PDA

View Full Version : Fact about ghost recon island thunder !

Megaherz *RAGE*
08-09-2003, 11:55 PM
I bought this game this afternoon and i can say that it a waste of money, a really big waste of money.

Here the 10 facts :

1- The damn radar is still stupid as it was on the first one
2- The artificial intelligence has been increase again for the ennemies, but damn our teamamte is still dumb ( grenade, no one was moving until i move )
3- So, i try the cooperative because this is why i love the first one, but again it missed ( only eight is pretty short in cooperative compare to 16 )
4- Nothing new on x-box live gameplay mod
5- Menu are a way better
6- I pay all this cash for only download content ( took always too much time ) and scoreboard ( damn everyone is trying to use it at his own avantage like in RTCW )
7- The visual was the big fail of ghost recon 1, and this one is not a exception, ( no 480 pi and 2 dimension three and stuff, basic texture, etc .... )
8- I want some music when playing on live, custom soundtrack
9- Only a cheap price, but for a cheap game
10- Can shoot on tire and this is pretty good

Conclusion : The first one was a way better and more impressive, this one is a port with really old visual

At least the multiplayer is a god damn hell the second best one on x-box

No Fear 23
08-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Megaherz *RAGE*
I bought this game this afternoon and i can say that it a waste of money, a really big waste of money.

Here the 10 facts :

2- The artificial intelligence has been increase again for the ennemies, but damn our teamamte is still dumb ( grenade, no one was moving until i move )
3- So, i try the cooperative because this is why i love the first one, but again it missed ( only eight is pretty short in cooperative compare to 16 )
5- Menu are a way better
6- I pay all this cash for only download content ( took always too much time ) and scoreboard ( damn everyone is trying to use it at his own avantage like in RTCW )
7- The visual was the big fail of ghost recon 1, and this one is not a exception, ( no 480 pi and 2 dimension three and stuff, basic texture, etc .... )

Conclusion : The first one was a way better and more impressive, this one is a port with really old visual

ur facts sucks, its ur lame opinions.

theres no radar in GR. i think u are talking about the threat indicator. it lets u know where the enemys are and when the blue circle turns red, it measn enemy is nerby within 45 feet of you.

Ghost Recon Island Thunder is an expansion pack for ghost recon. its like Ghost Recon 1.5, which is basically the same as the origional one, but with new weapons, maps and missions.

if u want music, pop in a cd in ur boom box and crank the volume up and there, u have ur own custom soundtrack while playing.

there are improvements in the graphic department.

i dont care about my teamates when i play a mission. i like getting the kills and doing all the work. the enemy ai is smarter and accurate.

:rolleyes:

canadianboi3
08-10-2003, 12:22 AM
No Fear, thank you for saving me the time of typing. I think GR:IT is much better. The AI is smarter and more accurate in their shooting. In this one, I find myself having to play smarter than the first. Personally, I love GR:IT and I haven't even played it on Live yet, so much more fun is in the future:D.

CarGuy
08-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Who cares about the AI? I'm all about Live baby!:D The only thing i think they could add is something like a random terrain thing, where grass clumps and trees would randomly spawn. Once you get used to maps it's easy to pick off snipers when you know there isn't supposed to be a bush there. I also think the zoom when using an assault rifle WAY to large. Nobody can see that far without a scope.

XboxGamers
08-10-2003, 01:55 AM
if u want music, pop in a cd in ur boom box and crank the volume up and there, u have ur own custom soundtrack while playing.

LMAO!!!!

Island Thunder ROX! :D

LynxFX
08-10-2003, 02:11 AM

If you are going to state something as 'fact' you make sure they are just that. Most of the entire post was opinion, but this point is pure false, specifically the no 480p. Ghost Recon and Ghost Recon IT are both 480p, fact. I agree that there are some bad graphics in the game especially the explosions, but the overall gameplay makes up for that IMO.

Seawolf X
08-10-2003, 11:41 AM
MY OPINION is that island thunder is a waste of money. I rented it and just keep GR, there is no difference for it to be worth it.

No Fear 23
08-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
MY OPINION is that island thunder is a waste of money. I rented it and just keep GR, there is no difference for it to be worth it.

its the same thing, but with new weapons, missions and maps, so the gameplay is the same as the origional one. which is why its an expansion pack (aka downloadable contents for the origional GR)

MerimacHamwich
08-10-2003, 12:37 PM
So everything in Island Thunder can be downloaded via Downloadable content on Ghost Recon? And are they free-downloads. If that's the case, yeah, that's a huge rip-off.

Anyhow, I have been thinking about getting one of the two. Are they inter-active with eachother? Like say one person has Ghost Recon and the other has Island Thunder, if you play one of the levels both games have, can you play eachother over Live? If so, I will just get Island Thunder. If not, tell me which one the majority of poeple are sticking with. I want to get the one that I can play on Live and still have some competition.

No Fear 23
08-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
So everything in Island Thunder can be downloaded via Downloadable content on Ghost Recon? And are they free-downloads. If that's the case, yeah, that's a huge rip-off.

Anyhow, I have been thinking about getting one of the two. Are they inter-active with eachother? Like say one person has Ghost Recon and the other has Island Thunder, if you play one of the levels both games have, can you play eachother over Live? If so, I will just get Island Thunder. If not, tell me which one the majority of poeple are sticking with. I want to get the one that I can play on Live and still have some competition.

no merimac, u cannot download island thunder through live. im just setting an example of what island thunder is like. its just the same as the origional one, but with new maps and weapons and missions. i cant say which GR game i like the best, but i like both of them equally. Get island thunder bc alot of ppl are now playing that game instead of the origional one. and no, u dont have to have the origional ghost recon to play the island thunder. neway, playing online with this game is alota fun. its kinda like full spectrum warrior. to survive in the game, u gotta think like a soldier and be patient. no being patient results in getting killed alot and making ur team lose. jsut gotta play smart and u'll do good.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Well i loved GR,of course I live those type of games.I haven't played co-op yet or on live.But the game to me is great,and I will probably get the other one as well.

RadRider
08-10-2003, 09:11 PM
And in addition to Merimac's post, how many people can play on one Xbox at a time?
I know on Ghost Recon you could only have 2 for co-op. I don't know if there were more for any of the other modes. What is it for Island Thunder?

JJaX
08-10-2003, 09:21 PM

http://www.ileet.net/images/Assclown.jpg

Havent given out one of these awards in a while....

Radar? There is no Radar you ass. Im gonna stop there....

Reclaimer
08-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Just tell me this. in IT, does the the game stop for a second when you launch a rocket? I hate that in GR. That bugs me.
That and the game sometimes stutters when you have a lot of stuff happening, and you can't sight in with a sniper when that happens.

dances with broom sticks
08-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Just tell me this. in IT, does the the game stop for a second when you launch a rocket? I hate that in GR. That bugs me.
That and the game sometimes stutters when you have a lot of stuff happening, and you can't sight in with a sniper when that happens.

Yea, the same thing happens in IT. I feel sorta let down by the game... I think its really fun, but I see it as more of an expansion, and probably not worth 50 bucks. And I hate the beach level, I cant see anything in that level, I dont know if its just my tv or what, but the sun makes everything so hard to see, and my scope ends up the same colour as the sand

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Well,sometimes you just have to suffer through the boring things to get to the good parts.

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 11:35 PM

Here the 10 facts :

5- Menu are a way better

Hmmmm, maybe you should go see the diff. between facts and opinions. Besides isnt Island suppose to be an expansion off of GR?

Reclaimer
08-11-2003, 12:47 AM
The one last thing that bugs me about GR that I hope got fixed is this:
Every now and then, when I'm creeping along a building that you can go into, one of my guys who is covering my flank get's stuck with his gun inside the wall. This wouldn't be a big deal except that he's shooting one round a second at the people inside the building, and of course the bullets won't connect. This wouldn't be a problem but it's the fact that it draws attention to us to anyone that can hear that. It's like holding a sign up that say's "I'm right here!". Coincidentally, I flipped to my map while that was happening, and you could see all the red markers for people inside the building because my one guy was trying to engage them. Yeah, that's pretty cheap, and I didn't mean for that, and I don't want to capitalize on that. It's really bad when it's your sniper, and the shots are loud as hell. So much for being sneaky. So I can either advance and the afflected guy would eventually come too, or swap out to him, and force him along.
I hope that got fixed, seeing how the rocket/explosion thing didn't.

Casper
08-11-2003, 07:08 AM

Here the 10 facts :

1- The damn radar is still stupid as it was on the first one This is supposed to be more of a sim. In real life, you don’t get threat indicators.

2- The artificial intelligence has been increase again for the ennemies, but damn our teamamte is still dumb ( grenade, no one was moving until i move ) Try reading the book once in awhile to realize that you can control your other squad – Alpha or Bravo – and you can also control whether or not they are in Recon mode (stealth mode) or you can set them to approach at all costs with full out assault.

3- So, i try the cooperative because this is why i love the first one, but again it missed ( only eight is pretty short in cooperative compare to 16 )Don’t get picky with having 8. Hell, you can’t even control them right yet. How do you figure you can control 16?

4- Nothing new on x-box live gameplay mod[/color] Absolute BS. New graphics engine, scoreboard, new server options, walkie-talkie feature to show the team who is talking, in-game scores and 2 new game modes (Behemoth and Defend) make this game a must buy for those that were hooked to the first GR[.color]

5- Menu are a way better And your English is a way off. Why is this a problem? You put in all these ‘facts’ yet their opinions, but I guess this on was just a filler

6- I pay all this cash for only download content ( took always too much time ) and scoreboard ( damn everyone is trying to use it at his own avantage like in RTCW )What?!? Didn’t you just say there was nothing new on XBL? Guess you answered your own Q on 6. But still, there’s many new maps and weapons and a new graphics engine for it, you’re getting more than that for $40.

7- The visual was the big fail of ghost recon 1, and this one is not a exception, ( no 480 pi and 2 dimension three and stuff, basic texture, etc .... ) There is 480p unless you want to know what pi is to the 480th power, but I doubt you’re that quick to pick that up. It is a port from the old PC version, I’m a tad upset that they aren’t building a new one, but with RS coming out in the fall, this will hold me over just well. Oh, and with the new dynamic lighting that’s in there, I think the day levels rock, especially on the urban style maps like Polling Place.

8- I want some music when playing on live, custom soundtrack Like I said, it’s a sim. If you wanna be in warfare and listen to music, go watch Forrest Gump again, I heard that has a good soundtrack :rolleyes:

9- Only a cheap price, but for a cheap game Not even a fact, just a stupid opinion

10- Can shoot on tire and this is pretty goodCan’t write in English and this is pretty good

I think this is the best that's out on XBL, until Rainbow Six comes out. And I don't think the first one was better in ANY way - map still drawing while walking through the Airbase or Night Dock - this is a much better build even though it's from a 2 yr. old PC game

Casper
08-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Radrider - when playing IT on XBL - it's only one person per Xbox, sorry. I do believe that in co-op offline, it's 2 people per box though.

Reclaimer - there are no more wall glitches like there was in the first one. Alot of people complained about that and from what I've seen, their not as noticable as the first one. I've finished campaign already and I haven't seen that at all.

RudedogX
08-11-2003, 07:40 AM
Ya know Rage, I can't help but notice this disturbing trend with you. That is every XBox game that you get you think is total crap. If you think everything is such crap maybe you should sell your Xbox and get yourself a PS2. Honestly, I don't care if you hate this game. As has been said, if you are going to post something as fact, make sure it's fact and not opinion. Finally, as you have seen from the posts in here, there are numerous people who totally disagree with you about the quality of GR. Sure it may not be the absolute best graphics in the world, but the game is the best out there currently for Live gameplay.

Who knows, maybe you don't think it's that great because you keep getting your ass handed to you in Live, or you just can't find good competition...Either way, that doesn't seem to be anyone's fault but your own, you're just not looking hard enough for noobs or pros depending on your problem. My suggestion...SEARCH HARDER.

Delphar7
08-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Well all I must say I _was_ in mr Megaherz camp... (Megahertz?) and then I played it a few times.. got used to the fact, everyone Spawn camps once in awhile, you die really fast if your not carefull, and the recticle doesn't pop up friendlies fast enough... TOUGH. That's war.

I do regret not playing more of GR on live. I need the practice. :o

Yeah, GR:IT is fun as Aich-EE-Double Hockey Sticks! Even for someone who just loved the offline GR campaign mode. . . (and someone who loves non sim shooters like RtCW)

now can anyone tell me how I get this radar mega was talking about? :p

delphar 7

RudedogX
08-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Threat indicator on....that is if you are a noob and need to be directed towards the enemy!:rofl:

JJaX
08-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Delphar7
Well all I must say I _was_ in mr Megaherz camp... (Megahertz?) and then I played it a few times.. got used to the fact, everyone Spawn camps once in awhile, you die really fast if your not carefull, and the recticle doesn't pop up friendlies fast enough... TOUGH. That's war.

People spawn camp when you play infinite lives. To win that game type, you must rack up the most kills. How do we rack up kills class? Spaaawn Kiiiillll

GR was meant to be played with little to none respawns. Its a sim. Do you get respawns in real life? Didnt think so.

RudedogX
08-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

GR was meant to be played with little to none respawns. Its a sim. Do you get respawns in real life? Didnt think so.

Agreed! The tension level in the game gets upped 10 fold when you have no respawns! This is the true way the game is meant to played and enjoyed!:cheers:

JJaX
08-11-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Agreed! The tension level in the game gets upped 10 fold when you have no respawns! This is the true way the game is meant to played and enjoyed!:cheers:

Its when you get the most tactical and the most team work comes to play. I love every second of a high tension game :)

No Fear 23
08-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Its when you get the most tactical and the most team work comes to play. I love every second of a high tension game :)

i almsot broke my hand when i got killed by this dude that snuck up behind me. we were the last one left. i poped out an sensor, and on the map it shows that he is hiding behind the fenceup ahead of me, so i went to sneak up behind him and get the easy kill. but without checking the map again to make sure he was still there, he was already behind me and killed me. i got mad and start pouding the crap out of this little coffee table. i love high tension gameplay :cheers: