PDA

View Full Version : Should Halo 2 have Bots

ghost 009
08-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Some people will really be missing out on halo 2 because they dont have live and bungie has been thinking about making bots for the game. I think if they do make bots you should be able to customize and name them.

armyof_one/ltd
08-06-2003, 10:30 PM
It would rock if Halo2 was bot-enabled cuz we all Know that there are more Xbox owners than Xbox Live owners and it would definitively encourage people to buy and not to buy Live.
Although it would suck if the number of Bots couldnĀ“t be controlled, just like in Unreal C.

DisturbedMonkey
08-07-2003, 01:36 AM
i agree butterz

SoccerCJM77
08-07-2003, 08:39 AM
It would rock to have bots in Halo 2. because it would make you feel you are playing xbox live but actually you are just playing with some bots. It would be awesome yo have as many bots as you want. Like you could have 50 on a team. That would be sweet and then control them all to get in warthog's in drive to the other base and capture the flag. For the people who have xbox live they can just turn off the bots and play with normal people. Also for the people without live they could turn off the bots if they like and just play with some friends.:o

studepaber
08-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Soccer - I doubt if 50 per team would work (gameplay would bog down too much), I'd like to see something like up to 15 bots for a one player (multiplayer game) and if you had 3 buddies playing like 3 bots per team or sumthin. So many possibilities with bots though, please Bungie!!

SoccerCJM77
08-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
Soccer - I doubt if 50 per team would work (gameplay would bog down too much), I'd like to see something like up to 15 bots for a one player (multiplayer game) and if you had 3 buddies playing like 3 bots per team or sumthin. So many possibilities with bots though, please Bungie!!

50 bots in multiplayer would rock. You could have like giant wars and send in all your guys in on warthogs and on tanks. That is what I'm talking about. only a couple people on each teram wouldn't be that great. I want giant wars of bots all over on the next blood gulch

armyof_one/ltd
08-07-2003, 02:14 PM
THats a really good idea Soccer although it would suck if you just killed 20 guys and then a wussy bot finished you with a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle.

Another bad thing about many bots is that it will get slow whenever many bots gathered around a spot.

I think it is better with not so many players just 15 at least 4, and if I want Chaos I would go play UC.

SoccerCJM77
08-07-2003, 02:56 PM
hey army guy. Well the wussy rocket launcher guy would stink so he would probaly miss you so then you can finish him up. Well it would just be cool to play against like 50 bots against 50 bots. The game could go for ever. and it would be a lot of fun. I hope you can put in like how many bots you want to play with. Like if you want 10 bots you get 10 bots on your team. If you want 50 bots. They have to make everyone happy. and plus if you got like 50 bots on your team versus 50 bots on the other team, and you have the warthogs and vehicles. who do you think will win

Shadow20002
08-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Having bots in FPS game should add more life to this one even you own XBL. :p

Reclaimer
08-10-2003, 12:21 AM
Having bots is a serious gamble. Not everyone likes the way bots are portrayed. I don't. I hate how bots play. It's too predictable in a certain way. Meaning, they aren't going to use tactics or cunning to get you. Think of it as a gauge. On one end of the gauge, the bot just sits, and you go to him. On the other end of the guage, the bots just haul ass straight to your position, and that doesn't feel real. It's like the computer just sends them to you. They don't look, they're too perfect when it pertains to finding you..
So, I think bots are stupid, and they have a tendency to make a game bad. People would love a game, and then say, well, they hate the bots.
Halo2 is suppose to raise the bar on enemy AI. If they include bots, then you'll know real fast if they did or not do anything for the game AI. It would actually be a let down because everyone knew that Halo put NPC-AI on the map again. And they all knew that Halo2 would raise the NPC-AI par. So what happens if they put bots in and they stink? They make the game stink. It's a big gamble. Everyone has a certain perspective on the way things should be, and it certainly can't be met everytime. Meaning, you can't please everyone, everytime.
So I hope there are no bots in Halo2. I just want a straight forward deathmatch with my friends.

Besides, would you want a bot to drive for you in a deathmatch? There's no way. You can't communicate to them. It would be suicide.

JediMasterChief
08-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Halo 2 must have bots! Without bots, I wound be ruined because I don't have Xbox LIVE (no broadband internet access). With bots it would give a whole new experience, just live the online features are going to give a whole new experience too.

BUNGIE MUST MAKE BOTS!

Plus I think that Reclaimer is wrong, Bungie (I repeat myself...Bungie) could probably make the best bots you've ever seen. Bungie said themselves that their improving the AI anyway.

E Nomini Patri
08-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Besides, if Bungie isn't happy with the bots, and has no time, or can't improve them, they will be taken out. Maybe place them as DLC on Xbox LIVE?

ghost 009
08-15-2003, 11:37 PM
I think bungie is smart enough to make the bots realistic.

Reclaimer
08-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
Halo 2 must have bots! Without bots, I wound be ruined because I don't have Xbox LIVE (no broadband internet access). With bots it would give a whole new experience, just live the online features are going to give a whole new experience too.

BUNGIE MUST MAKE BOTS!

Plus I think that Reclaimer is wrong, Bungie (I repeat myself...Bungie) could probably make the best bots you've ever seen. Bungie said themselves that their improving the AI anyway.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that I was wrong. It was an opinion, as opposed to a fact. Opionions are just as valid as any regardless of if you happen to disagree.

What I am trying to say is that bots will make or break a game. You can have a game that's 110 percent whoop ass, and if the bot portion is even considered "iffy" it can wreck total public opinion about a game. So I think it's a gamble if you're trying to make a game as ambitious as Halo2, and put bots in. You can't please everybody, and this game is striving to be what the fans want.
So what if they do put them in. I'll get the game anyway. I'm just not a big fan of bots.