PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a 61" Toshiba Theatre View TV?

low_ridah11
12-15-2001, 10:38 PM
I was wondering if there is anyone running xbox on a 61" toshiba theatre view television and if you are how good are the graphics on the tv? Also what are you using to connect your xbox to the tv?

robnyack
12-15-2001, 11:56 PM
46" HDTV Mitsubishi with big time home theatre sound system.. Using the High def AV pack and looks great. Games being displayed in progressive scan (480p). Sound for most the games is fantastic.

Of course, it's a rear end projection set, so have to be careful to avoid burn in. But, most the games we have so far, there are not alot of static images that would cause burn in. Games like Halo, that do have the static images (health meter and other things like that), get played on our 27" analog set in bedroom. Still looks great.

low_ridah11
12-16-2001, 08:41 AM
is there any way that you can turn the static images off on those games like on PC versions so that i could play them on my tv without burning them into it?

Hugh_Jass
12-16-2001, 08:49 AM
Take Nascar Heat, for example. If you like to play with the in-car view there are a lot of static images on the screen. Yes, you can switch to a different view but it fundamentally changes your gaming experience.

robnyack
12-16-2001, 09:29 AM
the only game I've come across where you can kill a static image, is NBA Live. It gives you the option of getting rid of the score information that is always statically being displayed.

I was surprised that of the game I have so far, Halo and Starwars were the only two that I did not feel comfortable playing them on my rear end projection tv.

The other games (both football games, Munch, NBA Live) seem to not have much in terms of static images. But, if you have a rear end projection TV, BE CAREFUL. Even those annoying little static images that TV stations put on the bottom of the screen can cause burn in if left on long enough. And let's not even talk about the cable news stations and their insanity with static images being displayed EVERYWHERE on the screen these days. Pet peeve of mine. VERY annoying.