PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Expansions for Xbox



Lord Vivic
08-09-2003, 04:46 PM
When are they coming out with them?

Shadow20002
08-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Ii think is in this fall or in early of 2004. :)

DocHoliday78
08-09-2003, 08:34 PM
I wana say that they will delay it untill xmas but then i think of the xmas line up so i am going with fall also.

FuNkY mOnK
08-09-2003, 09:12 PM
no offense, but when you start a thread like this put a question Mark at the end so others and myself know if you'er asking or telling us. Sh it like this makes me nuts. Thanks.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
no offense, but when you start a thread like this put a question Mark at the end so others and myself know if you'er asking or telling us. Sh it like this makes me nuts. Thanks.




Well now I know why you call yourself Fonky Monk.:p

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 03:25 AM
Does anyone know any info about them?

Arven
08-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Release date is 10-14 right now. It may change, of course. Morrowind's release date was pushed back half a dozen times. I guess we'll see. But it's 10/14 right now.

Shadow20002
08-15-2003, 03:27 PM
But my target is Otogi and Dynasty Warriors 4....

Professor Kaos
08-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Now u gotta remember that the expansions themselves are not coming out. Its Morriwnd: Game of the Year edition which has the original game + the expansions, that is schedualed for releas 10/14/03. Check it out here. (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/233994.asp)

Peepers
08-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Lord Vivic
When are they coming out with them?

I think I remember early reports (maybe just rumors) that it would be out this fall. I kind of doubt that. Frankly I'd be surprised if it comes out in time for Christmas.

JediMasterChief
08-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Morrowind GotY is supposed to be released this fall. I'm not going to get it, since I already have the original Morrowind and I hardly play it anymore.

However, I do think it was a great game...an excellent game. I played it through all of last summer (2002) nonstop. It's probably one of the better games on Xbox.

Shadow20002
08-17-2003, 04:22 AM
Wow, with the expansions packs should keep you busy like over 400 hours... :p

blonks
08-17-2003, 01:37 PM
do u think if you have the original morrowind and buy the GOTY edition that it would keep your saved game...in my case blinx

MerimacHamwich
08-17-2003, 02:10 PM
I remember reading in a news artile that it does just that blinx. Everyone who purchased Morrowind or playe it before will be able to use their old savegames with the gae f theyear edition.

Yes, it does include both expansion packs currently out on PC, which means it includes all patches currently out on PC as well. There is so much more added to the game through these expansions that it would be a crime for any Morrowind lover to not get the Game of the Year Edition.

Peepers
08-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by blinx
do u think if you have the original morrowind and buy the GOTY edition that it would keep your saved game...in my case blinx

I can also confirm that your save games will be preserved and playable in the GOTY edition. The biggest problem, (the only provlem?), is going to be the ever-persistent DDE (dirty disk error).

Nameless00
08-18-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by blinx
do u think if you have the original morrowind and buy the GOTY edition that it would keep your saved game...in my case blinx
Thats what the hard-drive is for ;).

blonks
08-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Peepers


I can also confirm that your save games will be preserved and playable in the GOTY edition. The biggest problem, (the only provlem?), is going to be the ever-persistent DDE (dirty disk error).

ive never got a DDE

Peepers
08-18-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by blinx


ive never got a DDE


Well then you've not been playing very long. Once your save-files get to be a certain size, DDE's become frequent. That's why I hope Bethsoft fixes this problem. Otherwise, already large save-files will get even bigger, even as the tecnical demands on the Xbox increase. If this scenario takes place, then DDE's will be as common (and annoying) as cliff racers.

MerimacHamwich
08-18-2003, 01:55 AM
I have never had a dirty disc error, nor has my friend who beat the game and became the head of a house as well as the head of a guild. My advice, dispose of corpses when you kill things, they come to haunt you in the form of DDE's if you don't!

And, seeing as Bethesda incorporated bug fixes for the PC version in both expansions I am sure they are working on fixing the issue some poeple have had with Morrowind on the Xbox.

blonks
08-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Peepers



Well then you've not been playing very long. Once your save-files get to be a certain size, DDE's become frequent. That's why I hope Bethsoft fixes this problem. Otherwise, already large save-files will get even bigger, even as the tecnical demands on the Xbox increase. If this scenario takes place, then DDE's will be as common (and annoying) as cliff racers.

those damn cliff racers...

anyways..what type of armor do u guys have.....mine is bad ass i have full bonemold (the gaurds in balmora wear that) but i dont have a shield cause' i use a noradic claymore (or something...it takes off 30)

yeah...theiving rocks...even though im a redgaurd...

Peepers
08-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by blinx


those damn cliff racers...

anyways..what type of armor do u guys have.....mine is bad ass i have full bonemold (the gaurds in balmora wear that) but i dont have a shield cause' i use a noradic claymore (or something...it takes off 30)

yeah...theiving rocks...even though im a redgaurd...


OK that's why you haven't gotten a DDE yet. It sounds like your still pretty early in the game if your using bonemold and nordic stuff. (not that there's anything wrong with that.) After you play longer, and your save file gets bigger you shall meet the DDE.

Mr.MoJoRiSiN
08-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Peepers: I haven't played the game in a while, but I last remember using all glass armor, gives me crazy protection
I rarely lose any health......beating the game was a snap.

Yannie Boy
08-25-2003, 04:34 PM
HA!!!! im a marrowwind lover........i traded in mines to get a game(i forgot which one tho) knowing that they'd release the goty edition.................................oh those cliff racers the good ol times......me and my lvl 64 dark elf...............wow............i can't wait

Shadow20002
08-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Try to reduce the save file by carrying less stuffs, so maybe you could avoid the DDE. :p

Peepers
08-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Try to reduce the save file by carrying less stuffs, so maybe you could avoid the DDE. :p

A step in the right direction, but by no means sufficient to solve the problem; lots of programming work seems to be the only solution. The fact that Goty is taking so long suggests that Bethsoft might be getting its hands dirty with re-programming.