PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 CO-OP

JR Alberda
08-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Anyone head yet if the Halo2 multiplayer will be limited to 2 people still or is there the possibility of 4 player coop. I plan to do a HALO 2 release weekend thing where I dont move my butt off the couch until I finish the game. (if I can even finish it in that time) It would just be a bunch funner with a few friends.

Shadow20002
08-09-2003, 03:01 PM
humm, nothing news about it. Should wait at least in the fall of this year. :p

Lord Vivic
08-09-2003, 03:49 PM
That sounds cool JR.

xboxman_1
08-09-2003, 04:45 PM
It would just be a bunch funner with a few friends.

A bunch funner? Well golly gee, I'm not sure little Jimmy. They havent said anything yet, but playing with 4 of your gosh-darndest friends does sound bunches more funner!!

Reclaimer
08-09-2003, 04:53 PM
I haven't heard anything about a 4 man co-op campaign.

I don't know if I even want a 4 man co-op campaign. I think that kind of stretches the story. But that's just me. Master Chief is the last of his kind, but here's 3 more to tag along with him.

Either way, we should know more the closer we get to Chirstmas.

nutsnyomowf
08-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

A bunch funner? Well golly gee, I'm not sure little Jimmy. They havent said anything yet, but playing with 4 of your gosh-darndest friends does sound bunches more funner!!

:rofl:

E Nomini Patri
08-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I haven't heard anything about a 4 man co-op campaign.

I don't know if I even want a 4 man co-op campaign. I think that kind of stretches the story. But that's just me. Master Chief is the last of his kind, but here's 3 more to tag along with him.

Either way, we should know more the closer we get to Chirstmas.

You'll love this idea Reclaimer :)

The other three are ODST's!!!

Reclaimer
08-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

You'll love this idea Reclaimer :)

The other three are ODST's!!!

Remind me what a ODST is. That sounds familiar

DocHoliday78
08-09-2003, 07:36 PM
LOL Wow i havent heard the word funner in a while. I dont know if Halo 2 will be 4 player co-op but if it is then how cool would it be to do system link 8 player co-op. That would be sweet.

E Nomini Patri
08-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer

Remind me what a ODST is. That sounds familiar

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, the Hell Jumpers from FoR.

Remember? :)

Reclaimer
08-09-2003, 11:57 PM
That would be cool indeed.

I thought it kind of cheapened the story to have to Master Chiefs running around. Cortana is only actually talking to one of you, and well, the story only pertains to one of you.
I'm not saying I don't like co-op, that's not true. I love co-op campaign. But, I think it's a stretch to put 4 MC's in one campaign. Halo revolves around a good story, and I can already forsee that Halo2 will be just as story driven. I just don't want them to cheapen the deal up, just so that they could accomodate the other players coexistence. It would be cool if one was Master Chief John 117, and the others where the ODST's or something. That way it doesn't get all lame, when somewhere in the story they say something like: "There's only one of you..." When in fact there's 4 on the screen.
Now that the Xbox has made it this far, and games of the caliber and magnitude of Halo2, and even True Crime SOLA are coming out, I want not only good graphics and tons of content, I want attention to detail. That's just as important to a great game.
Meaning accomodating the options of a mulitplayer campaign, as opposed to taking shortcuts to make it all work.

yeszir
08-10-2003, 12:02 AM
wouldnt 4 or 8 player co-op make it too easy to kill all the baddies? I mean 8 decent playres would hano problem conquering Halo 1, even on legendary. I like the 2 player mode and hope it stays that way actually.

Douchesforfun
08-10-2003, 04:35 PM
i should hope more than 2. 2 just doesent satisfy hungry gamers.....
GOODBYE HALO...-hahahahahahahhhahahah yeah right my ass..

l Maximus l
08-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Well, whatever Bungie does, I hope they also add System Link Co-op in the Campaign mode.

Reclaimer
08-11-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Well, whatever Bungie does, I hope they also add System Link Co-op in the Campaign mode.

Yes, it would be nice to have a screen to yourself. That way you can savor the graphics, and the madness all to yourself.
:cheers:

JR Alberda
08-11-2003, 01:50 PM
I totally agree with system link coop. Even 4 player that way. Would not even want to do 4 player coop on 1 screen, too small.