PDA

View Full Version : Well, August 25th will be a great Xbox day. XSN, XBL 2.0, and now..

Xbox Owner
08-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Microsoft to debut Live Web

News

The Web-based application will tie directly into Xbox Live.

Microsoft has announced that Live Web will be available on August 25. The Web-based feature will let users monitor different facets of Xbox Live through a Web page. Users will be able to view their friends list to see which friends are playing online, and they will also be able to view stats and scoreboards. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon will be one of the first games to support the feature, allowing users to view their ranking through the Web. Microsoft said it plans to also hold a number of special events through Live Web.

In addition, Microsoft has revealed that those who purchase NFL Fever 2004--and Xbox Live games released after it--will be offered two free months of Xbox Live service.

By Giancarlo Varanini, GameSpot [POSTED: 08/07/03 05:08 PM

:cheers:

bluefire712
08-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Great news! I told all of you skeptics the Live Aware features would be coming along with the August 25th update and it was the official Xbox Live 2.0. I am a little upset that Microsoft may be making a little monopoly by giving away the extra free Xbox Live months with their games. I hope it applies to all new, Xbox Live games. I don't understand why on most of the older Live games you won't be able to see statistics on the net. :(

canadianboi3
08-07-2003, 11:59 PM
So, if I buy ESPN Football 2003 on September 2nd, I get an extra 2 months of XBL?!?! Saaaweeet!. Man, XBL keeps getting better and better! Can't beat the price either!

# 1 Stunner
08-08-2003, 12:25 AM
man ,wto renew ur subrscription it will only be 50$ right?but anyway serious, no other system cant match this at all..

Arven
08-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks, I didn't know about Live Web, or that it was coming 8/25. So it will let you see who's online, who's playing what, and what your ranking is (at least in some games)? And there will be "special events," TBA?

wbio
08-08-2003, 09:39 AM
this is sweet, and the two months free XBl will be great too.

Chaotic
08-08-2003, 10:01 AM
With them offering months of free xbl it sounds like to me the service will eventually be a monthly based fee :( Either way it doesn't matter to me beacause i will pay for it.

Duke
08-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
With them offering months of free xbl it sounds like to me the service will eventually be a monthly based fee :( Either way it doesn't matter to me beacause i will pay for it.

You're probably right, but we've all got another year and a half till we have to worry about that anyway.

GrggThGrmmRpr
08-08-2003, 10:16 AM
i can see them doing that considering even though i got xbox live and i had to pay 40 bux for phantasy star online they want 9 bux a month to play it online when its required to play online? they get u with fees all over the place!

canadianboi3
08-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

You're probably right, but we've all got another year and a half till we have to worry about that anyway.
We have another year and a half? Really? I've heard beta testers subscriptions last a little longer. Hopefully thats true.

bluefire712
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by GrggThGrmmRpr
i can see them doing that considering even though i got xbox live and i had to pay 40 bux for phantasy star online they want 9 bux a month to play it online when its required to play online? they get u with fees all over the place!

Sega chose to add a fee with their game. If you want to complain about it this post should be directed towards Sega. They've always been greedy, evil *******s in my mind. Never making any good games anyhow IMO. I think they're will always be a yearly option for $50 or so. If you think about it what does it matter if there are 5 Live games (like at launch) or 100 by 2004. You can only play on game at a time no matter what. :p So unless they keep adding features out the wazoo I wouldn't expect a rate hike soon.

l Maximus l
08-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Yeah...that's wierd. What do they mean two months of free XBox Live service? I thought the damn thing was $50 for a year?! I wonder if they pro-rate it or something...hmmm :confused:

CrazyCougar
08-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Well with MS unveiling all these new features I wouldnt be the least bit surprised that they unveil a new pricing system too. But I am having a feeling that the 2 free months is for new subscribers only. Now of course you could create a new gamertag for 2 months, but unless you subscribe at the end of those 2 months, that tag will be null and void afterwards. I dont think this will apply to accounts already active.

GrggThGrmmRpr
08-09-2003, 12:49 PM
I get it! You don't hafta pay 50 bux a year! You can pay a monthly rate of like 7 bux if you want to. So when you buy the new game, and put it in your xbox it gives you the ability to play it on XBL for 2 months and not pay anything. But after that you gotta go out and buy an XBL starter kit or order a full year plan etc.

canadianboi3
08-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Didn't Microsoft already say you can choose either $50/a year, or $10/month or something? I remember seeing this on the front page.

bluefire712
08-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Stop posting wrong monthly plans!!!

It's $5.95/month or $49.95/month which won't include everything in the Starter Kit package (communicator). The new Starter Kit will include a year and communicator and demos for $69.95 or $79.95.