PDA

View Full Version : Question On Mp3's?

Kast
08-03-2003, 02:18 AM
How do you transfer mp3's to the xbox using a cdrw, the xbox doesn't even recognize the disc?

Flood
08-03-2003, 02:28 AM
this is really "iffy"

first off, you have to burn the cd-rw as a regualr audio cd...you can't just burn the mp3's

2ndly, the xbox doesnt read all cd-rws..or so i've heard...i've never tried myself

l Maximus l
08-03-2003, 02:44 AM
Just wait until the XBox Music Maker comes out...you'll be able to stream MP3s straight from your Computer to your XBox! :)

DocHoliday78
08-03-2003, 02:45 AM
Just do what you normally would do to make an audio cd using mp3's except put in your blank cd-rw as the disc to burn them to. Then just pop it in the box.

Kast
08-03-2003, 03:15 AM
couldn't get it to work, any other suggestions?

Kraft
08-03-2003, 04:32 AM
You can't just stick mp3s on a cd. Your Xbox will only read audio CD's so you have to convert your mp3s to .wav files and then burn them. Some burning programs will do this for you, but you shouldn't be able to get more than 18 or so songs on a CD. Also, use a CD-RW and make sure you finalize it when you burn. Double also, Xbox DVD drives suck ass and can barely read CD-RWs even. You might have to try putting the disc in a few times before it even reads it.

BTW, Xbox doesn't read mp3s because it doesn't have a decoder for it. All CD audio is converted to .wma files... but it won't read those off a cd either.

BCan
08-03-2003, 06:23 AM
I believe the v1.1 XBOX's read the burnt CD's a lot easier than those that came out at first. A change in the manufacturer of the DVD drive is the main reason....

Viper87227
08-03-2003, 11:13 PM
*looks to the left* *looks to the right* *looks at feet* where did my post go????

I remeber posting here, and i know it worked because i got a reply to topic notification for this thread and it says in my profile that I am subscribed to it. :watchout:

DocHoliday78
08-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
You can't just stick mp3s on a cd. Your Xbox will only read audio CD's so you have to convert your mp3s to .wav files and then burn them. Some burning programs will do this for you, but you shouldn't be able to get more than 18 or so songs on a CD. Also, use a CD-RW and make sure you finalize it when you burn. Double also, Xbox DVD drives suck ass and can barely read CD-RWs even. You might have to try putting the disc in a few times before it even reads it.

BTW, Xbox doesn't read mp3s because it doesn't have a decoder for it. All CD audio is converted to .wma files... but it won't read those off a cd either.

I dont have to convert to wav files with my cd rw's and my box isnt modded either.

BCan
08-05-2003, 05:40 AM
You probably write an Audio CD with the MP3's as the basis of what goes on there. In that case, it decompresses the files into a wave file.

We are talking about filling up a CD with MP3's and writing it as a Data CD, which the XBOX will not read. There is a big difference between creating an audio CD, and having a data CD with MP3s on it...

Shadow20002
08-05-2003, 01:49 PM
I think when you copy some songs into the Xbox, this one will convert into WMA files, not MP3. :watchout:

Kraft
08-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
I think when you copy some songs into the Xbox, this one will convert into WMA files, not MP3. :watchout:

Did you come up with that on your own or read my post above when I pointed that out :p