PDA

View Full Version : Placement of system prevent overheating

Quest
12-15-2001, 09:22 AM
The Xbox as we all know is one awesome gaming machine. I found what I felt was the perfect place for mine. I have a fairly large home entertainment center. However after placing my xBox in an area designed for VCR. I noticed the machine and surrounding area was very warm..almost hot. As well built as the xbox is...I decided I was too uncomfortable with the level of heat. I moved the machine to much better ventalated area. Heat is not good for a computing device. I felt some may find this info useful. If ur machine gets too warm...u may need to consider placement somewhere else to prevent serious damage or problems down the road.

Frostberg
12-15-2001, 12:21 PM
Well you surly dont want to put your XBox in a place that it cant get fresh air...however it will get hot, but thats because its got all the hardware of a computer, and computers are supposed to get hot. But if you dont have it in a well ventalated area, you want to move it. Thats why those shelfs with glass doors prolly arent a good idea, because it ant get air. VCRs are fine there because they dont have anything that runs very hot in them, like the Xboxs processor or RAM. I just have mine on a table next to my TV so its in an open area and its perfect.

Hugh_Jass
12-15-2001, 04:39 PM
If you use an entertainment center with a glass door you may want to install a fan in the back. Or you could install two fans at opposite sides. On fan would blow hot air out and the other fan could pull cool air in.