PDA

View Full Version : OXM Sept Disc wont work

DocHoliday78
08-09-2003, 10:30 PM
What in the hell is wrong with this thing? I cant get it to work at all! Anybody have this problem or is it just my stupid box.

Shadow20002
08-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Yeah, sometime the OXM discs won't work at all. You should call them and like send them a meesage telling you disc is damage, they will send you back a new disc.

yeszir
08-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Or try that boiling thing that everyone is talking about.

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 12:30 AM
boiling? What in the blue hell would i boil?

canadianboi3
08-10-2003, 12:36 AM
You get yourself a pot of water, and then drop the disc in, and let it boil for a while.

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
You get yourself a pot of water, and then drop the disc in, and let it boil for a while.

That is the biggest pile of **** i have heard. There is no way that would work.

Ninja Scroll
08-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Join da club Doc, cause my joint aint work either! :mad:

Originally posted by yeszir
Or try that boiling thing that everyone is talking about.

Dat is a pile of B.S., I didnt go as far as boiling it, but I did run hot ass water over it and da garbage still aint work.

YO Doc, it's a myth yo! Anyone who tell's ya to boil a freakin CD is full of it. :rolleyes:

All ya gotta do it head over to www.officialxboxmagazine.com and request a new replacemnet disc.
Sad thing about dem is da disc takes 3-4 weeks! :rolleyes:

By dat time we will all already own ESPN2K4 & Soul Calibur2.

Dis aint da first time for me, it's like da 3rd or 4th!:cry:

Snoopy7548
08-10-2003, 10:56 AM
lol...running hot water over a disc and boiling it are two totally different things....

yeszir
08-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
lol...running hot water over a disc and boiling it are two totally different things....
Yeah, by about 130 degrees. I think the boiling thing actually does work.

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Is this a joke or something? I mean i was gonna throw the disc away anyway so i might as well try it. I have another disc coming in from OXM so i will give this boiling technique ashot.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 02:43 PM
I want to know why someone decided to boil their disk in the first place...I don't see why that would help hahaha... also is oxm any good or is it like a shameless promotion like nintendo power?

yeszir
08-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Is this a joke or something? I mean i was gonna throw the disc away anyway so i might as well try it. I have another disc coming in from OXM so i will give this boiling technique ashot.
How'd it go?

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 06:54 PM
OH F*CK IT WORKED!!!!

spectre187
08-10-2003, 07:11 PM
omg, LMFAO... this has to be some giant joke hahahahaaa...

Arven
08-10-2003, 09:45 PM
No guys, boiling really DOES work. Wait around, there will be a few others who will testify. I've boiled five or six of my OXM demo discs, and it's worked every time. The explanation is, the production process leaves some excess film on the disc (perhaps anti-scratch coating), and boiling removes it.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 09:55 PM
i was thinking something like that...except i figured the cd would be scratched and boiling would warp off the layers and the superficial scratches would be removed... i wonder who decided to boil a cd in the first place tho...lol

jabrre
08-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by spectre187
I want to know why someone decided to boil their disk in the first place...I don't see why that would help hahaha... also is oxm any good or is it like a shameless promotion like nintendo power?

Actually, OXM is pretty good. Its demo disc is even worth the price of admission, since it will have every month a Downloads section, where you can download from the CD such treasures as the Kola Cell level from Splinter Cell.

OXM is no wheres near the shameless promotion (or Nintendo Propaganda, as I always put it) that Nintendo Fan Boy Power provides. Granted, I do read the mag from time to time, but the material is sometimes so laughable. Afterall, how seriously can one take such material as love letters to Link or even "10 Reasons Why GameCube Is More Powerful Than the PS2 and the XBOX". :D

jabrre
08-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Here's a future suggestion to a future question:

Charles from XBOX Heaven, Illinois asks this special question:

"My XBOX has experienced DDE errors on weird situations when John Madden actually says something sensible in Madden 04. What can I do to fix this problem?"

Answer:

"Go Boil Your Playstation 2 and the GameCube. You'll feel better and so will your XBOX"

This, of course, is a joke. However, locking up the Playstation 2 and the GameCube in the closet would be a far better solution.

spectre187
08-11-2003, 12:11 AM
NOOOOOOOOO! boiling the other two systems will fix them and make them better! Just like the magazine disks!!!!!!!! LMFAO
I'm probably going to subscribe to the mag (oxm that is) the demo disks are what attracted me... =)

Arven
08-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Here's a thread from TXB, penned by a guy who thought boiling was a joke, then became a "convert" when he tried it:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211627