PDA

View Full Version : Let the flaming begin

ARONO129
08-08-2003, 02:14 PM
I ordered Madden '04 on my Visa today. It should be in stores (In Canada) August 12th.

I like Fever but the AI in the past has been really bad. I always blew away the other team. Fun once and awhile but not all the time.

As for ESPN I've read that the graphics are not great this year and I think the First Person Perspective will bomb.

That leaves EA and even though they won't support Live the AI in Madden has always been great.

DZNUTZ
08-08-2003, 02:18 PM
eh...y not. i always heard you enjoy playing with yourself.

ARONO129
08-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
eh...y not. i always heard you enjoy playing with yourself.

I guess I better start shutting the blinds.:watchout: :watchout: :watchout:

Vikingfan84
08-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Madden is a good game, don't get me wrong. But Sega's football title is a lot better. EA is just lucky they are bigger in the sports games, or they would be blown away in sales every year.

Heavens Gate
08-10-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I ordered Madden '04 on my Visa today. It should be in stores (In Canada) August 12th.

I like Fever but the AI in the past has been really bad. I always blew away the other team. Fun once and awhile but not all the time.

As for ESPN I've read that the graphics are not great this year and I think the First Person Perspective will bomb.

That leaves EA and even though they won't support Live the AI in Madden has always been great.

Dude,

Do you always believe what you hear? SEGA's game has been the best since it came out on Dreamcast. Madden is rehash after rehash. I can't believe you think the graphics will suck. I won't bash you, but I'm telling you to at least give it a chance.

dances with broom sticks
08-10-2003, 11:17 PM

Well, from the looks of your profile, you dont have live, and that is the main reason lots of people shy away from madden. I dont see any reason you wouldnt get it. It will be a good football game, since it will be the same as last year, with upgrades to it.

borka105
08-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

Well, from the looks of your profile, you dont have live, and that is the main reason lots of people shy away from madden. I dont see any reason you wouldnt get it. It will be a good football game, since it will be the same as last year, with upgrades to it.

well said, truthfully, if i didn't have LIVE, I might have gotten madden as well. It probably has the best gameplay of the three and this year's version has a re-vamped franchise mode.

But since I have lIVE, MADDEN is a can't buy til it's online playable on the xbox.

-borka105

ARONO129
08-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

True. If I did have Live I would get Fever 2004. Like I said I think last years AI in Madden was perfect. Not having Live the AI is really important to me. EA should wake up and sign on with Xbox Live already. I do feel guilty supporting them.:cry:

ARONO129
08-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate

Dude,

Do you always believe what you hear? SEGA's game has been the best since it came out on Dreamcast. Madden is rehash after rehash. I can't believe you think the graphics will suck. I won't bash you, but I'm telling you to at least give it a chance.

I did buy Sega's NFL 2K3 last year and I thought the players faces looked distorted. I also missed having a customizable camera angle too so I even traded for Madden.

I also think First Person Perspective may not be as good as people think it will be. From the footage I've seen, it's had to get a perspective of where the other players are on the field IMO.

WynnFire
08-12-2003, 02:35 AM
I have never liked a Madden game! I like John Madden himself, but his games just bore me. It seems to be the same thing year after year but with slightly improved graphics and little training games thrown in there. Plus EA uses the same graphics engine in their games. Madden 2K3 had the same grass that Harry Potter COS did. (No Joke!) Sega and MS's football games are funner and better then Madden's, well at least to me anyway.

:mad: :watchout: :cuss: :D

studepaber
08-12-2003, 08:26 AM
I think I'm picking up Madden 2004 today, got a 9.4 from IGN and 9.1 from Gamespot. I know I know IGN gave WWF for Xbox a 9 something and the game sucked but the playmaker option and franchise/owner modes intrigue me. I usually play football games with my buds so I'm not concerned about lack of online play. I've never bought previous Madden titles for the Xbox in the past but....it just seems (and looks) d@mn good (plus I got $ burnin a hole in my pocket :) )

xbox maniac 409
08-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Well last year i played madden 03 at my cousins house and had to buy it, which i was planning not to, and i will probably buy 04 in 2 days. It also intrigues me that u can build your stadium and place the tunnels where u want thats pretty cool i think.:D

runninutes
08-12-2003, 03:15 PM
If you're OK with OXM, they compare all of the big football games coming out in this month's issue (the one with Deus Ex on the cover), and there's a demo of ESPN NFL Football (or NFL 2K4, as it might have been named) on the disk, so you can try out first-person mode for just $8.

ARONO129
08-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Here's a link to Madden '04 scores. So far the scores are 91-100:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox/maddennfl2004/

One question though. Can you use owner mode and still play the actual football games? The game I ordered should get here in two days. Arrgh.

Waterspout
08-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Can you use owner mode and still play the actual football games?

Yes....owner mode is just another part of franchise.

CrazyCougar
08-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by runninutes
....so you can try out first-person mode for just $8.

First person mode is not available to play on the demo. You can only play it in the normal view. One 3 minute quarter. But you get the choice of all the playoff teams from last year to use. (which is better then being limited to just last years super bowl teams like normal).

There is a short advertisement for the First Person Mode after you finish your game.

ARONO129
08-18-2003, 03:30 AM
I'm playing my third preseason game. No owner mode yet (I turned it on). It must be available after preseason and just before regular season. Right?

jabrre
08-24-2003, 11:47 PM
I was gonna buy the Madden game, but since the game now has a huge bug, Im gonna give ESPN Football 04 my 50 bucks. I may have the PS2, but there is no way I am going to buy Madden 04 for that system as well. Sports games, PS2, and memory cards just dont mix well together for me.

CrazyCougar
08-25-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm playing my third preseason game. No owner mode yet (I turned it on). It must be available after preseason and just before regular season. Right?

Owner mode switches on after the preseason is over. I was wondering the same thing until I began the season. Once owner mode turns on, then all the fun really begins. Drop those ticket prices and set some promotions. Those fans will come a flocking.

canadianboi3
08-25-2003, 11:51 AM
I rented it, due to the whole free thing and stuff, and I really enjoyed the owner mode. It was cool, I got a TV deal to get more money, and I accepted a sponsership deal for my stadium. It really is a cool feature, but it's missing the main feature I wan't.....Xbox Live. This is the reason I will stay away from Madden just because Live makes games that much more worth it IMO.

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 12:42 AM
If you got Live you would understand. I hope 2K4 reaches NCAA 2004. I dont worry though, the demo kicked ass. Only one more day.

ARONO129
09-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Pass the salt so I can eat my words. Madden is terrible. A real step back from last year.

The graphics are awful. The players look washed out and have the doll eye look. The field textures are Atari like and even the players skin tones are off.

The playcalling\stat screen takes up 50% of the screen leaving a small window for replays.

Playmaker and Owner mode can't save this game. I'm waiting for ESPN to come in.

There. I have eaten my words. Serves me right for supporting EA.

robnyack
09-03-2003, 10:40 PM

That leaves EA and even though they won't support Live the AI in Madden has always been great

oh my, what a tragic mistake. ESPN NFL Football is stunning.

ThaWatcher
09-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Madden '04 was wack.....