PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get cheaper Monster Cables?

TegSkywalker
08-07-2003, 02:25 PM
I was looking into getting a pair of the GameLink™ 400 X Component Video (http://monstercable.com/monstergame/xbox/productPageXBOX.asp?pin=1528) cables for my Xbox and noticed these cables are around $60 according to their website. I have seen these for $50 on other websites, but that is still too much for what I am getting.

Does anyone know of any good sites where they sell cheap Monster Cable products and where I can get something like this for say... $30 instead of $50 or $60? Thanks.

wweomaniac
08-07-2003, 05:10 PM
eBay you can get it for like $20 as the final auction price.

LynxFX
08-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Ebay like the man said.

Otherwise, no where. Monster locks their prices just like Bose. They are very similar in the way they run things, make it expensive and the people will think it's good. At least with Monster cables they are still decent cables, but not for the retail price.

Ninja Scroll
08-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Speaking of Monster Cables Lynx.
How do I get da Video2 I have connected from my Xbox HDTV Adapter to my DVD to put out 5.1 sound from TV programing?:huh:

LynxFX
08-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Speaking of Monster Cables Lynx.
How do I get da Video2 I have connected from my Xbox HDTV Adapter to my DVD to put out 5.1 sound from TV programing?:huh:
Have to be a little more specific.

I take it you want 5.1 sound from your standard tv programs? Well that is impossible unless you have digital cable box with 5.1 or satellite with 5.1 hookups. Otherwise you can take the stereo sound connections (red, white) and take them to your receiver and use the receiver to output the signal as pro logic or pro logic II if you have it.