.

Same here. I finally got the last bits of money I need for that game. Then when ESPN NFL show ups, i'll get the trade in credit for the original GR so maybe then I only have to pay 30-40 bucks.

SkoalMint
08-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Definitely IT and almost definitely ESPN Football.

I just saw Deer Hunter for the first time on EBGames today. Probably worth a rent. Anyone know if this will be playable on XBL or just support DLC?

PapaSKooT
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Definitely IT and almost definitely ESPN Football.

I just saw Deer Hunter for the first time on EBGames today. Probably worth a rent. Anyone know if this will be playable on XBL or just support DLC?
well the box art has the XBL bar, which is only on live PLAYABLE games, so i guess its playable.