PDA

View Full Version : Problem With New OXM Disk #22!

DOOM
08-02-2003, 01:53 AM
I Own A Game Shop & Sell OXM... The Problem Is With The New Demo Disk #22... It Is Very Glitchy And Many Demo's Are Unplayable (SOUL CALIBUR2)... I Have Had About 15 Returns Today & Even People Who Recieved It Through Subscription Have The Same Prob... My Disk Wont Play The SOUL CALIBUR2 Playable Demo & I Really Wanted To play It!!!
I Just Wanted To Give You Guys The Heads Upz...
Any One Else Have This Happen?
Oh Yeah,
OTOGI Is Freaking Cool!!!!
Later...

l Maximus l
08-02-2003, 03:01 AM
I guess I'll see when I finally get mine in the mail. Damn, I hope it's not messed up. So far, I've been pretty lucky...not a single time has an OXM disc not worked.

FuNkY mOnK
08-02-2003, 05:43 AM
haven't gotten mine yet either. my question is whats OTOGI stand for?

wbio
08-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Hope mines not messed up, I REALLY want to play SC 2

The Python
08-02-2003, 11:05 AM
I hope my disc isnt messed up. I still havent got mine yet either.Hopefully itll come in the mail any day now. I`ve only had one problem with a disc before it was disc number 15. It wouldnt play Battle Engine Aquila at all and would freeze up a lot. Hope it doesnt happen again.

Viper87227
08-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
haven't gotten mine yet either. my question is whats OTOGI stand for?

Otogi doesnt stand for anything. Its a japanese fighting game, and all those games have freaky ass names. And for anyone who is wondering, Otogi is basically PS2 Shinobi on Xbox, almost everything in the game is the same from figthing style, weapons, moves, enemies, envirments, ect. They are both from SEGA so, so its no surprise, nor is it a bad thing.

And as far as the disks not working, I have on problems, nor have I ever had a problem with OXM, but I know a solutions. OXM disks ahve some sort of protective film on them, and Xboxs with dirty or worn out lenses have trouble reading through it. Boiling you OXM disk will take that layer off, try that and see if it works.

Shadow20002
08-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Humm...if you want so badly Soul Calibur 2 then just throw 50 cents in the arcade and play it, why you must want to play a demo ? Also, you can choose everything in arcade instead of the demo, only few ones. Oh, Otogi is there yeeha !! Gonna pick it this month. :p

CrazyCougar
08-02-2003, 05:22 PM
I just got the disk and have no problems as of yet.

DocHoliday78
08-02-2003, 08:10 PM
I'm also waiting for my OXM issue but i used to have all sorts of problems with the demos. I then got my xbox fixed for free by Microsoft (they also paid for air shipping both ways) even though my warrantly was expired. Once i got it back i havent had one single problem with any of them.

Anthony4sho
08-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Its the same shyt with every OXM. If I cannot play my ESPN NFL, i'm going to be ****ed.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Humm...if you want so badly Soul Calibur 2 then just throw 50 cents in the arcade and play it, why you must want to play a demo ? Also, you can choose everything in arcade instead of the demo, only few ones. Oh, Otogi is there yeeha !! Gonna pick it this month. :p

Not everyone has a decent arcade near the. I certainly dont. The only other way i could play a SC2 demo is if i were to buy another GC just for the Demo Disc.

Viper87227
08-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B

Not everyone has a decent arcade near the. I certainly dont. The only other way i could play a SC2 demo is if i were to buy another GC just for the Demo Disc.

I thought you could buy just the demo disk for like $5. If, you could go hang out at circuit city for a few hours and play it there :D

Skaven
08-04-2003, 12:18 AM
man as long as the new splinter cell mission works....that is sospsoed to be on that disk an i want it so i can beat splinter cell.

scubasteve52188
08-04-2003, 01:37 AM
:( I guess I will be glad just to get it. This has happened before on an older demo but at least the game wasn't something good.

nascarfan29
08-07-2003, 09:24 PM
finally received my OXM mag, and the demo disc is not working. this is the first time a demo hasn't worked. it got me to thinking, as i have also noticed recently with new titles, occasionally they take several tries to get the disc to read anything. i have one of the original xboxes. anyone with disc issues have an older system? or am i the victim of sabotage? :watchout:

Papke
08-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Dunno what the problem is, mine works perfectly. I've never had a problem with any of the demo discs.:D

Arven
08-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by nascarfan29
. anyone with disc issues have an older system? or am i the victim of sabotage? :watchout:

I have a launch-date Xbox, and I have problems with lots of the demo discs (probably every other one). When I boil them, that seems to take care of the problem, though.

Casper
08-08-2003, 08:57 AM
The OXM disks are having problems on the older Xbox's in general.

If you have a problem with it, boil the disk to take off that thin coating that's on the disk. This has worked for many people on here in the past and it still does, I had to do it yesterday.

The SC2 demo is cool, but your local game shop probalby has it on the XBox kiosk, where you can play more single player rounds.

ESPN - the first game I played I returned the opening kickoff for a TD - dam, is that a definite buy? hehe, the game was tight.

Otoki was pretty cool, very odd, but dam cool.

The Halo 2 demo is just about what we saw at E3, but much nicer to see it on the TV...I watched it 4 times already.

The upcoming games section was pretty neat, first time I've noticed that.

Duke
08-08-2003, 10:04 AM
I've had trouble w/ 'em in the past, but this one is working perfectly for me. I like the E3 montage, there's some games I'd known about that didn't really interest me till I saw their 3 seconds on it.

Ninja Scroll
08-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Got my issue 2 dayz ago, when I saw what da Demo list I was bumped up! SC2 & ESPN2K4!!

But as usual, d@mn disc was defected!!:cuss:

I'll try dis boiling thing dis evening.
I sent dem my info for a replacement last night.

Fools talkin about 3-4 weeks! :rolleyes:

:cuss:

Xorg
08-08-2003, 01:06 PM
When i got mine it didnt work at all, but after trying twice I cleaned it with a piece of cloth and it has worked fine since then

mattgame
08-08-2003, 01:21 PM
I got mine yesterday, I have had know problems at all. As a matter of fact, I suggest that you make sure you find a way to make this work! You have to see it to believe it. ESPN football looks great, SC is going to overtake all fighting games, and the HALO 2 demo brought tears to my eyes. I prayed and begged GOD to please allow me to live long enough to get this game in my hands. If boiling works boil it, but do something quick! :D

MetalSludge
08-08-2003, 06:45 PM
I am not a subscriber and I bought it at the newstand and it didnt work, took that one back, got another same thing, took it back and got my money back cause they didnt have anymore and went to another store got one and it worked just fine.

One thing that sucks is if your not a subscriber you cant use the website to get another disk. What a rip off that is for us non subscribers.

VirtuousMetal
08-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I have tried the boiling (low boil for about 20 sec) and It WORKS.

MetalSludge
08-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by VirtuousMetal
I have tried the boiling (low boil for about 20 sec) and It WORKS.

Exactly how do you do that?

Arven
08-08-2003, 11:44 PM
I bring a quart or so of water to a low boil, then put the disc in. I leave it in for about a minute, then I flip the disc over and leave it in for about another minute. Then I take it out and dry it off with a cotton cloth. Works every time.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-08-2003, 11:45 PM
I was once having a problem with an OXM demo disc, and I heard on here that if you delete all the old OXM saves from your Hard drive, that it helps, and what do u know, it did help for me, and i havent had a problem since...

Soul Calibur 2 and Otogi Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!