PDA

View Full Version : new owner suggestions...

spectre187
08-10-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm going to be getting an xbox this week...these are the games I'm thinking about getting... any reason why I shouldn't get them or should get something else instead? judging from the titles you can tell what sort of games I like...I don't know too much about the xbox other than I'm getting one for backyard wrestling, lol...I've had consoles since atari 2600 on up...so I know about consoles and all...but the xbox struck a chord with me somewhere...prolly since it's like a computer and I've been mainly playing computer games for the past 4 years. lol anyway...advice or whatever you can tell me would help a lot... thanks guys:)

mortal kombat deadly alliance
metal gear 2: substance
timesplitters 2
ufc tapout 2
state of emergency
kung fu chaos knockout kings 2002

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by spectre187
I'm going to be getting an xbox this week...these are the games I'm thinking about getting... any reason why I shouldn't get them or should get something else instead? judging from the titles you can tell what sort of games I like...I don't know too much about the xbox other than I'm getting one for backyard wrestling, lol...I've had consoles since atari 2600 on up...so I know about consoles and all...but the xbox struck a chord with me somewhere...prolly since it's like a computer and I've been mainly playing computer games for the past 4 years. lol anyway...advice or whatever you can tell me would help a lot... thanks guys:)

mortal kombat deadly alliance
metal gear 2: substance
timesplitters 2
ufc tapout 2
state of emergency
kung fu chaos knockout kings 2002

Knock Kings 2002????????

Everyone is going to tell you to get Halo, so lets get that out of the way. MG2S is a good pick up. MKDA is a decent fighter although I like DOA3 better. My only objection is soe (but it IS only 20 bucks so its not that bad) and its a mixed bag with Kung Fu Chaos.

My fave xbox games:

Star Wars: KOTOR
Halo
Shenmue 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (if you are going to get xbox live)
Panzer Dragoon Orta

spectre187
08-10-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm getting used games because it's cheaper...
halo is an overhyped game, i've played it on my friends...nothing special
and i'm getting mk:da free with the used xbox
i figured soe won't have much replay value, but I can't resist a riot...haha

spectre187
08-10-2003, 02:40 PM
I was thinking about shenmue 2... tell me more LOL
and I never liked the new wolfenstein on computer...it ruined the game and feel completely...had nothing to do with the old wolfenstein games except in name...and I've got a computer for first person shooters...I'm getting timesplitters tho cuz i've heard good things about it being similar to perfect dark...
thanks for the help :) that wasfast, lol

yeszir
08-10-2003, 03:24 PM
once you own and play halo you wont say its overhyped. Definitely get it, no matter what you think. Definitely get live as well, it makes a lot of games that much more enjoyable. My favorite live game is return to castle wolfenstein, so definitely pick that up. Mvp baseball 2003 is the best baseball game out there if you are interested.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 03:28 PM
I have wolfenstein on computer already so theres no need to get a lesser quality version on xbox...and like i said...halo is over-rated... thats just my opinion tho...and i can still play all xbox live games free online through gamespy..even system link games...no need to pay for xbox live when i'm already paying for the internet too...i should have mentioned not to mention halo, hahahaha... oh well... thanks for the advice...i might rent it just to try it out again...i dunno

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Seems to me like you picked the wrong system. You dont like Halo and youre not going to get Xbox Live. I smell TROLL!

yeszir
08-10-2003, 03:43 PM
yeah, it does seem like you dont like xbox at all. Plus xbox live 2.0 will give you so many more reasons to buy xbl. The stats and friends and organization now are reason enough to pay 50 bucks a year for it. It really is worth every penny and more.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 03:49 PM
"i smell TROLL" ??? wtf does that mean...
and obviously I like xbox if I'm going to buy one... LOL
I just don't see why i should pay to play the games online when I don't have to...
I like xbox but I don't like first person games on xbox since they are better on a pc...so sue me? lol

Conchord
08-10-2003, 03:54 PM
if you have Xbox LIVE! list:

Ghost Recon
RTCW
MechAssualt
Halo
Splinter Cell
Midnight Club II or Burnout 2
Pulse Racer ( I believe it got a 1.0 in OXM )
I haven't played MKDA, but I own Tao Feng, so which ever you prefer

no LIVE! list:

Halo
splinter Cell
Midnight Club II or Burnout 2
either fighting game
NCAA Football 2004
Pulse Racer ( I don't think you can handle it... )
Star Wars: Knights
Morrowind and Hunter the Reckoning ( both 19.99 @ EB Games )

Conchord
08-10-2003, 03:59 PM
"i smell TROLL" ??? wtf does that mean...
and obviously I like xbox if I'm going to buy one... LOL
I just don't see why i should pay to play the games online when I don't have to...
I like xbox but I don't like first person games on xbox since they are better on a pc...so sue me? lol

PC games are always better...no doubt there...anyone who says so differently is just a Halo fanboy ( Halo is coming out for PC with full multiplayer functions, new weapons-flamethrower, plasma launcher-and vehicles-banshee in multiplay, rocket launching Warthog-and new multiplay maps ), or they think that xbox is better because it is MADE for gaming. Anyone ever heard of a video card? Because i think that's for PC gaming, and they sure make a lot of them. PC will always be the best video game platform, and Xbox will always be the best console.

RTCW is so much better on PC, as is Ghost Recon. The xbox graphics on GR are terrible.

Also, Halo was supposed to be a PC release, but it got press-ganged into release on the xbox.

Half-Life 2 was supposed to be PC only, but looks like xbox crybabies get their way.

Doom III...another PC only title...hmm, now on xbox. Funny how this works, aint it?

bluefire712
08-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by xbocks

PC games are always better...no doubt there...anyone who says so differently is just a Halo fanboy ( Halo is coming out for PC with full multiplayer functions, new weapons-flamethrower, plasma launcher-and vehicles-banshee in multiplay, rocket launching Warthog-and new multiplay maps ), or they think that xbox is better because it is MADE for gaming. Anyone ever heard of a video card? Because i think that's for PC gaming, and they sure make a lot of them. PC will always be the best video game platform, and Xbox will always be the best console.

RTCW is so much better on PC, as is Ghost Recon. The xbox graphics on GR are terrible.

Also, Halo was supposed to be a PC release, but it got press-ganged into release on the xbox.

Half-Life 2 was supposed to be PC only, but looks like xbox crybabies get their way.

Doom III...another PC only title...hmm, now on xbox. Funny how this works, aint it?

Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version. It could turn out to be a poor port seeing as Bungie isn't developing or even overseeing it's work. The vast majority of PCs aren't optimized for gaming, that's why the Xbox is superior. Video cards alone won't make your experience better. The top of the line cards will put your back $300-400 and upgrade constantly. Then you have to take in the price of RAM, CPU, motherboard, OS, and other upgrades and you end up spending a fortune. You could just not upgrade, but then you'll have difficulty running the latest grades on good graphic settings.

You make it seem like the Xbox community somehow "begged" their way into getting third-party developers which is simply not true. Developers turn to Xbox because it is a stable, fast platform and has the architecture closest to the PC. I don't see why your bothering to b!tch about how we're getting a lot of (what look to be) great games.

IMO, the new weapons/vehicles/options in mutliplayer will just make it unbalanced. Microsoft is only developing the first Halo to PC to gain a much larger consumer base, because Halo 2 will be a Xbox exclusive.

Wolfenstein is better on the Xbox. The PC version lacks our good DLC maps, graphics (unless you have an insane system), easy online gameplay, better FPS, and no cheats/glitches. It is also much more enjoyable on a controller and sitting on a couch. The only important thing Xbox lacks is the Tram multiplayer map which I enjoy a lot.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 04:42 PM
doom 3 will be better on pc i guarantee as will all first person games...
here is my computer specs and it is by far not the super gamers setup by todays top of the line standards...
btw- all rtcw is, is quake 3 at its core... if you can't get that to look good you have ****ty pc...

1.4ghz intel processor
512mb rd ram (rd is fast as ****)
ati radeon 9000 pro 32mb

thats pretty much what does it for gaming...
now they have over 2 ghz processors and a 4ghz is out or comming out soon if i remember correctly...

first person games will always be better on a pc... (gaming pc that is... not some crappy ass office pc)

so for the hardcore pc gaming community (where i come from) an xbox brings nothing to the table except for fighting games and the occasional unique game...hence the reason why my list is filled with ufc, boxing, and fighting games for the most part...

btw- how is tao feng...i was thinking about getting it but then i decided to get mk:da since it comes with the system i'm going to get...i like american fighting games so much better than the foreign ones like soul calibur (blah)... they are less cartoonish and brutal...

"Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version" That is probably true figuring it was dumbed down for the xbox release...
oh and woflenstein on pc has a massive amount of downloadable maps mods ect... something that wont be able to be done with a measly 8gb hard drive... try a 120gb, now thats a real gamers hd there...massive maps and mods...

don't get me wrong...xbox is good for fighters and original games that won't make it to pc... but xbox is bad for ports...such as every first person shooter taken off the pc and brought to xbox... ie- halo (yes it was a port even tho it wasnt released for pc...it was bogarted by microsoft to be xbox only)

yes pc stuff costs more...but you get more out of it... look at the xbox specs and look at a top of tyhe line pc and look at price difference... sure you can upgrade and upgrade and not stay top of the line because of cost like you said... but what is xbox... a dumbed down pc... WITHOUT TOP OF THE LINE PARTS...not that it's bad... but pc's are better performace wise...

and u are right about xbox third party developers...devs go where the money is...if there is an audiance for something it will be made... so i agree with ya there...

my main point is that an xbox is good for non-pc style games...understand it's limitations and don't claim it to be better than a pc...compare a top end pc running return to wolf to an xbox running return to wolf... you'll see what i'm talking about and rtcw is seriously lacking downloadable content on x compared to the pc... and its not even that great of a game compared to battlefield 1942... xbox is good like a dodge viper and a pc is good like an f1 racer... they are both good within their own elements...

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 04:59 PM

so for the hardcore pc gaming community (where i come from) an xbox brings nothing to the table except for fighting games and the occasional unique game...hence the reason why my list is filled with ufc, boxing, and fighting games for the most part...

"Halo for PC will be pushed back and won't have anywhere near the quality of the Xbox version" That is probably true figuring it was dumbed down for the xbox release...
oh and woflenstein on pc has a massive amount of downloadable maps mods ect... something that wont be able to be done with a measly 8gb hard drive... try a 120gb, now thats a real gamers hd there...massive maps and mods...

don't get me wrong...xbox is good for fighters and original games that won't make it to pc... but xbox is bad for ports...such as every first person shooter taken off the pc and brought to xbox... ie- halo (yes it was a port even tho it wasnt released for pc...it was bogarted by microsoft to be xbox only)

my main point is that an xbox is good for non-pc style games...understand it's limitations and don't claim it to be better than a pc...compare a top end pc running return to wolf to an xbox running return to wolf... you'll see what i'm talking about and rtcw is seriously lacking downloadable content on x compared to the pc... and its not even that great of a game compared to battlefield 1942... xbox is good like a dodge viper and a pc is good like an f1 racer... they are both good within their own elements...

LoL. Just upgrade your pc. Xbox is good for fighters? Sorry to tell you but ps2 is better for fighters. And you say Xbox is good for original games. Ok... lets review the games you are thinking of getting.
MK:DA- Multi console
Mgs2:Substance- Multi console- ps2 port
Timesplitters 2- Multi Console
UFC tapout 2- Basically the same game as the DC version
State of Emergency- What do you know, ps2 port
Knockout Kings 2002- A 2 year old game, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND PS2 PORT!!
which brings us to the only game you mention that is xbox only. Kung Fu Chaos- Like I said before, mixed bag. There are other exclusive games better then this.

So, I ask again. Why are you getting an Xbox? You claim the Xbox has great fighters and original games yet none of the games you mention display these things.BTW, PC gaming is not that much better why? Because of voice communication. Dont give me that crap that pc games have voice communication. I give it to pc for mouse and keyboard and the amount of games. But voice comm. is huge.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 05:59 PM
"Dont give me that crap that pc games have voice communication."
so you don't want to face facts... good job...ignore facts to support your own agenda...just like a politician...

mk is multiconsole but it looks better on xbox
substance is mutliconsole and a port... but if im getting an xbox why not get it...or should i buy a ps2 for that lol
timesplitters 2 is one of the few fps not on pc
tapout isnt the same as the dreamcast version, lol... i used to have a dreamcast but not anymore... i love mma as I myself am involved with the real thing
state of emergency is a ps2 port with multiplayer
ko kings again looks better on xbox...
games might be on ps2 but are always better on xbox...

and i didn't claim the xbox has great fighters i said it has good fighters...compared to the pc...and it does have good original titles... but the end result is that the ports have extra content and look a little better...bash xbox all you want i don't care... it's going under anyway, even tho i think its a hell of a lot better than ps2...

and i'm mainly getting an xbox to play backyard wrestling... since the xbox version will be better...
and so i can install a 120gb hard drive, rent and copy games to it... lol... gotta love the advantages of hard drives hahaha...installing a faster dvd drive might be nice too 5speedis slow... lol
anyway im basically getting it for the better graphics of any console system and the piracy factor... plus i can always run a psone emu on it in the near future...but its so easy to mod these things since it's so like a pc its probably why software sales are so weak compared to other systems... but hey... i don't have to justify anything as it is my money... lol...go bash xbox some more... you enjoy doing that...haha

spectre187
08-10-2003, 05:59 PM
oh yea... way to quote reviews with "mixed bag" sheep...lol

bluefire712
08-10-2003, 07:01 PM
doom 3 will be better on pc i guarantee as will all first person games...

Right... Seeing as you've played Doom 3 and all, you'd know? :watchout: Lie #1.

all rtcw is, is quake 3 at its core... if you can't get that to look good you have ****ty pc...

It was built off of the Quake 3 engine, but that's about the only similarity. RtCW takes place during WWII. Quake 3 is a fast-paced futuristic shooter with modular levels. Lie #2.

first person games will always be better on a pc... (gaming pc that is... not some crappy ass office pc)

Complete opinion.

My friend and I have switched to the Xbox from PC and I think we were pretty hardcore about it. The Xbox brings nothing? Well yeah if you remove Halo 2, Fable, B.C., PGR, Xbox Live, XSN, and all of the Xbox exclusive games. Also the comfort of sitting on a couch playing in wide-screen/HD bliss. Lie #3.

Halo was never truly orginally created for PC or Mac. The storyboard was drawn, the plot was there, and they had the ideas, but they never really began hard-coding it for PC/Mac. So, if it was never completed how could have it been dumber down exactly? Lie #4.

Wolfenstein on PC has tons of mods and maps? What planet are you from? I was an active player of the game until the Xbox version came out. But there as only a single mod in development (WWII) and one released (the Wild West multiplayer mod). The only map I can remember off the top my head that's played on RtCW is Tram and even that isn't very popular. What are these "massive" maps you speak of? Their of very similar, if not exact, proportion on Xbox. Lie #5.

You've contraticted yourself. Halo is coming out for the PC. And like I already stated it the coding part of production never got anywhere, so the coding/design used was really meant for Xbox. Contradtion #1.

yes pc stuff costs more...but you get more out of it... look at the xbox specs and look at a top of tyhe line pc and look at price difference... sure you can upgrade and upgrade and not stay top of the line because of cost like you said... but what is xbox... a dumbed down pc... WITHOUT TOP OF THE LINE PARTS...not that it's bad... but pc's are better performace wise...

Without top-of-the line parts? What exactly do people buy for their PC? Oh yeah a Windows OS, Intel CPU, and a nVidia graphics card. Oh wait all those things are in a Xbox!!! Lie #6. Also, all Xbox's are optimized for gaming performance. PC's are meant for a very wide spectrum of applications/uses, so their specs alone aren't easily comparable. Lie #7

The reason you can get "top-of-the-line" graphics you can get on PC is because of graphics settings. The developers chose to decrease loading times, increase FPS, and chose slightly less RAM-dependent textures/polygon-count. Of course you can chose to kill the FPS and increase loading times siginificantly if you want to on the PC. Developers figure the game will be able to run smoothly in the future on the PC. But since the Xbox's hardware isn't legally upgradeable adding graphics options would be useless. The Xbox version of RtCW and PC version are near identical in terms of the campaign (ours is larger), and multiplayer gameplay/maps. IMO, BF1942 is terrible. I won't even go there.

TOTALS:
7 Lies
1 Complete Contradiction
And a lot of opinion and very little fact

Good day all!

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 07:17 PM
just buy the xbox and soon you to will use your computer for porn and emails. trust us we've been there done that.

greggp666
08-10-2003, 07:24 PM
^^^^^ hahahahahahaha that was great.

AmpedRider
08-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Sounds to me like you need to stick with your computer and keep receiving those porn emails

spectre187
08-10-2003, 07:34 PM
i'll reply toeach of ur blows in number...

1. I have played doom 3... the alpha leak...and xbox won't be able to handle the visuals of that...let alone the full game if any improvement takes place, and i'm sure it will since the alpha leak is pretty old now...don't assume things until you've played it yourself...

2. I'm talking about the engine and sys reqs... not comparing the theme of the two

3. no it is fact...1600X1200 resolution not to mention better effects...no console can achieve that on state of the art games period...

4. those games are all crap and their sports label is a joke...not to mention pc's can be hooked up to the same display setup as an xbox lol... learn about different graphics card capabilities...

5. halo was intended to be a pc release... as we all know pc gaming hardware is more advanced than the xbox hardware therefore it doesn't look as good on xbox... not to mention there would be more downloadable content for it if it was on pc from user created maps, and 1600X1200 resolution which the xbox can not attain...and the quote you mentioned that i said was a quote from someone else...learn to read when i put quotes on things replying to someone elses post...illiterate moron...

6. go to various wolfenstein map sites... you'll see there are more than the xbox has...plus rtcw isn't a great game by far...built on an outdated engine...

7. yes i know halo is comming out for pc and it will look better than the xbox version even if they do a straight port because of the resolution factor... oh and again proving my theory of your illiteracy... learn to spell... "contraticted & contradtion" and halo is not a fighting game or an original game... so I dunno why you mentioned that under my quote about fighters and original games...I'm not sure you've thought this through...

8. not everyone uses windows (which is awful for gaming) not everyone has an intel chipset and not everyone uses nvidia as ati produces better cards...also most "pc gamers" are smart enough to understand there are differences in hardware besides brand... nvidia for example since you mentioned them... has a number of cards out... obviously they aren't all the same, lol...and we have our computers configured for maximum gaming performance ect...
the reason why developers try to decrease loading time, increase fps, and anything else like that is because the hardware is inferior to a gaming computers...so they are limited to a certain graphical detail because of obsolete hardware...i can run games at max res and detail...something xbox wouldn't be able to handle...they dumb games down to run smooth because the hardware isn't very good...better graphics on a pc because of graphics settings...true... because xbox games are set for the max that the xbox can handle... which is less than a gaming pc...lol

total= 8 of your posts disproved...
don't speak out of your ass...obviosly you don't know about pc gaming because you thing everyone uses windows, and intel chipset, and an nvidia card for gaming...you have a lot to learn my ignorant friend...come back to the debate when you are informed and have done some research...
Thank you for my time,
SpEcTrE

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Listen my friend this is an xbox community xbox works for us and we all here are happy especially playing XBOX LIVE. do you think for one moment everyone here has never played with a top notch pc? i know i have but still i love my xbox and everything it has to offer. just wait, xbox2 and three will replace the gaming pc, Why? because console gaming is a 9 billion dollar a year industry and Gates and his little elves see this and is why Halo is an xbox exclusive for almost 2 years... get the picture smart ass?

spectre187
08-10-2003, 07:55 PM
im not being a smart ass...you dumb f ucking idiot...don't start with the name calling a sshole...
all i'm saying is that pcs will always provide greater performace compared to the xbox...
sorry if you can't face that fact...
read my previous post that explains it all and destroys mr. arrogant a ssholes comments...

spectre187
08-10-2003, 07:57 PM
in no way am i bashing xbox... its the best console out there now and if i didn't think it was i wouldn't be purchasing one tomorrow...
the xbox is good for what it is...just don't make it into something it isn't

bluefire712
08-10-2003, 08:04 PM

1. I have played doom 3... the alpha leak...and xbox won't be able to handle the visuals of that...let alone the full game if any improvement takes place, and i'm sure it will since the alpha leak is pretty old now...don't assume things until you've played it yourself...

Downloading some half-baked leak from KaZaA isn't considered "official."

2. I'm talking about the engine and sys reqs... not comparing the theme of the two

???

i
3. no it is fact...1600X1200 resolution not to mention better effects...no console can achieve that on state of the art games period...

How many PC games are able to run 1600x1200 with 60 FPS with current hardware? That's what I thought.

4. those games are all crap and their sports label is a joke...not to mention pc's can be hooked up to the same display setup as an xbox lol... learn about different graphics card capabilities...

Obviously you have a pathetic taste of games. Anyone could pick a good game out of the one's I listed. WRONG! It could be hooked up to the monitor. You'd still be running off of the Xbox hardware.

5. halo was intended to be a pc release... as we all know pc gaming hardware is more advanced than the xbox hardware therefore it doesn't look as good on xbox... not to mention there would be more downloadable content for it if it was on pc from user created maps, and 1600X1200 resolution which the xbox can not attain...and the quote you mentioned that i said was a quote from someone else...learn to read when i put quotes on things replying to someone elses post...illiterate moron...

User-created maps suck. They're by far the worst created. A few team-based can occasionally pull off something decent, rarely. As for the rest of your post, WTF are you talking about?

6. go to various wolfenstein map sites... you'll see there are more than the xbox has...plus rtcw isn't a great game by far...built on an outdated engine...

All opinion. Pop in your wolfenstein CD and look at the server lists. You'd be very hard-pressed to find a user-created map on more than 1 server at any given time.

7. yes i know halo is comming out for pc and it will look better than the xbox version even if they do a straight port because of the resolution factor... oh and again proving my theory of your illiteracy... learn to spell... "contraticted & contradtion" and halo is not a fighting game or an original game... so I dunno why you mentioned that under my quote about fighters and original games...I'm not sure you've thought this through...

All throughout your posts you haven't used proper English spelling, grammar, or punctuation. Don't even bug me about a spelling mistake here or there. Or else you've contradicted yourself again.

i
8. not everyone uses windows (which is awful for gaming) not everyone has an intel chipset and not everyone uses nvidia as ati produces better cards...also most "pc gamers" are smart enough to understand there are differences in hardware besides brand... nvidia for example since you mentioned them... has a number of cards out... obviously they aren't all the same, lol...and we have our computers configured for maximum gaming performance ect...
the reason why developers try to decrease loading time, increase fps, and anything else like that is because the hardware is inferior to a gaming computers...so they are limited to a certain graphical detail because of obsolete hardware...i can run games at max res and detail...something xbox wouldn't be able to handle...they dumb games down to run smooth because the hardware isn't very good...better graphics on a pc because of graphics settings...true... because xbox games are set for the max that the xbox can handle... which is less than a gaming pc...lol

Not everyone uses Windows? Alright, just 95%+ of all hardcore gamers. nVidia vs. ATI, it doesn't matter, pick and chose they're about the same. We all have our computers for maximum gaming performance? Oh right, Dell/Gateway do extensive gaming testing on their mainstream PC's. Running all your next-gen games with highest graphics, max. FPS, and good loading screen times? B.S. anyone can tell you that.

I've just corrected all your incorrect statements. Don't even bother again, seeing as most people are agreeing with the person who can write understandable English (me) anyhow.

bluefire712
08-10-2003, 08:06 PM
destroys mr. arrogant a ssholes comments...

I don't think so. Did you mean to call me "Mr. Smart"? Thanks. :)

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 08:08 PM
yes the pc is more powerful then xbox but the next generations will be almost comparable,after-all the xbox in a lot of ways is a pc. in-fact if we all had money to burn the xbox components would most likey annihilate the pc for the fact that more people play console games and is more profitable for developers. but unfortunately we cant spend 2,000.00 for a console. but i'm sure that ATI will do justice for the next incarnation, XBOX NEXT. read and weep sister.

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 08:16 PM
im not being a smart ass...you dumb f ucking idiot...don't start with the name calling a sshole...
all i'm saying is that pcs will always provide greater performace compared to the xbox...
sorry if you can't face that fact...
read my previous post that explains it all and destroys mr. arrogant a ssholes comments...
All i did was call you a smart ass and this is how you react? stick around we migth have use for you. Muhahahahhaha

spectre187
08-10-2003, 08:20 PM
the bottom line is that you refuse to admit that a real gaming pc not that dell crap you mentioned (i built mine myself) will give you better graphics and performace than an xbox built on inferior hardware...again the xbox is good but you must understand what it is...

spectre187
08-10-2003, 08:22 PM
yea...thats how i react...if someone i didn't know on the street called me a smart ass i'd bury that muther****er... but obviously since this is the internet it can't be taken serious so I just gave you a string of idiotical nonsense in return

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Have a beer or something and give your keyboard a break you're wound up a little to tigth. trust us you'll love your xbox.

spectre187
08-10-2003, 08:55 PM
yes i know this! lol I'm with you guys! hahaha... all I'm saying is that an xbox is less powerful than a top of the line gaming pc! After I said that everyone went crazy! lol

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 10:34 PM
yes i know this! lol I'm with you guys! hahaha... all I'm saying is that an xbox is less powerful than a top of the line gaming pc! After I said that everyone went crazy! lol

LoL, no, your entire thread has been based on contradictions. Listen n00b, if you want to be welcomed here you need to chill with the backlash. You have done nothing but talk pc gaming here and everyone basically agrees. STICK WITH YOUR PC. BTW, I can face it that pc has voice communication but it has NEVER been done correctly. Voice masking was always a joke and MS seems to be the first one that did it right.

Me? Bash Xbox? LoL. I was merely pointing out all the contradictions in your choices and reasons for buying xbox. Lets not forget to mention you lost all credibility when you said you played the doom 3 leak. LMAO.... In closing...

http://www.home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/137/137015/folders/86150/609282chineseguys.jpg

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:46 PM
That grose!:cuss:

spectre187
08-10-2003, 10:56 PM
couple things wrong with your post...

1. what straight man would feel insecure enough to imply someone on the internet they don't even know is trying to be ***...grow up... you're probably some loser ass 15 year old with no life...

2. You called me a n00b... again this reinforces that you are a sad individual trying to fit into mainstream internet culture...

3. How does having the doom 3 leak destroy my credibility? If you don't believe I've played it, I've got it chillin next to me on a cd if you don't believe me and you want it get on a messenger thing and i'll send it to ya...

4. I'm the type to argue forever...so i think we should say screw this thread...agree to both like xbox for our own reasons and just leave it at that... what ya think?

spectre187
08-10-2003, 10:57 PM
and i typed g a y for where it censored it... i didn't know that is such a horribly offending word that it must be censored LMFAO

yeszir
08-10-2003, 10:59 PM
and i typed g a y for where it censored it... i didn't know that is such a horribly offending word that it must be censored LMFAO
It most certainly is when used in the context you were using it in. It's censored because unfortunately a lot of people use it in a derogatory way. Im not g;ay, it just bothers me when people use it like that.

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 11:16 PM
couple things wrong with your post...

1. what straight man would feel insecure enough to imply someone on the internet they don't even know is trying to be ***...grow up... you're probably some loser ass 15 year old with no life...

2. You called me a n00b... again this reinforces that you are a sad individual trying to fit into mainstream internet culture...

3. How does having the doom 3 leak destroy my credibility? If you don't believe I've played it, I've got it chillin next to me on a cd if you don't believe me and you want it get on a messenger thing and i'll send it to ya...

4. I'm the type to argue forever...so i think we should say screw this thread...agree to both like xbox for our own reasons and just leave it at that... what ya think?

Be as sarcastic as you want. Its funny how you tell me to "grow up" because I dont even know you and posting that pic (which just because it says g a y doesnt mean I am referring to your sexual preference.) Yet, you dont know me and say "you're probably some loser ass 15 year old with no life..." and "you are a sad individual trying to fit into mainstream internet culture". Seems to me like you have a hard time letting things go. Perhaps you are the one that needs to grow up.

As far as the Doom 3 leak is concerned.I just find it amusing that you actually believe that the leak is to be taken seriously. Play something actually released from the company to get a true idea of what the game is like.

Im not here to argue with you. I just read your thread and I honestly dont believe you should be buying an xbox (and when others read, they thought the same thing). The two main draws to XBox are Live and Halo. Yet you feel the PC is better for both. I say upgrade your pc every year and dont bother console gaming. I realize you are going to come back with some sarcastic remark, and thats fine. I began trying to give you advice and it turned into something else. Since I am NOT a "15 year old loser" I will just leave this thread, enjoy your xbox??? lol

spectre187
08-11-2003, 12:06 AM
there are other uses for an xbox besides halo...it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread... haha

Conchord
08-11-2003, 03:16 PM
i'll reply toeach of ur blows in number...

total= 8 of your posts disproved...
don't speak out of your ass...obviosly you don't know about pc gaming because you thing everyone uses windows, and intel chipset, and an nvidia card for gaming...you have a lot to learn my ignorant friend...come back to the debate when you are informed and have done some research...
Thank you for my time,
SpEcTrE

what are you doing saturday night? :) great points.

No one believes me that Halo was supposed to come out on PC first...and anyone who says xbox is superior to a gaming PC should have a brain tumor thats already eaten half of their brain tissue. Has anyone seen Doom III in action? A PS2 would implode upon even sensing the disc near it, and the xbox would skip with crappy framerates and ultimately reject it. Until some graphics cards come out for xbox (dont worry Bill Gates will get more money off of you one way or another), i dont think it will handle it without toning the game down to embarrassing proportions.

As for Halo 2...not really that much more than Halo...same basic build, a little graphical upgrade (and DONT tell me i dont know what Im talking about because ive watched the E3 demo movie about 30 times), and more enemies, aircraft, weapons and gameplay options. And multiplay. But besides that, nothing new. Bungie even said that the core of the gameplay remained unchanged i.e. no gore, same tactics, and same combat. Not that thats a bad thing, but i hope there are a lot more levels than in halo and a lot more multiplay levels with vehicle support. And more big battles.

Conchord
08-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
but i'm sure that ATI will do justis for the next incarnation, XBOX NEXT. read and weep sister.

I think its 'justice.'

greggp666
08-11-2003, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xbocks
[B]
this is about DOOM 3

and the xbox would skip with crappy framerates and ultimately reject it. Until some graphics cards come out for xbox (dont worry Bill Gates will get more money off of you one way or another), i dont think it will handle it without toning the game down to embarrassing proportions.

well you cant say crap untill its out for the xbox. there is not goingto be any graphic card upgrades for the Xbox.so kid i think you should shut your mouth and go to some other place and talk crap.

and for all this talk of this cant run and this will not work well i dont fell like upgrading my PC every month for a Game!!!!!!!!!!!! i have xbox so i dont have to do all the crap.and you know what im happy and i have a lot more $$$$$$$ in my pocket because of it. $300 for this $$400 for that and so on all for what? a game please son some of us like other things then blowing money on a computer. i have a race car im working on and dates and rent and so on. rant rant rant . sorry

FuNkY mOnK
08-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by xbocks

I think its 'justice.'

Conchord
08-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

;)

Conchord
08-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by greggp666
well you cant say crap untill its out for the xbox. there is not goingto be any graphic card upgrades for the Xbox.so kid i think you should shut your mouth and go to some other place and talk crap.

Actually, I can say crap. And before you decide to call me 'kid' again, I suggest you actually watch the PC test version. I'm sure the Doom III for PC will have minimum system reqs of at LEAST 512 RAM...and its probably more. Now I'm not 100% sure what kind of hardware xbox is running, but if a gaming PC needs to be upgraded for the game, then the xbox version will probably be missing something.

And don't forget, KID, that Doom III ( like Halo, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex 2, and [for an example of PC-Xbox conversions] Ghost Recon, which looks 10x worse on the Xbox than on PC. So before YOU start acting like you know what the hell you're talking about, KID, remember this-without PC gaming, xbox would be nothing. And don't think I'm bashing xbox because I also have one because I was tired of upgrading video components.

--peace

spectre187
08-11-2003, 08:59 PM
FINALLY! some people who make sense! Thanks for getting my point across a little better... hopefully people will understand...
and in response to what i'm doing saturday night, it would usually be getting wasted with my friends since we're all alchoholics, LFMAO... but this saturday isn't any ordinary saturday...I'm going to see twiztid... wooooo hoooooo lol

greggp666
08-11-2003, 11:01 PM
FINALLY! ...
and in response to what i'm doing saturday night, it would usually be getting wasted with my friends since we're all alchoholics, LFMAO...

i bet your mom and dad are so happy for you KID

spectre187
08-12-2003, 12:21 AM
oh ****...he called me a kid...damn...that **** was cold...
hahahahaa
get some better insults and stop dissing people on the net...

and no they don't give a **** what I do since i pay for all my own **** and like anyone really cares what they think? lol

Conchord
08-12-2003, 01:51 AM
aw man, he called you kid too, man...wed better start packin now, i cant stand the embarrasment.

I have this friend of mine that calls someone KID when he knows his point is **** and he has nothing else to say.

Shadow20002
08-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Shenmue 2
Halo
Dead or Alive 3
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Buffy
Splinter Cell
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Apex

That's all, that are my choice. ;)

spectre187
08-12-2003, 10:56 AM
yea kid is a diminutive statement designed to try to belittle someone and make the other person feel better... although it does nothing to support their argument...unless their argument is that they are a 8 year old...then it supports it, lol

SHENMUE 2 is the only game on the list i'd be interested in, but i'm not sure how it plays at all...i've read reviews and everything but i can't figure out how it plays...prolly a good rental first eh?