PDA

View Full Version : DOA3 combos

alien_69
12-16-2001, 02:59 AM
Hi All,

I haven't played much multiplayer DOA3 and i was wondering if anyone playing DOA3 is doing long combos.
I come from playing SoulCalibur almost every day for the past 2 years so i have no idea if the combos i'm getting in DOA3 are good. This is the first time i've played the DOA series.

Right now, my record is a 14 hit combo with Christie, which is in sparring mode and probably isn't possible for me in a real game.

In game my record is 12 hit combo- also with Christie.

With other the characters i use, i average 8 hit combos in game (like survival.) - using the wall to keep the opponent close.

I haven't played the ninja's much yet, so i don't know if they are better at combos. I mostly play Jann Lee, Hitomi, Christie, Bass, Zack, and Bayman.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone said they have done 16+ hit combos. maybe i'm just not doing the correct linking blow to keep the opponent from falling all the way to the ground to let me hit them more. Or maybe i'm using the wall to keep them standing when i shouldn't be.

please post your # combo hits and what characters you do them with

Thanks!:D

update: i just pulled off a 16 hit combo with Christie in sparring mode.

Markus_Kalarkus
12-18-2001, 04:41 PM
i get 21+ with jan lee:D

alien_69
12-18-2001, 04:51 PM
hi Markus

awesome :)

when you pull off a 21 hit combo with Jann Lee are you using the wall?

also, are you in sparring mode vs a standing opponent or vs another player or cpu in survival/time attack.

i gotta try jann lee again :cool:

looks like i have a lot of work to do on my skillz :D

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 09:59 PM
sorry i meant 12+ not 21 sorry!!!!! and yes i use the wall and the air! what i mean is hit him in the air then the wall. i can do same with hitomi aswell:)

Snoopy7548
01-05-2002, 10:58 AM
i got a 9 hit combo with zack

Ninja Scroll
01-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Yo, you cats can pull off 100 combo move or whatever you can or want but if you ever play your hero & role model Ninja Jubei your monkey ass will get reversed ever singal time you make a move! :D
Combo's are overated in Dead Or Alive series cause the reversal system is waaaaaaaaaay to eazy to pull off!
btw, my favs is DOA3 are da drunk dude, Ein, and da chick dat fights just like him. what's her name again? she's the one with the blue jeans and brown hair. I think she is american? Oh, well.. just another trick! :D

WhiteWynter
01-06-2002, 01:11 AM
lol. jubei.

RandyJom
01-21-2002, 09:34 AM
the counter system is not as easy as it seems, you can't just sit there countering everything, otherwise they'll grab you.

Me and my friend got a 18 hit combo doing tag, if you switch in the middle of a combo your partner comes in really fast and you can get really high combos. Yes we used the wall. I was Kasumi and he was Ryu Hyabusa