PDA

View Full Version : Dde!!!!!!

# 1 Stunner
08-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Alright as much as i love gr:IT i cant play IT!!!! i get a dde every time i play and i cant stand it no more....what are my options to get rid of dde errors? i dont wanna send it away and i dont wanna buy a new one and then return the old one so are there any practical way i can get rid of these they are really ****ing me off, and its just with ghost recon, the regular one and the IT... its not the disc unless i just got 2 crappy gr discs in a row because rtcw doesnt do this neither does any of my other live games.. i was thinkin about returning IT and getting another disc and see if that works because ill be going back to eb this week...so what would u reccomend...

Casper
08-06-2003, 10:33 PM
It's 2 weeks - part with the dam thing and get it fixed...NOW...see, you'd feel much better if you did it 2 weeks ago and THEN the new GR came out...but noooo, you had to be a dope :o

# 1 Stunner
08-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by casper
It's 2 weeks - part with the dam thing and get it fixed...NOW...see, you'd feel much better if you did it 2 weeks ago and THEN the new GR came out...but noooo, you had to be a dope :o come on there has to be another way..can i not just spray a bunch of shi in there and make it all better:watchout:

Reclaimer
08-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Don't have a DVD lens cleaner?

Papke
08-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT spray a bunch of shi in there. That will do more harm than good.

Just take the disc back and exchange it for a new one. If it doesn't work, send in your box.

RudedogX
08-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Stunner, one request...don't mention DDE on a server I'm on again!!!:cuss:

I didn't have one DDE while I had the original Ghost, I didn't have one until after you mentioned it!:cuss: After I was off the server with you, I haven't gotten it since! So please, I don't need this to spread to me again!:eek:

Chaotic
08-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
Alright as much as i love gr:IT i cant play IT!!!! i get a dde every time i play and i cant stand it no more....what are my options to get rid of dde errors? i dont wanna send it away and i dont wanna buy a new one and then return the old one so are there any practical way i can get rid of these they are really ****ing me off, and its just with ghost recon, the regular one and the IT... its not the disc unless i just got 2 crappy gr discs in a row because rtcw doesnt do this neither does any of my other live games.. i was thinkin about returning IT and getting another disc and see if that works because ill be going back to eb this week...so what would u reccomend...

I remember you telling me about this on live last night, have you tried the DVD lense cleaner? If not maybe look into sending it in or just buying a new xbox with the upgraded drive :cheers: There cheap enough now a days.

# 1 Stunner
08-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage

I remember you telling me about this on live last night, have you tried the DVD lense cleaner? If not maybe look into sending it in or just buying a new xbox with the upgraded drive :cheers: There cheap enough now a days. whats a dvd lens cleaner?does it just clean the discs or the thing inside? because ive found a decent method to avoid "Some DDE's" on gr...and yeah rude, sorry bout that , never happen again...;)

E Nomini Patri
08-07-2003, 01:38 PM
hey weed, remove the OXM disc saves on your hard drive, that might help too, cause I hear they frick things up a bit...

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 01:48 PM
I too have heard about the OXM thing. I always remove all my demo stuff after I am done playing there disks. dont know why but i do for some reason.

No Fear 23
08-07-2003, 02:53 PM
i have no problem with it so far. if i do in the future, somebodys gonna get hurt......bad.:eek:

JJaX
08-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Dude....Your xbox is busted. Its not the disc. Because you get DDEs with GR and GR:IT.

Do this:

- Buy a new Xbox

- Wipe your your old Xbox HD

- Return the xbox you just bought, but swap the xboxs

- Get your money back

Problem solved. Do it at walmart. Im sure they will send it out to get serviced or destroyed. Everyones a winner.

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Dude....Your xbox is busted. Its not the disc. Because you get DDEs with GR and GR:IT.

Do this:

- Buy a new Xbox

- Get your money back

Problem solved. Do it at walmart. Im sure they will send it out to get serviced or destroyed. Everyones a winner.

Whats the odds of getting busted doing a deal like that?

JJaX
08-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MetalSludge

Whats the odds of getting busted doing a deal like that?

Getting busted? He is buying an xbox. There is something wrong with it, so he is returning it. Thats all they need to know.

He paid his $300.00 when it 1st came out. He is entitled to return an faulty product. Hes doing the same thing, but with a few extra steps.

Disclaimer: JJaX is not responsible for the actions taken from his advice

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 03:10 PM

Getting busted? He is buying an xbox. There is something wrong with it, so he is returning it. Thats all they need to know.

He paid his $300.00 when it 1st came out. He is entitled to return an faulty product. Hes doing the same thing, but with a few extra steps.

I thought that at wal-mart you could only exchange electroncs now and not get a refund?

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 03:13 PM

Disclaimer: JJaX is not responsible for the actions taken from his advice

LMAO:D :cool: :D

JJaX
08-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by MetalSludge

I thought that at wal-mart you could only exchange electroncs now and not get a refund?

I was not aware of that.

If thats the case, try taget than. Infact, try any whole sale store like BJs or Sams club.

You basically want to go to any store were people will treat an xbox like its a VCR. Or where they cant tell the differece.

No Fear 23
08-07-2003, 05:03 PM

Do this:

- Buy a new Xbox

- Get your money back

but he siad that other games that he have are working fine. GR and IT are just not working right for him. so i was thinking it must be those 2 ghost recon games. :watchout:

l Maximus l
08-07-2003, 05:29 PM
NO FEAR...

Some of the old XBoxes don't have the updated drive to read certain games 100% properly. The new Philips drive found in the new XBoxes is a much better drive. I think JJaX is right, it's his XBox.

Shadow20002
08-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Umm, so what you guys talk about it's who pay the Xbox for 500 bucks (at the launch) is all craps, and who buy the latest ones will be ok ? :eek:

No Fear 23
08-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
NO FEAR...

Some of the old XBoxes don't have the updated drive to read certain games 100% properly. The new Philips drive found in the new XBoxes is a much better drive. I think JJaX is right, it's his XBox.

o well, i havent had ne problems with my xbox yet. which i bought 3 months after launch

AlBoogy
08-07-2003, 07:48 PM
You want my input? Play a REAL game. Its called return to castle wolfenstein :D Sounds to me like youre running away from your 1 on 1 with bunny rabbit. Bwhahahahahahahahaha

No Fear 23
08-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
You want my input? Play a REAL game. Its called return to castle wolfenstein :D Sounds to me like youre running away from your 1 on 1 with bunny rabbit. Bwhahahahahahahahaha

follow these 6 simple steps:

1) go to the store
2)buy ghost recon
3)come home
4)pop in ghost recon
5)play online
6)come back and fix ur post.

Ghost Recon is better than laggy RTCW. thats why everybody is playin that game now instead of RTCW.

bluefire712
08-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

Ghost Recon is better than laggy RTCW. thats why everybody is playin that game now instead of RTCW.

Wolfenstein isn't laggy, even if you have a pretty crappy connection like myself 640/160 DSL. Ghost Recon is twice as laggy, and twice as buggy. You can't cancel on screens, Quick Match takes just as long as Optimatch, and the graphics are dated. Everyone beats the campaign and owns anyone who hasn't. It's a game of who finds who first. Ghost Recon/UbiSoft needs to bow down to Activision and Wolfenstein. I'm sure OXM said "It's the definitive Xbox Live experience." for Wolfenstein, just for kicks eh? Best current Xbox Live game. Period. MotoGP is fun too though. And Wolfenstein campaign is amazing. Ghost Recon's is boring, slow, and painfull dreadful if you want all the cool "bonus" awards by keeping teammates alive, etc.

# 1 Stunner
08-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bluefire712

Wolfenstein isn't laggy, even if you have a pretty crappy connection like myself 640/160 DSL. Ghost Recon is twice as laggy, and twice as buggy. You can't cancel on screens, Quick Match takes just as long as Optimatch, and the graphics are dated. Everyone beats the campaign and owns anyone who hasn't. It's a game of who finds who first. Ghost Recon/UbiSoft needs to bow down to Activision and Wolfenstein. I'm sure OXM said "It's the definitive Xbox Live experience." for Wolfenstein, just for kicks eh? Best current Xbox Live game. Period. MotoGP is fun too though. And Wolfenstein campaign is amazing. Ghost Recon's is boring, slow, and painfull dreadful if you want all the cool "bonus" awards by keeping teammates alive, etc. yeah thats just ur opinion me myself i like gr better than wolf right now, i loved wolkfenstein but gr took me away from it, it just depends on ur tastes...

JJaX
08-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

LolZ LOlZ LOLz LoLl LOLLOL!!!!11!!!!!

http://www.ileet.net/images/noobpaddle.gif

Noob.........

Try a REAL game before advising someone to play your choice.

Hey werent you the one that said Screw KOTOR, NCAA is coming?
And didnt you end up loving KOTOR? Trust us, give GR:IT a chance.

Wolfenstein was cool at first. But GR owns it in the long run. But than again, thats just my opinion as well.

AlBoogy
08-08-2003, 02:16 PM

LolZ LOlZ LOLz LoLl LOLLOL!!!!11!!!!!

http://www.ileet.net/images/noobpaddle.gif

Noob.........

Try a REAL game before advising someone to play your choice.

Hey werent you the one that said Screw KOTOR, NCAA is coming?
And didnt you end up loving KOTOR? Trust us, give GR:IT a chance.

Wolfenstein was cool at first. But GR owns it in the long run. But than again, thats just my opinion as well.

Bwahahah, me noob? You are a funny, funny man. But...

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/137/137015/folders/86150/591537lmao.jpg

heh. Yes it is true, I did dismiss KOTOR. But Ill admit, I was VERY wrong. I havent even played NCAA a second since KOTOR came out.

But regardless, I like RTCW much better then Ghost Recon. I did play the first one on Live many times but its just not what I like. It didnt have rankings, had to press white button to talk, a lot of bugs, and not to mention it is just to slow (for my likings). Lets not forget to mention I actually can get a medic when I call for one in rtcw. :D

JJaX
08-08-2003, 04:44 PM
http://www.ileet.net/images/yourstupid.jpg

:p

MerimacHamwich
08-08-2003, 04:48 PM
If your problem is only with the Ghost Recons disks then I am willing to bet it is the discs. Try boiling them if you could careless about possible damage. Or how about this, try CLEANING them. There's an idea. It seems everyone who comes on here complaining about dirty disc errors never say they actually tried to clean the discs. They just suspect its the hardware.

Seawolf X
08-08-2003, 04:53 PM
ghost recon sucks

JJaX
08-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
If your problem is only with the Ghost Recons disks then I am willing to bet it is the discs. Try boiling them if you could careless about possible damage. Or how about this, try CLEANING them. There's an idea. It seems everyone who comes on here complaining about dirty disc errors never say they actually tried to clean the discs. They just suspect its the hardware.

A beg to differ....

Im not quite sure the THe DDE is really caused by the disc. Read this.....

hey all,
I'm just making this post to see if anyone knows all, or at least msot, of the causes of the dreaded dirty disc error?

The example I'm going to use is morrowind. I love morrowind and bought it, and loved it before i even modded my box. It started to give me dirty disc errors however, and not just in a specific place, but just randomly when i would try to bring up my character menus. This annoyed me greatly, but i lived with it until I heard about the samsung 616t drive replacement. I immediately got one, and successfully modded it, and i thought my troubles with morrowind were over (as i heard this drive will have no problems reading media, even if it's a little roughed up). but i still randomly get the errors, only when i try to bring up the character menus, and only about once every 20 times i do it... it's the weirdest thing.

is there somethign besides the obvious that causes dirty disc errors in games? Why do only certain games seem to have these problems?

(just for the record, I still even get these errors when trying to play morrowind off the hard drive, so i seriously doubt it's actually the disc being dirty (although i suppose it could have gotten ripped off my original wrong))

anyway, any light someone could shed on the subject would be appreciated,

dave

JJaX
08-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Heres another interesting post...

I have been periodically getting dirty disc errors and intermitent lock-ups in some games. I just read a thread someone started on teamxbox.com about how their Xbox was putting perfect circular scratches onto their game discs. Well, I just started examining my game discs again and low and behold I've got these circular scratches on all of my discs. They are perfect circles and seem to be scratched randomly into the discs. there seems to be at least 4 or 5 of these scratches on all of my discs, but the scratches are in different spots on each disc. (These are not circlular patterns that are appearing naturally in the chemical material that makes up the back of the disc, these are actual scratches that have been more or less engraved into the disc)

I wonder if this is related to the "dirty disc message" and the random lock-ups I've experienced in games like Halo and PGR? Has anyone else seen these type of scratches on their discs? The scratches can be hard to see, you may need to look at your discs at different angles under different types of lighting before you actaully see them.

JJaX
08-08-2003, 05:00 PM
And heres one more i suggest you read...

Hey there. I recently replaced my Xbox HD with a 20gig drive.
I replaced the Xbox drive, because it had been damaged somehow (clicking, refusing to boot etc)..

Now, with the new drive in, when I try and play games off the DVD, I get a dirty disc error (JSRF & CM3) , and Halo, well Halo plays, but there are long freeze periods. These are all original games, new as.

So, I figured my DVD drive (Thompson) was a bit buggered, and copied a few of these to the HDD. However! I have the EXACT same problem on the HDD, errors appear at the same places.

Here is a list of things I've tried
- Disable IGR
- Remove Network cable
- Cleaning DVD Drive
- Deleting Gamesaves
- Emptying Y and Z partitions
- Locking the drive / unlocking the Drive

No change. Does anyone know what could be causing this! This is a v1.0 JAP Xbox, Evo 2.4 BIOS, Evo 3XXX Dash.

Any Advice is appricated.

My point? People are getting DDE while playing games off their modded HDs. So its not really the disc.

My suggestion, get a new xbox.

Trade your GR disc with someone that lives near you that doesnt get DDEs. Im sure you will still get problems and he will have none.

JJaX
08-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
ghost recon sucks

Get picked on in school lately?

GR doesnt suck. You just lack the skills to enjoy it.

And sorry for the quad post. I just wasnt sure how much i could fit in one post. So i broke it down.

AlBoogy
08-08-2003, 07:46 PM

GR doesnt suck. You just lack the skills to enjoy it.

In your opinion, OF COURSE. :D I did lol at that pic though. In your opinion, what makes Island thunder better then the original one? I did have my fun with GR but not I didnt get near enough out of it as I have Unreal or RTCW. It just doesnt seem to me that Island Thunder offers much more then the original.

# 1 Stunner
08-08-2003, 11:23 PM
well i think ima borrow my friends xbox for a week and see if i get the same ish and if it is, im fuked

Shadow20002
08-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Umm, anyway changing your Xbox after the warranty have expired is not a so good idea. Maybe, just live with it. :eek:

MerimacHamwich
08-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
well i think ima borrow my friends xbox for a week and see if i get the same ish and if it is, im fuked
Hmm, so you're saying that if you get the same problems with your friends Xbox then you are screwed? Screwed because your Ghost Recon: IT disc is broken, or screwed becuase your Xbox somehow isn't good? If you borrowed your friends XBox and had the same problems, it would point more towards there being problems with the disc, which can easily be replaced. If you didn't get errors with your friends Xbox then it would point towards problems with your Xbox, which is bad. Then you would need to replace your Xbox, which isn't so easy for most poeple.

Anyhow, interesting posts indeed JJax, I never knew of such problems before.