PDA

View Full Version : Lack of XBox games?

l Maximus l
08-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Just a thought...

Have you guys noticed how not many PoS2 or Lamecube fanboys have been complaining about the alleged "lack" of XBox games?

I think most of them shut their mouths mainly after the last E3 when 4 our of the top 5 games are console exclusive only to the XBox...

No Fear 23
08-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Just a thought...

Have you guys noticed how not many PoS2 or Lamecube fanboys have been complaining about the alleged "lack" of XBox games?

I think most of them shut their mouths mainly after the last E3 when 4 our of the top 5 games are console exclusive only to the XBox...

they just had to give it time bc xbox just came out. now they are shutting up and switching over to xbox. :cheers:

l Maximus l
08-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

they just had to give it time bc xbox just came out. now they are shutting up and switching over to xbox. :cheers:

Ah yes...coming out of the blue or purple darkness andinto the green light :D

robnyack
08-03-2003, 03:10 PM
hard to keep up that claptrap when there are around 250 games for the xbox.

how long did it take for ps2 to reach that number? I think it took them a year longer than the xbox did to reach that number.

canadianboi3
08-03-2003, 03:35 PM
It did take them a hell of a lot longer you are right. Now, if only places like Wal-Mart would even give them Xbox as much space as PS2. At our local Wal-Mart, PS2 has 3 shelves, and Xbox has 1, so their forced to put lots of the game on the bottom and on the sides where its hard to find the game. I have also noticed how they have shut up. I think lately, Xbox has been getting a lot more praise than other systems.

robnyack
08-03-2003, 03:44 PM
xbox has definately been on a good run ever since Nov 2002. That is when XBL launched and a whole slew of good games came out. And the trend has continued right up till now with Game of the Year Candidate, and xbox exclusive, Star Wars KOTOR.

And there are alot of highly anticipated games that will be out be the end of the year or early 2004. Plus, XBL is getting what sounds like a very nice upgrade in the next couple months, plus, XSN might be the coolest thing since sliced tomatos!!!!

Xbox is on a nice ride right now, and should continue.

good news for all of us xboxers.

bluefire712
08-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
xbox has definately been on a good run ever since Nov 2002. That is when XBL launched and a whole slew of good games came out. And the trend has continued right up till now with Game of the Year Candidate, and xbox exclusive, Star Wars KOTOR.

And there are alot of highly anticipated games that will be out be the end of the year or early 2004. Plus, XBL is getting what sounds like a very nice upgrade in the next couple months, plus, XSN might be the coolest thing since sliced tomatos!!!!

I agree. KOTOR might have been one of the best things to happen to Xbox at a great time. During the summer it seems like game production slows in order to pump out games during the holiday season to get higher sale numbers. A great game at a time when most of the good games are waiting is just what Xbox needs to help those 2004 holiday sales.

XSN might be awesome too. I have my copy of NFL Fever 2004 pre-ordered. I hope it's great. I just wish there were more system-link games with 2-4 players per screen to play on LAN. :( Anyone know of some good ones coming out?

Ford Mustang
08-03-2003, 08:41 PM
I wish so badly that RTCW was like that. There is a serious lack of games that don't allow more than 1 person per Xbox on System Link. I think the developers were just too damn lazy :cuss: System Linking and LAN parties would be alot better if Halo, MA, and UC weren't the only games you could play on System Link.

l Maximus l
08-03-2003, 09:29 PM
I hear ya...we definately need more System Link games that allow up to 16 people and 4-Way split screen. Though, I'm not even close to getting tired of Halo...I play nearly every day...if not, every other day.

Just wait till Halo 2 comes out on XBL...most people will be very rusty at their skills while people like me, and many who play on XBConnect religiously, are going to smoke everyone's ass...especially at first :D

But, back on topic...I work part-time at an electronics retailer where the PoS2 section was twice as big as the XBox section and the Gamecube section. But, we are going through a remodel and will be back in the normal location in 2 weeks (it's been going on for 4 weeks now) and I guess that all three systems will have the same size display space. I guess it's going to be completely organized and user friendly...should be sweet!

By the way, I sell atleast 1 XBox every time I work. I only work 4 hours at a time...just last week, I sold 4 in one shift! And, most people seem to shop for XBox games than anything else :)

MXracer721
08-03-2003, 10:18 PM
I just got a xbox a few weeks ago, and since i have been having people over to play halo, uc, motogp and other games. Its funny how after they actually play an xbox for an hour, ps2 owners suddenly wish they had an xbox. People are finally starting to realize that the xbox is much better than other consoles and with all the new games coming out this fall it makes people wish they had an xbox even more. :p

Trento52
08-03-2003, 11:07 PM
hey i know every store with lots of games has atleast 2 racks of ps2 games and 1 rack of xbox and they and 2 racks for gameboys and gamecubes. I live near a small town and in the movie store they have 1/3 of a rack of gamecube, almost 2 racks of xbox and 6 racks for ps2. WTF and most of the xbox games are out except for the bruce lee ones but they had 12 versions of midnight club 2 for ps2 and they are never out and they have almost 9 dragon ball z ones that are never out and so on. They are starting to take it easy i notice by only buying 3 tops for every game now. They sometimes dn't even buy xbox versions of games like midnight club 2, burn out 2, and some others! It blows!

l Maximus l
08-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Well, I guess stores not having the same size displays for each console makes some sense, but, that is another topic.

I guess what I'm talking about is that not many people complain about XBox not having enough games anymore. Not even the XBox haters.

MXracer721
08-03-2003, 11:45 PM
tru dat

DocHoliday78
08-04-2003, 01:43 AM
I noticed that there hasnt been many Xbox games but pretty soon a splurge of games is going to come out. Everyone better have their money ready becasue its gonna be gaming chaos.

MerimacHamwich
08-04-2003, 02:00 AM
Not many Xbox Games? What are you smoking?

BCan
08-04-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
It did take them a hell of a lot longer you are right. Now, if only places like Wal-Mart would even give them Xbox as much space as PS2. At our local Wal-Mart, PS2 has 3 shelves, and Xbox has 1, so their forced to put lots of the game on the bottom and on the sides where its hard to find the game. I have also noticed how they have shut up. I think lately, Xbox has been getting a lot more praise than other systems.

You think that those chains have any say in how much shelf space is dedicated to each platform????? I severely doubt so, I think Sony would be giving them a nice little amount to make sure they had the most prominent spot.

Even the local EB here in my town in Australia used to have the XBOX games on the wall you saw as you walked in, now it's shoved off to the side. PS2 games covers the whole area, and none of the people at the store even think the PS2 is any good. It's coming from somewhere else that the PS2 games HAVE to get the shelf space.

Oh, Ford_Mustang, is it lazy, or is it stopping the use of Gamespy Tunnel, XBoxConnect????

thrAsher
08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Now, I'm not too clear on the practice, and correct me if I'm wrong, but supermarkets have been in cahoots w/ their suppliers for a long time. Pepsi will pay Supermarket X a certain amount, or offer a rebate - whatever - in order for their products to be displayed more prominently.

It wouldn't surprise me to see such a practice being employed by the big gaming companies. And the fact that Sony is paying for, or negotiating for, primo shelf space speaks volumes for the state of the gaming world. Sony is nervous, and Xbox is just sitting back grinning, 'cuz when Fable, BC, and Halo 2 start hitting the shelves, kids are gonna find 'em even if they have to crawl underneath the stacks.

Brutus
08-04-2003, 11:52 AM
I noticed that like a bug notices a windshield of a car on the highway!

But Maximus, does the PoS 2 stand for Piece of $hit 2? Or what does it stand for?

Splinter-Seal
08-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Yea, it really grinds my gears when I hear "Xbox sucks because it doesn't have any good games" It may not have as many exclusives, I don't know, and really do not care. In my opinion, most of those exclusives for the PS2 are extremely dated, and ugly, in turn no fun to "me". But, that doesn't mean the system ittself is a bad one, because it's definitely not. ANY multi-plat game that comes out goes for my Xbox, or my PC.

As I have said before, the only reason I have a PS2, is because of SOCOM, and the Devil may Cry Series. If it weren't for those two gems I would have trashed my PS2 a long time ago. I have a good PC, and an Xbox, what else do I need? heh.

I think seeing some of the stellar games that are up and coming has definitely influenced mouth closure on these goobs. I'm loving it. :D

DocHoliday78
08-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Xbox has quality over quantity.

Hugopolo
08-04-2003, 04:25 PM
But you cant connect a gameboy to your xbox....jk

jelgiad
08-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Hugopolo
But you cant connect a gameboy to your xbox....jk

Microsoft, get a move on....we need a handheld: :cheers:

Hugopolo
08-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Who wants xbox live when you can see a map on a handheld instead of looking at the tv its brilliant

Shadow20002
08-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Humm, PS2 have something we called a true console back in time but it's now, it's become history with the Xbox's coming. ;)