PDA

View Full Version : Xbox starting to slide

Rochey69r
08-10-2003, 03:22 AM
Hey all,

Some of you may know/remember me. I used to come on this site once a day when i was playing my xbox and awaiting thearrival of new games, but it seems now that the only game that i ever play is Halo. I was awaiting Brute Force, i mean who couldnt, this suposed 'Halo Killer' turned out to be a load of crap. IMO Brute force was one of the biggest let downs that has been released on xbox. If there is a game with more of a linear path than brute force then im yet to play it. lack of options made it crappy and cheap.

Im yet to play burnout 2, but im looking forward to it. but every other game i seem to play bores me to death in 5 mins.

C'mon halo 2 please be good. and C'mon all the new Hockey titles.

yourve got one bored aussie on ya hands MS.

:(

Discretion
08-10-2003, 03:58 AM
Well, if you still enjoy Halo, I am sure Halo 2 won't let you down. The same development team is obviously working on it. If they messed this up, Microsoft would be all over them I think. There are some games such as Midtown Madness 3, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, MotoGP 2, Wolfenstein, Soldier of Fortune II, and others. You might want to give these games a try when they launch by you if they all havn't yet. :)

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 04:35 AM
Play KOTOR. It doesnt matter what type of game you like this game has it all. Its a mos def checkout.

Nosferatu187
08-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Im just gonna say one thing... If you get Xbox Live your whole perspective will change on things... Xbox Live is awesome

smack_roscoe
08-10-2003, 10:28 AM
I dont understand? You cant find anything to play other than Halo? :huh: So IYO the xbox is slipping?

yeszir
08-10-2003, 10:44 AM
No matter how few good games you think there are now (but i disagree with you, there are many good games) this will all change over the course of the next year. I can think of around 10 amazing (im talking 9 plus on the review scale) games that are going to be coming out for xbox soon.

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 12:36 PM
It seems to me like you are only looking forward to games that receive an amazing amount of hype. Do some research. If you did you would realize there are more games out there then just Halo.

MerimacHamwich
08-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Well said Alboogy.

You guys have to remember though, he's from the great down under. Not all the games are released at the same time there as they are here.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Well I am really picky in choosing my game.I like Bethesda RPG's.So far I have Pirates of the Caribbean,and Morrowind,both I love.I liked Halo,Ghost Recon,and I like Games that take place in space and have huge Space battles like Earth and Beyond..ETC.And the new Empires game they are coming out with I will get.But,my point is out of hundreds of game for Xbox I seem to only like a few,and some haven't even come yet.

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Well said Alboogy.

You guys have to remember though, he's from the great down under. Not all the games are released at the same time there as they are here.

Thanx man. And I realize he is from Aust. and he doesnt have some games we have yet but there have been many threads like this. I must admit there was a time before Live came out where things were a bit bland but not anymore. You have no idea how many people tell me the same thing "xbox doesnt have any good games" blah blah blah. I just wish people would research there purchases a little more and games like Matrix wouldnt sell a million and Panzer Dragoon would.

MerimacHamwich
08-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Haha, its kinda funny you say that. I lean the other way on those two games. I hated Panzer Dragoon but I love Enter The Matrix.

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Haha, its kinda funny you say that. I lean the other way on those two games. I hated Panzer Dragoon but I love Enter The Matrix.
Enter the matrix is one of xbox top notch games IMO.

RadRider
08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
So the Xbox's lineup doesn't excite you, buy a PS2. But honestly, the lineups are pretty disappointing across all platforms lately. The only games I've been playing are Pirates of the Caribbean and Neverwinter Nights.
I dearly want Amped 2, but I'm afraid it's going to be to Tony-Hawkified for my taste.

The key thing is to not complain about it, just do something about it. If you don't like any games across any platforms, then give up on gaming!

Arven
08-10-2003, 09:41 PM
I guess if you don't have Live, and if some of these games haven't been released yet in Australia, you might be feeling a drought. I remember about four months ago, I felt that way myself, here in the states. Then I got Live, and RTCW, and now...lord, I don't have enough hours in the day. I think my wife would still recognize me if I emerged from the game room, but I'm not sure. I've been putting a buttload of hours into KOTOR (great RPG, averaging 95% across about 40 reviews), playing MM3 like an addict, and whining to myself that I can't find the time for new games that interest me, like MC2 and GRIT. And with about a dozen fantastic games coming over the next four months, there is no end in sight. Imo, the Xbox lineup absolutely kicks ass.

CarGuy
08-10-2003, 09:44 PM
For some reason i missed out on the hype for Brute Force. So when i played it i wasn't dissapointed... I thought it was fun.

Voodoo_Vince
08-10-2003, 09:53 PM
IMO threads like this must be done by people with 3 second attention spans so many good games for Xbox , for more games that require shorter attention spans get a PS2 , most of thier games you don't have to think at all , just run around in a third person perspective and hit the attack button ,

ARONO129
08-10-2003, 10:15 PM
To keep things interesting I trade my games once and a while. Just traded Knockout Kings 2002 and some $$ and got Rocky. Traded Amped and UFC Tapout 2 and got Nascar Thunder 2003.

Rotate your game libraries and keep things fresh.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Well I don't know about you guys but if you look at the games coming out it looks like there are some good games.

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 10:37 PM

LoL. You know whats funny? I looked at your sig and thought to myself maybe I shouldnt use Matrix as an example.

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:43 PM
HaHa,very funny.:huh:

jabrre
08-10-2003, 11:29 PM
I started late in the XBOX game, so my problem isnt whether there is enough XBOX games out there. The problem is making up for starting late. I have right now about 15 XBOX games and there is another 20 that are in my must buy list and another 10-15 which I plan to get in the holiday period (i.e.: Unreal 2, Matrix Revolutions....nah....just kidding about the last one :D).

Rochey69r
08-11-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
IMO threads like this must be done by people with 3 second attention spans so many good games for Xbox , for more games that require shorter attention spans get a PS2 , most of thier games you don't have to think at all , just run around in a third person perspective and hit the attack button ,

you wanker.

you have 21 posts. i have over 300 and have been ehre a hell of a lot longer than most of you.

and dont you think that if i had a 3 second attention span then i'd love a game like brute force?

halo is so good because of its huge levels and action packed gameplay. Theres nothin like jumping in a warthog and running dwn some covenant. I am simply saying that IMO the xbox is losing its touch lately. I find myself popping in a dvd or listning to music on it more than i am playing a game.

BCan
08-11-2003, 09:08 AM
As much as there are plenty of games out for the XBOX, we always have to wait so long for the games here in Australia. Still waiting for KotOR - that's not out until Aug 29, and then it's October for XBL. It is also a case that Sony is spending plenty here to try and not lose their market share, so the stores that used to have a large XBOX range no longer have them...

I can't wait for KotOR, amongst other things, but then it's been badly timed to coincide with the release week of LOTR: The Two Towers on DVD.

Sadly, we here in Australia are left out in many gaming things. No local servers for XBL, I believe we are going to be matched with the US. No local Galaxies server....
Nothings local, all we get is lag, we are not a big enough market, and too far away from everyone.....

Oh, and somehow Sony has appealed and won the case (so far) that Mod chips are illegal...

Rochey69r
08-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by BCan
As much as there are plenty of games out for the XBOX, we always have to wait so long for the games here in Australia. Still waiting for KotOR - that's not out until Aug 29, and then it's October for XBL. It is also a case that Sony is spending plenty here to try and not lose their market share, so the stores that used to have a large XBOX range no longer have them...

I can't wait for KotOR, amongst other things, but then it's been badly timed to coincide with the release week of LOTR: The Two Towers on DVD.

Sadly, we here in Australia are left out in many gaming things. No local servers for XBL, I believe we are going to be matched with the US. No local Galaxies server....
Nothings local, all we get is lag, we are not a big enough market, and too far away from everyone.....

Oh, and somehow Sony has appealed and won the case (so far) that Mod chips are illegal...

Well Said.

pickle
08-12-2003, 02:39 PM
I agree.

Xbox is just a Halo adaptor.

I started off with an xbox & a crappy computer, but since upgradig my PC I can safely say that the PC crushes the xbox for FPS's (which is all I want to play anyway).

Rochey69r
08-13-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by pickle
I agree.

Xbox is just a Halo adaptor.

I started off with an xbox & a crappy computer, but since upgradig my PC I can safely say that the PC crushes the xbox for FPS's (which is all I want to play anyway).

Well i hope you arnt agreeing with me. cause i believe that the xbox wins hands down for games full stop against pc.

Dont even start me on how much better a controller is than a shody keyboard and mouse.

and with xbox u dont have to keep upgrading graphic cards and memory etc etc.

and for the guy who asked what i emant by 'xbox is starting to slide' it means that on my priority list xbox is sliding down. in spare time i'd rather watch a dvd or watch some t.v.

LTM360
08-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
Hey all,

Some of you may know/remember me. I used to come on this site once a day when i was playing my xbox and awaiting thearrival of new games, but it seems now that the only game that i ever play is Halo. I was awaiting Brute Force, i mean who couldnt, this suposed 'Halo Killer' turned out to be a load of crap. IMO Brute force was one of the biggest let downs that has been released on xbox. If there is a game with more of a linear path than brute force then im yet to play it. lack of options made it crappy and cheap.

Im yet to play burnout 2, but im looking forward to it. but every other game i seem to play bores me to death in 5 mins.

C'mon halo 2 please be good. and C'mon all the new Hockey titles.

yourve got one bored aussie on ya hands MS.

:(

sounds to me like your hard to please... cause everygame I have entertains me for several days, and a few for months.

Senor Jordan
08-15-2003, 12:37 AM
-----

Urduhn
08-15-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Senor Jordan
what the ****?:huh: u only play halo? there are so many ****in good games on xbox. they might just seem like **** to you if u put them up to a ****in amazing game like halo but not all games are **** just cuz theyr not some halo killers. the crash mode in burnout 2 is the **** **** **** ****. do u have any live games, cuz rtcw is a ****in great game and so is fever, you should get fever 04 when that **** comes out. mm3 is a ****in sweet ass game too on live. the xbox is the **** man, you just havent found the right game. keep lookin
Well, I see that everyone has already enlightened you. So I'll just quote someone and go along with what they said. Especially when they have my name in their user name. :cheers:

mattgame
08-15-2003, 09:10 AM
You must be kidding me? There are games aplenty and the real deal is yet to come. The Xbox is the future. Look at what is going on with the competition. PS2 is trying real hard to develop this and that to expand their market, they will spread themselves to thin. tHE Gamecube is on borrowed time. They will focus solely on the kiddies soon. The Xbox meanwhile is developing games that are for the true gamer, and their online deal is second to none even though PS2 has outsold the Xbox about 6 to 1. You follow me? Stick with it, everyone still plays Halo.