PDA

View Full Version : The things you've heard ....... and made you deaf......

Vteck3000
12-16-2001, 12:12 PM
I would like to know what you guys or girls have heard in the stores related to the XBOX. For example this is what i heard yesterday when i went to Future Shop. This is a sales man speaking: " well if you want to play a game you need to buy the memory card. Not all games will play if you don't buy the memory card. " or this one a few minutes later : " yes you need to buy the DVD playback kit if you want to play DVD's. But don't forget that you also need to buy and extra controller. For some reason the XBOX has to detect that it has to controllers so it can play DVD's. "
When i heard those 2 things i almost went deaf.......... i almost slaped the sales man and told him to wake up and smell the coffe. I don't undestand where they go and get that information. I guess they wanna sell products but by saying that the 2 customers that wanted to get the XBOX didn't at all and they bought something else instead. :mad:
Have you guys ever hear stuff like that or other stupid things sales people say about our XBOX :confused:

Xpox
12-16-2001, 01:33 PM
I've worked in sales for awhile and some people will do just about anything to get a sale or to up their spiff.

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 02:03 PM
some kid came up to me the day i was buying my x-box and was like are you gonna buy that? i said yeah and he said that his super nintendo was better and i asked him how hes like better games and graffics so i was like oh do you mean gamecube (even though x-box is better then gamecube also) and hes like no its the old one and im like n64? and hes like no the other one and i just laughed and he ran off

Snoopy7548
12-16-2001, 07:41 PM
back in february, i went to babbages in my mall to buy a ps2 (because back then i didnt like the xbox), and i didnt see any ps2's and i asked the guy if he had any, and he said "dont buy ps2, wait for the xbox, it is going to be so much better" and he told me that you could take music from your cds and play them in games, and some other cool stuff, so then i decided to preorder an xbox. so i guess not everyone working in stores are ps2 fanboys

1337h4x
12-16-2001, 07:55 PM
Of course they lie to, went to a computer store and I asked him if this game would work, he goes do you have the 1st one? I was like umm no, he goes no it wont work, I was like I already have this game and it works fine without the 1st one, let me speak to tha manager, so I told the manager what happended and I got a game of my choice free, and the guy was in deep doo doo