PDA

View Full Version : Which HOckey game on Live This Year?

aasimhirji
08-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Whcih one would YOU say? Rivals 2004 or Espn Hockey?
Give some reasons if possible

CrazyCougar
08-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Rivals is a first year title. Stay away....stay far away. We all know Microsofts background on Sportgames (THEY SUCK). While all the videos and screenshots look great and XSN is enticing. You need to wait on this one guys. As for ESPN, the graphics may not be as flashy but the gameplay is there. Its a solid hockey game with even more advancememnts in the game this year. AI and goaltending is outstanding and will be even better this year.

Sega's title all te way.

Chaotic
08-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Rivals is a first year title. Stay away....stay far away. We all know Microsofts background on Sportgames (THEY SUCK). While all the videos and screenshots look great and XSN is enticing. You need to wait on this one guys. As for ESPN, the graphics may not be as flashy but the gameplay is there. Its a solid hockey game with even more advancememnts in the game this year. AI and goaltending is outstanding and will be even better this year.

Sega's title all te way.

Actually the graphics are greatly improved this year for ESPN's title. I seen it at E3 and it looked great. Rivals does also look real good with graphics and the gameplay also looked real good. As you said it is a first year title so we'll just have to wait and see which one i buy this year.

Chaotic
08-08-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

Sega's title all te way.

Actually the graphics are greatly improved this year for ESPN's title. I seen it at E3 and it looked great. Rivals does also look real good with graphics and the gameplay also looked real good. As you said it is a first year title so we'll just have to wait and see which one i buy this year.

Papke
08-08-2003, 05:47 PM
The dreaded double post!:D

Vikingfan84
08-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Never get a game in it's first season, let them fix all their problems for the following season, then think about getting it. But definately get NHL2k4. The best hockey game ever is NHL2k4. NHL2k3 was nice IMO.

Pipetender
08-12-2003, 03:17 PM
I am going with Rivals. The graphics are amazing and they have a fair amount of cool features. You can even play 3 on 3 pond hockey with all the players being real! I know it is their first year but I think it will be a very good game. ESPN looks veyr lame once again. I never really liked this game because of poor graphics, the skate like monkeys, and pretty boring online play. This is just my opinion, but I am going with Rivals. Many features have yet to be revealed so we have to wait and see.

ARONO129
09-03-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm buying ESPN for sure. I'm finally giving up on EA Sports. Madden '04 sucks. So I'm getting ESPN Football and Hockey. The fixed the graphics from last years hockey and the AI is killer.

CrazyCougar
09-03-2003, 06:42 PM
I just played the demo of 2k4 (ESPN) for the past few days now. I have to say, look out....2k4 is as smooth as butter in gameplay and the graphics are stellar. 2k4 is the game this year guys.

limpy43
09-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Rivals looks pretty sweet, And nhl 2k3 was boring so i'll probably go with rivals or nhl 2004.