PDA

View Full Version : Ncaa 2004

MetalSludge
08-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Hi all. I am long time PVC gamer just converting to console. I was wandering if the NCAA football games are any good? I have never had the oppertunity to play one since they arent available on PC but now I see console has one or two. What do you guys think of these?

CrazyCougar
08-02-2003, 05:38 PM
NCAA 2004 is one of the best football games available. (Especially for college, but ranks right up there with the NFL titles.) Gives you many options and teams to choose from. Play through a season and then recruit your next freshman class. I just finished off my first season with Penn State and University of Louisiana - Monroe. My freshman class i recruited ranked in the top 10 for PSU and ULM ranked around 40 something.

We are talking deep, deep, deep in gameplay. And the game itself just plays wonderful. Nothing like running a power option out of the good ole maryland "I" formation.

Definite must have for and football fan (As we all know college is much better football then the nfl will ever be.)

MetalSludge
08-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Do they have any live for college?

CrazyCougar
08-03-2003, 12:10 AM
No, but live isnt needed for NCAA 2004 to be the best football game out there. It supports itself and has no need for Live.

treyz3
08-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Great game. If you've got an Action Replay you can even download named rosters. Makes the game much more enjoyable IMO.

CrazyCougar
08-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I just love playing through the season to get the new recruits in place of the #'ed guys. This game is great.

BORNGD
08-06-2003, 02:27 PM
the game is great...but the actual game play feels the same as last years...am i wrong??

CrazyCougar
08-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Sure the gameplay is about the same, but why change something that isnt broken. This game is all but perfect.

BORNGD
08-06-2003, 04:50 PM
yea i agree crazy. I was just a little dissapointed at first, felt like i was playing last years version...but i must admit, i cant put it down

treyz3
08-07-2003, 07:07 AM
I've been playing quite a bit recently to get my sliders ironed out. Now that I've got them ready I started my Ohio State-New Mexico State dynastty.

A bit of a rough start since I had to open with New Mexico State versus #4 Texas. But I handled my 55-14 drubbing with very little cursing and no controller throwing!

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 12:45 PM
I just purchased this game yesterday and I must say its awesome but i do have 2 minor complaints about it.

1. The grass never changes throught the game. Come on everyone knows the feild is practically brown between the hashes at the end of a game.

2. The helmets never change during the game. No scrathces.

Oh well the game still rocks and oh well I am going back to play it somemore.