PDA

View Full Version : So after reading the reviews and playin the demo which football game u gettin?

hiter101
08-06-2003, 11:26 PM
so which one are u guys gettin i wanted 2k.....erm i mean nfl espn but after playin the demo it hasnt change a thing for the animations so i think im goin for fever 2004 please dont biatch i didnt include the college games im talkin about NFL! :cheers:

bluefire712
08-06-2003, 11:53 PM
I am going with Fever 2004 this year, almost exclusively because of the new "Cheater Beater" technology and XSN. Those both sound awesome. I got mine overnight preordered from IGN.

Shadow20002
08-06-2003, 11:53 PM
None of them. :argue1:

squid413
08-07-2003, 12:06 AM
well i haven't played the demo's yet, but i will probably rent both and see which one is better. XSN does sound sweet though, but then again so does the first person mode in ESPN:huh:

canadianboi3
08-07-2003, 12:47 AM
I am going to give Fever another kick at the can, just because they have totally redone all player models, animations etc. I don't know, I think I will stick to ESPN though.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2003, 08:57 AM
I'll be buying Madden 2004 and ESPN for my football collection. Fever isnt even considered a good buy for me. So I'll rent it to check it out.

Nosferatu187
08-07-2003, 09:21 AM
ill take a whack at ESPN and Fever.. and see which one is better.. XSN sounds nifty.. but at the same time first person would be insane.. oh well we'll see when the time comes

RudedogX
08-07-2003, 09:25 AM
I'll take ESPN's game over the other choices any day. Gotta go for the realism.

Seawolf X
08-07-2003, 09:34 AM
I'm also going to have to go with espn 2k4 just because of how badass first person would be in a football game.

Chaotic
08-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by hiter101
so which one are u guys gettin i wanted 2k.....erm i mean nfl espn but after playin the demo it hasnt change a thing for the animations so i think im goin for fever 2004 please dont biatch i didnt include the college games im talkin about NFL! :cheers:

I thought you told me to say F" fever :rolleyes: I'm also jumping on the fever bandwagon this year, i have a feeling fever is going to be a sleeper title this year. I now a lot of you guys jumping on Segas nuts are going to miss out on some sweet features in fever this year. :cheers: Just wait and see :)

Hugopolo
08-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Im going with ESPN because i liked them before and now that they have redone the play calling it should be better for split screen and I want to play live so madden is out of the question

# 1 Stunner
08-07-2003, 01:26 PM
somebody reel me in with XSN's new stuff and that cheater technologgy or whatever whats so different? sell me...

MetalSludge
08-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Pobably either Madden or ESPN. Might go ESPN on XBOX and Madden on PS2.

Hugopolo
08-07-2003, 01:57 PM
I think Xsn is just a new gimminck to help sell Fever against the better games

DZNUTZ
08-07-2003, 03:12 PM
espn2k4. no doubt. i'm sho their will be a fever demo sooner then later.

but 2k3 was off the fricken hook.....2k4 no doubt will just improve.

bluefire712
08-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
somebody reel me in with XSN's new stuff and that cheater technologgy or whatever whats so different? sell me...

Tournaments, clans, leagues, rivalries, etc. all integrated with Xbox Live 2.0.

http://www.xbox.com/e3-03/games/preview-xsnsports.htm

Cheater Beater will just stop people from disconnecting and screwing up the statistics.

Originally posted by Hugopolo
I think Xsn is just a new gimminck to help sell Fever against the better games

How is it a gimmick? It's a brand-new feature that has never been integrated like Microsoft has. Is ESPN's first-person mode a gimmick? No, it's just a new feature. It took a lot of time/money/effort to integrate XSN and it'll probably be amazing. Sega could have made something like XSN, but instead chose to make a "Cribs" mode and first-person options.

Hugopolo
08-07-2003, 04:34 PM
But you can do all that kind of stuff on warzone with RTCW GR Unreal and SOF

MerimacHamwich
08-07-2003, 04:38 PM
But you can do all that kind of stuff on warzone with RTCW GR Unreal and SOF
What the heck are you talking about?

hiter101
08-07-2003, 04:39 PM
also i read in oxm fever is gunna have an awesome passing game where u control where the ball goes it should be sweat not just by pressing a reciever and having a coin toss if he catches it or not but u control the ball, and 2k4's first person mode looks like it can be kinda confusing since u cnat see the whole picture jsut see wats comin straght at u so i dunno im goin with fever it should be awesome :cheers:

MerimacHamwich
08-07-2003, 04:41 PM
im goin with fever it should be awesome :cheers:
If I get a football game, I am tottally with you. The stuff in ESPN sounds like a gimmick to me, the stuff in Fever sounds like game improvements. Go Fever. :)

Hugopolo
08-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

What the heck are you talking about?
Im talking about warzone.com

bluefire712
08-07-2003, 06:16 PM
That site doesn't work for me. Operation timed out, but I'll assume it's just one of those site's where people can organize leagues and tournaments. Here's why they're aren't nearly as good:

1) Advertisements all over the site
2) Not all clans/leagues/tournaments are hosted on the same site
3) No official score reporting system (it's usually based on faith)
4) Not nearly as easy to join/manage
5) No real-time rankings

XSN will fix all of those things and probably a lot more.

DocHoliday78
08-07-2003, 06:39 PM
ESPN baby. 2K series pwnz all.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Fever awesome??? ROFLMAO! They have 2 strikes against them so far so why does everyone think they will hit a homerun this time around. I think if anything, the count may go 1-2 with the chance of striking out just missing.

Sega and Madden have proven themselves to be the big boys on the block. As for Fever, they havent even got out of the crib yet (no pun intended).

bluefire712
08-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Fever awesome??? ROFLMAO! They have 2 strikes against them so far so why does everyone think they will hit a homerun this time around. I think if anything, the count may go 1-2 with the chance of striking out just missing.

Sega and Madden have proven themselves to be the big boys on the block. As for Fever, they havent even got out of the crib yet (no pun intended).

According to you. It's personal preference. If all the features live up to the hype (and they're all somewhat equivalent in their own aspects), XSN is the only useful new feature that will make it stand out from the pack. That's enough for my dough.

# 1 Stunner
08-08-2003, 12:23 AM
i dont care about all that stuff, its ll about gameplay, fever is so unrealistic..

Heavens Gate
08-08-2003, 06:49 AM
I'll prob buy all but I'm buying in this order

Madden (comes out first)
ESPN (the best!!!!)
Fever , but if Kevin is still announcing the game, forget it

CrazyCougar
08-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by bluefire712

.....According to you. It's personal preference.

Of course it personal preference. But at the same time its a proven point which the Fever developers have admitted. The previous version of Fever sucked ass. They revamped the whole game just to remain competitive. For those that dont care about a real football game(gameplay), Fever is the perfect compliment. But for those of us that want a REAL football game then Madden and ESPN are our go to guys.

Like is said, before they get any real football fans of the game to buy this game, they need to prove themselves and do it in a big way.

Hugopolo
08-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by bluefire712

According to you. It's personal preference. If all the features live up to the hype (and they're all somewhat equivalent in their own aspects), XSN is the only useful new feature that will make it stand out from the pack. That's enough for my dough.
It doesnt matter how cool and useful XSN is if the game sucks then people wont buy it

Highlite23
08-08-2003, 09:34 PM
ESPN (2K4) hands down.

bluefire712
08-08-2003, 10:06 PM

Of course it personal preference. But at the same time its a proven point which the Fever developers have admitted. The previous version of Fever sucked ass. They revamped the whole game just to remain competitive.

I highly doubt any Fever developer has stated that Fever 2003 "sucked ass." And since when can people put such a bad spin on revamping?

It doesnt matter how cool and useful XSN is if the game sucks then people wont buy it

Again your just stating it sucked based on your opinion. But I bet you there are hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of football-playing gamers that would
say otherwise. XSN is just another stepup for gamers that had all their games ranked somewhat evenly. Do you people realize neither of these games are even out yet? Keep your bias to yourself and simply state the football game your getting and why.

hiter101
08-08-2003, 10:34 PM

Of course it personal preference. But at the same time its a proven point which the Fever developers have admitted. The previous version of Fever sucked ass. They revamped the whole game just to remain competitive. For those that dont care about a real football game(gameplay), Fever is the perfect compliment. But for those of us that want a REAL football game then Madden and ESPN are our go to guys.

Like is said, before they get any real football fans of the game to buy this game, they need to prove themselves and do it in a big way.

dude fever tottaly revamped gameplay they even made it so u can control where the ball goes with the thumbstick (read the oxm review for more info) and the defense got alot harder no more hail marys for touchdowns so i suggest u check it out cuz im hearing its gunna be awesome :cheers:

Chaotic
08-08-2003, 10:36 PM

dude fever tottaly revamped gameplay they even made it so u can control where the ball goes with the thumbstick (read the oxm review for more info) and the defense got alot harder no more hail marys for touchdowns so i suggest u check it out cuz im hearing its gunna be awesome :cheers:

I think a lot of people are going to be suprised about fever this year. :cheers:

dronezero
08-09-2003, 01:06 PM

But the 2k series has had that from day one. Why should I be excited about it now?

Hugopolo
08-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by dronezero

But the 2k series has had that from day one. Why should I be excited about it now?
Yeah really

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Fever..HAHAHAHA...thats all I need to say. Let them prove themselves first, then I will say Fever is a good game. Otherwise, once again it still sucks ass. LOL.... And as for the developers, they admitted the game not being on the same level as 2k3 and ESPN. Hence the whole game "revamp". Too bad Madden and ESPN have had it from the start. There's no need to wonder if the game will be good or not with tese 2 titles. Once again, PROVEN TITLES= Madden, 2k series .......NOT EVEN CLOSE= Fever

bluefire712
08-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Fever..HAHAHAHA...thats all I need to say. Let them prove themselves first, then I will say Fever is a good game. Otherwise, once again it still sucks ass. LOL.... And as for the developers, they admitted the game not being on the same level as 2k3 and ESPN. Hence the whole game "revamp". Too bad Madden and ESPN have had it from the start. There's no need to wonder if the game will be good or not with tese 2 titles. Once again, PROVEN TITLES= Madden, 2k series .......NOT EVEN CLOSE= Fever

Since when did Xbox Addict start letting 5 year olds become moderators? Of course Fever isn't on the same level as Madden and Sega since they've never wanted to be them from the beginning. They've always had an arcade feel, but that's what keeps them different and people don't like three different versions of the same title. You back up none of your posts with any evidence or genuine criticism, you just bash it because it's different. Who exactly gave this guy a moderating position?

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Lets see, they wanted a successful football title though right? I am absolutely disgusted with Miscrosofts attempts at sports games (Fever being top of the list). What evidence do I need to have to back my opinion of a game? Thought so. But I will be sure to dig something up just for you bluefire, stating the developers admitted their title was lacking.

As for the five year old comment, I think you best rethink your comment.

Hugopolo
08-09-2003, 10:00 PM
I dont get why you guys are being so hard on Blitz Pro acording to ign.com its going to have some fun modes to play in http://xbox.ign.com/articles/428/428689p1.html

I still would get ESPN over it but it still sounds like a solid game.

Hugopolo
08-09-2003, 10:00 PM
I didnt mean everyone i meant the guy who made the poll

hiter101
08-09-2003, 10:01 PM
cougar u tottaly are just bashing the game without a single proof u havent even played the game yet and u already burried it i mean give it a chance and no fever and madden didnt have the direction of the ball feature no football game had it it will make it tottally feel like ur a qb cuz u choose where the ball goes not just to who.

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 10:03 PM
My point is to this whole fiasco IS....has Fever proven themselves as being as good game yet? NO, in most people's mind.

Sega and EA have proven themselves as leaders in the field and will continue to do so until Microsoft releases a decent football game.

Thats it. Thats the total point.

hiter101
08-09-2003, 10:08 PM
dude madden had like a 10 year span to perfect there game and sega had like 5 so i think give ms a break its only there 3rd game

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Hmmmm, I do give them a break, but very little slack because it is Microsoft we are talking about. But when guys say Fever is the best football game on the market, or is going to be the best I have to laugh. It hasnt been a proven game yet, what makes people so confident this is the year they breakout of the mold?

Still looking for that developers comment about Fever. Stay Tuned.

ARONO129
08-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Madden will be the best again this year IMO.

Fever's AI is horrid. I don't trust them the change it significantly this year.

ESPN's First Person Perspective will bomb. Good concept but it just won't work. And I could care less about my "Crib". That's just a gimmick.

Madden will rule again.

bluefire712
08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Hmmmm, I do give them a break, but very little slack because it is Microsoft we are talking about. But when guys say Fever is the best football game on the market, or is going to be the best I have to laugh. It hasnt been a proven game yet, what makes people so confident this is the year they breakout of the mold?

Still looking for that developers comment about Fever. Stay Tuned.

A lot of people believe Fever is a superior game to the others. Just because you don't think so, and maybe your friends (if you have any) believe it too doesn't make it a global fact. This is only Madden's 14th game so it's not like they have a huge advantage or anything. :eek: What does Microsoft have anything to do with this? They've just very recently entered the whole video game sports market.

I am awaiting the developers publicly stating that their game is "inferior" in all aspects.

And you do act like a 5 year old even though you may or may not be one. You ctritize everything Fever and don't think there's a single flaw in the 2K NFL series. You just keep saying how bad it is even though you can't really back up your constant smack.

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 10:31 PM
LOL..Bluefire, give me 10 reasons why Fever is superior to the other titles. Just stating the obvious about Fever thats all. I never said Madden and ESPN were perfect. I stated they were the best options for an xbox nfl game.

bluefire712
08-09-2003, 10:37 PM
LOL..Bluefire, give me 10 reasons why Fever is superior to the other titles.

I have never stated that I personally believe Fever is better/worse than any other football title. So why should I? Ask the fans themselves.

Just stating the obvious about Fever thats all.

Does everyone have the same expectations or want the same features as you? Not everyone wants a hardcore football simulation, so therefore Madden/ESPN series would not be better and your post is very misleading.

I never said Madden and ESPN were perfect. I stated they were the best options for an xbox nfl game.

Did you ever admit they had anything wrong or could improved? Your bias is completely uncalled for in this thread. Especially since not one of the 3 major Xbox NFL 2004 games have been released as of this post.

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Bah, I never stated 2004. I said Madden and ESPN (2k series).

As for gamers looking for a hardcore game, if you are a fan of the game then you are looking for the most realistic best game out there. Fever hasnt provided that, but EA and Sega have. So my pists are NOT misleading in that manner. If ya dont want hardcore football then maybe you should be playing a soccer game.

As for Fever fans, alot more Madden fans then Fever (due to long run of title of course, i'll admit that) and Sega just gained a ton of repect from football gamers (including madden guys) last year. As for Fever, IF I was 5 years old then I would be content playing this game. The way the world is popping out babies nowadays, I guess Fever could have the largest fan base.

Kraft
08-10-2003, 03:07 AM
Hmm... saying another game "sucks ass" probably isn't the best way to approach the arguement... *eyes crazy* One thing that could be said is that fever still leans heavily towards more of an... arcade quality, while Sega and Madden football have a better base in the sim arena. Personally I bought the first fever because it looked to be a promising title. I didn't buy it last year, though, because it didn't make enough improvements over their debut title. All they seemed to do was slap in live play and market it as a different game.

Blue: mods are like everyone else on this board, they are allowed to have opinions. Also the mods are just like you or anyone else here, if we were to hold ourselves to 'stringent mod standards' all we would be is forum police and wouldn't be welcome in the place we work. Of course you must also realize that bashing mods, whether they are right or wrong, doesn't fly at all. We do this job for free and it takes up our time, so negativity in such a fashion as you presented it is not worth it. Please not that while crazy made attacks at Fever, you made an attack at crazy. Lets keep this civil and talk about the games, not each other.

LynxFX
08-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Blitz will always be king. :D

...seriously

Discretion
08-10-2003, 04:05 AM
I might get one but I am pointing at no right now. I can barely stick into a sport game without getting bored. I am thinking if I pick one up, it will be ESPN 2k4. I want to try the first person :cheers:

Chaotic
08-10-2003, 07:03 AM
After watching the video of the 3 football games and each developer talking about them, I will say that madden looks sweet. To bad it's not online :cuss:

Dr_J
08-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Already have ESPN and Fever on pre-order.

But, I chose ESPN in the poll because it seems like it's going to come out on top.

Stormlord
08-10-2003, 02:48 PM
I'll get Fever and ESPN, maybe even Blitz. Madden may be a sim but it's unrealistic when a 400 pound blocker seems to catch my reciever half way down the field. But I may get it cause the new features and finally Madden looks better on XBox and GC over the PS2 version. :cheers:

borka105
08-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I will definitely pick up FEVER because it has the most new features and a totaly revamped game (both graphics and gameplay wise) + XSN....

I will also pick up ESPN because I am a big Sega fan although I think they have been slipping ever since NFL2K1. Lasy years version was so slow and calculated that it was more of an RTS game than anything........... hopefully we can see more action this year...

I'll buy both like last year, but one will soon have to go.......

-borka105

JJaX
08-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Im probabley gonna go with madden this year.

Yes i was a madden fan turned to a sega fan. But i came to realize that madden is far more realistic. Not only that, but with sega games the running game is horrible.

Fever is just a joke.

BOo me all u want. Id rather have a great football sim, than an decent one that i can take online.