PDA

View Full Version : halo 2 release date

ghost 009
08-04-2003, 01:06 AM
I hope everyone has realized that halo 2 is not coming out in 2004 and that it is just some wierd marketing tecnique so they get more money. They make you very, very, very anxious saying that halo 2 is coming out in 20004 then they release at the holiday season. I dont know if they'd get more money but i looked on ign (which was delayed in changing there summer release date) and it said release date 2/2/2004. Seriously I think they already have the game done or is close to it cause really they dont need 2 extra months away from Christmas to finish it.

happyhotdog
08-04-2003, 09:09 AM
good point home boy

E Nomini Patri
08-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Why should I have to do this?

(first question, and it is answered by a Bungie employee)
http://bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=2496

Halo 2 Release Date, by Matt

Q I've seen several different "release dates" for Halo 2 online, in newsgroups, website forums and online stores taking preorders. What's the REAL release date?

A The real release date is still a complete mystery. No one can tell you with any accuracy when Halo 2 will come out - not even the developers. Anyone who lists an "exact" date is making it up. The most we're willing to say now is that the game will not ship in 2003. Our advice is to sit back, relax, and not worry about it. When it's ready, we will happily sell it to you. :-)

ghost 009
08-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Ya but on bungie.com they also said on the f.a.q. that they have confirmed summer release dates. Why would they confirm summer release dates then say its coming out in 2004. I can understand if they want to make the game as good as possible but if they make summer release dates you would assume the game is almost done and I just dont think they need to postpone the release date 7 months to fix or add new stuff. So they figured that halo is one of the most bought and played games in the world they'd wait till christmas so they will get more money and they say its coming out in 2004 so you dont get mad. Then they release it at christmas timeand make you think they managed to finish it before 2004.

E Nomini Patri
08-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Are you not comprehending what I just told you???

Bungie said, yes BUNGIE said the game will not release until 2004. They are not about to just all of a sudden release the game in the holiday season just to "suprise" us. No. There would be an announcement. Also, Bungie is an honest company who thinks the most important thing to them is their fans. That is what distinguishes them. So, that said, why would the tell us something, but do something different? They are just telling you it won't be out in 2003, so don't get your hopes up.

End of discussion.

ghost 009
08-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Im not saying that bungie is a bad company. I think they're the only good company out there who can make good games (really, really good games). Im just saying that if they want to postpone the game 2 months from the holiday season to make it better it shouldnt be two months for a game like that it should more like 5 months. I dont like waiting but but its halo 2 I think it should be as good as possible.

E Nomini Patri
08-06-2003, 03:23 PM
They aren't postponing the game for a specific time. They only said they won't release it in 2003, and to expect a spring time release. So be patient and let them work their magic on it until they finish the game. Besides, they care more about the game than the money they make from it. All that matters to them is the quality of the game.

Hugopolo
08-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey butterz out of curiousity what other bungie games do you have?

ghost 009
08-06-2003, 04:13 PM
none

i used to live in the cuyahoga falls

Hugopolo
08-06-2003, 08:53 PM
oh

JediMasterChief
08-17-2003, 02:46 AM
Halo 2 is currently scheduled to be released March 2004.

E Nomini Patri
08-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
Halo 2 is currently scheduled to be released March 2004.

Not "currently," tentatively.

Delphar7
08-18-2003, 02:12 PM
It is just me...
:huh:
or is Starwarsfanman Pretty intense (or just tense) on this subject... Let people speculate man, relax, sit back and enjoy the fact you are right and we are all wrong... Let us surf by on our blissful cloud of ignorance. . .

I can't wait to play Halo2 next week... It's going to be the Bomb! Glad I pre-ordered!

delphar7

Oh and Hugopolo I had The complete Marathon series and bought Myth and Oni. . . Good ol Bungie. Anyone else notice the "similarities" between Halo and Marathon? (Like the M logo?)

E Nomini Patri
08-20-2003, 04:13 PM
Hehe, I was having a bad day. Will you forgive me? A glass of milk and crackers made it all better ;)

Laxeph
08-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Butterz is a stupid n00b. Give him a break.

ghost 009
08-29-2003, 05:39 PM
?
Man you guys are a little intense on the threads. Chill out.

edited

Hugopolo
08-30-2003, 02:56 PM
I can assure you im nothing like that

ghost 009
08-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Are you not comprehending what I just told you???

Bungie said, yes BUNGIE said the game will not release until 2004. They are not about to just all of a sudden release the game in the holiday season just to "suprise" us. No. There would be an announcement. Also, Bungie is an honest company who thinks the most important thing to them is their fans. That is what distinguishes them. So, that said, why would the tell us something, but do something different? They are just telling you it won't be out in 2003, so don't get your hopes up.

End of discussion.

[QUOTE]Butterz is a stupid n00b. Give him a break.

My examples.