PDA

View Full Version : I need help please.....

hobbes2d
08-08-2003, 09:24 PM
I just recently bought a referbished xbox and I'm guessin that this is a common occurance, but every game I have tried to play so far I have had some sort of problem with it reading the disc. Can anyone tell me if this is very common? And how I can fix this problem or make it so that the damn thing reads the discs or if I should return the box and buy a new one. Thanks for any help u can give.

Highlite23
08-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Well, if you can, exchange it for another referb or a new unit. That would be your best bet.

If a refurb acts up, somethings not quite right. It's not really a common accurance.

yeszir
08-08-2003, 11:25 PM
when that happens to me (as it does with a lot of the first round of xboxes) i just pop the disc out and put it right back in. Thats probably not your problem though, maybe something's up.

l Maximus l
08-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Highlight-XBA nailed it...I'd return the refurbished XBox and exchange it for a new one (or new refurbished one). That should solve the problem.

I know that it kinda sucks and is inconvenient, but, I guess that's life. I would exchange it now so it's not too late.

By the way, welcome to XBA :D

Reclaimer
08-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Refurbished anythings are an invitation for trouble. Yeah, yeah, purportedly refurbished back to manufacturerer standards. But can you trust that? Do you really know for sure? Basically you buy a used unit that could have been abused, or whatever, and they just look at it, and "bring it back to original specs." Is the Microsoft sticker underneath the unit the original one? It shouldn't be. Because it covers some of the screwholes to acess the cover. If they really inspected and refurbished the unit, the sticker would be poked through. Another thing, was that if it was an official refurbishment, the serial number would change. Because it is no longer an original unit, and no longer eligible for any of the original warranty. Why? Because the unit has exchanged hands 3 times, and has been opened. Therefore Microsoft cannot gurantee the quality of that unit.
So if it's an actual refurb, then the serial number should have the letter "R" somewhere in the begining. That means it was done by a subsidiary of Microsoft, and that unit is accounted for in a database. They can run the numbers and see that it was refurbished.
In some cases, you get these used xboxes, they've been dropped, and basically where someone elses problem at one point. Put it this way. People just don't give up a perfectly good xbox for no reason.
So they turn in their worn out xbox, the people at the store look at it for visual damage, then pop in a game. (Maybe). If it boots, it's good.

Never buy a refurb anything. No matter how good of a deal it is.
Chances are, you can't verify that unit's past.

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 04:34 AM
Yeah just go and return it. The store shouldn't give you any problems about it. And like others said welcome to XBA