PDA

View Full Version : X-Calibur Controller.

Shadow20002
08-05-2003, 02:08 PM
EI’s X-Calibur controller is our first Xbox gamepad and is the result of endless R&D by numerous industry veterans. We listened to your feedback, read the press reviews and came up with something stellar. We are all confident that Elite Interactive’s X-Calibur pad is a controller without equal, and we implore you to order one and make up your mind for yourself.

http://www.elite-interactive.com/images/products/productPic4-543.jpg

jelgiad
08-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
EI’s X-Calibur controller is our first Xbox gamepad and is the result of endless R&D by numerous industry veterans. We listened to your feedback, read the press reviews and came up with something stellar. We are all confident that Elite Interactive’s X-Calibur pad is a controller without equal, and we implore you to order one and make up your mind for yourself.

http://www.elite-interactive.com/images/products/productPic4-543.jpg

is that a quote or do you work for those people? decent looking controller, i personally only buy first party hardware though.

Kraft
08-05-2003, 04:39 PM
It looks like a sleek madcatz... I might check one out in a store, but to this day no controller has matched the effectiveness of 1st party analog sticks and triggers.

LynxFX
08-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Looks interesting. Has the orginal feel. What are those buttons on the top left side? Are those even buttons? LED's maybe?

RadRider
08-05-2003, 05:07 PM
That looks identical to the powerpad pro I bought several months ago for $30 CND. Button placement, d-pad, joystick, logo shape and position, everything looks identical. Oooh, I see one difference, it's got two buttons above the left joystick instead of the one the powerpad pro has.

Speaking of third party controllers, how come they're all typically the same shape and design as the first party controller, but with minor differences? Like what if I prefer to have both my joysticks at the same location (relative to the center of the gamepad) rather than offset the way they are right now? Well tough luck I guess. If third party controllers would offer an actual choice, I'd be a lot more inclined to pick them up.

thrAsher
08-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Speaking of third party controllers, how come they're all typically the same shape and design as the first party controller, but with minor differences? Like what if I prefer to have both my joysticks at the same location (relative to the center of the gamepad) rather than offset the way they are right now? Well tough luck I guess. If third party controllers would offer an actual choice, I'd be a lot more inclined to pick them up.

Well said, and so true. The only 3rd party controller I have is a Microcon (does Mad Catz make this? can't remember) and basically it's there so my little brother can use it whenever he is over. It's little and fits his hands. Only reason I bought it.

l Maximus l
08-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Despite Soul Calibur 2 being one of the most anticipated games by many, this alleged "Soul Calibur" controller seems nothing more than a gimick just to get people to buy it.

Other than the two buttons above the left stick, this is a pretty typical XBox controller. Besides, who takes their hand off the D-Pad or the left analog stick?!!??! :confused:

Shadow20002
08-06-2003, 02:22 AM
Ok sorry all, just for some misunderstanding about this one. First of all, i am not a person who work there and advertise here for the controller. I just found a news about a new controller coming for Xbox so i post here. And for Maximus, to let you know, this one have the name of X-Calibur controller because they take it like that, nothing to do with the game Soul Calibur 2. :cool:

RadRider
08-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Heh heh, microcon. They make gamecube controllers too. I was sort of scratching my head at that one: "Okay, the gamecube controller is tiny. So this company comes along and says 'let's make a smaller version for some reason!' okay...." :)