PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best looking Xbox game to date?

Stormlord
08-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Well lots of games have come out and many look fantastic. Which would you say is the best looking Xbox game to date. And no stating unreleased games like Half-Life 2 and Halo 2.

IMO Splinter Cell has the best. The lighting gives a whole new life and feel to the textures. In some areas it created the illusion that it was real and not polygons and computerized textures. Plus the physics system on curtains and shingles is awesome. Shoot at a shingle or flag etc. and watch it flap in the air. Certainly gave way to HL 2's physics engine. :cheers:

yeszir
08-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Definitely splinter cell. It is certainly the most reliastic looking game ever made to date.

borka105
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
splinter cell

-borka105

Conchord
08-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Tao Feng. It beats Splinter Cell in the graphics depo...now were just talking graphics, not gameplay or anything like that. I think SC is better, but Tao Feng looks better.

Nosferatu187
08-10-2003, 06:56 PM
would hafta say Splinter Cell since Ive already whooped up on that game lol.. I heard Tao-Feng blows goats

MerimacHamwich
08-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Splinter Cell's graphics are good, the lighting system is amazing though. That is the bigest problem poeple have to deal with when it comes to understanding Splinter Cell's graphics. Honestly, they are good but the lighting, which is indeed part of the graphics engine, is what really makes it look so spectacular, so I would honestly say it isn't the best looking game, becuase the lighting is basically the only great thing about the graphics.

Tao Feng is an amazing looking game, as is Kakuto Chojin. Those two are definite contenders. Another one to look out for is Transworld Snowboarding. I know alot of poeple haven't played this game becuase it is a snowboarding game, but I think it is worth a rent because of the graphics alone. Deathrow looks great as well as Rallisport Challenge. Those two games are high up on the list for sure.

And last but not least, is our beloved Halo. Ofcourse, it was great looking at first, but then over time I grew accustomed to the graphics and thought that for sure it wouldn't stay as on of the best looking games out. However, it is. With all of the new games being put out, many have yet to accomplish the level of graphics in the first game on Microsofts Xbox. Which is kind of sad, but understandable.

While I have not chosen one game, I believe my list explains my situation. I believe infact, that there is no one best looking game, but a series of games that are in high contention if not equally as impresssive as the eachother.

thrAsher
08-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Splinter Cell does have a nice look to it. Throw on your light amplification goggles and suddenly you're in a b&w graphic novel.

Halo also has some nice graphics. Smooth and striking imagery.

My personal favorites are Brute Force and Panzer Dragoon Orta. BF has some wonderful touches, and is simply very pretty to look at. Wonderful use of particle effects and some very pleasing color schemes. Same as Panzer Dragoon Orta, which looks absolutely amazing, and the final level has some great effects.

No Fear 23
08-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Ninja gaiden's graphics owns, eventho its not out yet. did u see the demo of the game?? damn beautiful :cry:

FuNkY mOnK
08-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Believe it or not the first Shrek game had some impressive bump maps. Splinter cell,very nice indeed.

Reclaimer
08-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Without mentioning unreleased games..

From what I've seen, Splinter Cell is a damn fine looking game.
I agree with Tao Feng, it's a nice looking one too.

From time to time, Mace Griffin has good graphics, and good use of motion blurring.

Of course Halo is on my list.

Let me tell you something though, Project Gotham has some nice graphics. I love the Times Square tracks at night, and the reflections off your car.. It's something to behold.

RadRider
08-10-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm going to have to go with Transworld Snowboarding. The framerate wasn't top notch, but aside from that, the graphics are simply amazing. Second up is Pirates of the Caribbean. I mean, just rendering pirates is infinitely cooler than rendering anything else.

kodiecap
08-10-2003, 09:37 PM
I would have to say Dragons Lair 3d in 1080i HDTV. Its beautiful!!! and clean. Splinter Cell is uses geat textures and vertices also. but 1080i simply rocks.

Thanks

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 10:45 PM
SC and DOA3

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:48 PM
I say Pirates or Morrowind.

Stormlord
08-10-2003, 11:01 PM
I agree on Halo, it's still the best looking FPS on Xbox. Unreal Championship looks awesome as well but doesn't even accomplish the same graphics as Splinter Cell and it's based on the same engine.:huh: On a side discussion why on God's green Earth does Activision want to bring a game called Trinity or something like that to the Xbox using the Quake 3 engine? :watchout:

shrew king
08-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Panzer Dragoon Orta and Dead Or Alive 3 are equally amazing.

l Maximus l
08-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Eventhough I don't own it and likely won't, I say that Fever 2003 has sweet graphics. I thought I would mention this one because it wasn't mentioned.

Of course Splinter Cell has sweet graphics...definately within the top 2 or 3 on the XBox so far.

But, my opinion for #1 is Halo. Not just by a screenshot...but, that game in motion is utterly beautiful and fluid.

Trento52
08-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Yeah shrew king has the games that graphically some to my mind. I just tried amped and i think the graphics are pretty good. I want to try that transworld snowboarding to now.

Heavens Gate
08-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Well, alot of people may disagree with me on the first one but here goes

Shenmue 2 (no. It does NOT look like the Dreamcast version.)

NFL 2K3
NBA 2K3
007 Nightfire
DOA XBV
Enclave
Panzer Dragoon Orta
MVP baseball 2003

well, ummm, too many to mention.

borka105
08-11-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
Well, alot of people may disagree with me on the first one but here goes

Shenmue 2 (no. It does NOT look like the Dreamcast version.)

NFL 2K3
NBA 2K3
007 Nightfire
DOA XBV
Enclave
Panzer Dragoon Orta
MVP baseball 2003

well, ummm, too many to mention.

lmao, shenmue 2? Look at the characters feet..........this still have the DC triangular feet, and the faces and body textures don't match......

on a side note....

MotoGP 1 or 2
Quantum Redshift
Bloodwake
DOA Volleyball

all have nice graphics.

*pretty much every xbox exclusive game is expected to have great graphics...... but if you want the best, then it's splinter cell.. from then on, you can name dozens and dozens of titles.

-borka105

Stormlord
08-11-2003, 09:48 AM
I don't know I kind of agree on Shenmue. Not the best looking but still looks better than a lot of PS2 games. I remember when Dreamcasts 2k sports series was looking better than the EA series of sports. OF course now EA looks better but back in the day DC could hold its own against PS2.

I'd say that Munch's Oddysee has some sweet graphics as well. Not the best but pretty cool looking. IMO one of the best looking adventure games so far. I'm surprised no one mentioned Knights of the Old Republic, Silent Hill or Moto GP. :cheers:

Stormlord
08-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Heh I scratch Moto GP. Borka already mentioned it. :D

RudedogX
08-11-2003, 10:02 AM
If all you're going for is graphics...Wreckless had some great graphics. If you're going for total package, it's hard to compete with SC or Halo.

jabrre
08-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Id have to say Unreal Championship and DOA3. I play them almost on a daily basis and they never disappoint me at all. The only drawback for UC for me is this: I get so used to playing the game that I have been having a hard time playing Halo. I guess its because Im more used to the controls in UC now.

RudedogX
08-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by jabrre
Id have to say Unreal Championship and DOA3. I play them almost on a daily basis and they never disappoint me at all. The only drawback for UC for me is this: I get so used to playing the game that I have been having a hard time playing Halo. I guess its because Im more used to the controls in UC now.
You obviously haven't played UC on Live. It's one of the worst games out there for Live. IMO

jabrre
08-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Actually I cannot play UC online since broadband is not available in my area yet. So, I have to deal with offline play for the time being.

Conchord
08-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Nosferatu187
would hafta say Splinter Cell since Ive already whooped up on that game lol.. I heard Tao-Feng blows goats

maybe you didn't read my whole post...I said the gameplay is kinda stale, but the game LOOKS better. So if Tao Feng blows goats thats fine, but the graphics are still better.

And the only reason splinter cell looks good is because of lighting.

JediMasterChief
08-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I say Halo (duh?) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

MerimacHamwich
08-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Unreal Championship is by far one of the best games on live in my opinion. Ghost Recon happens to be one of the worst to me. I still like the game, but its whole Live experience just sucks, at least from my personal experience. MotoGP is the best.

kodiecap
08-11-2003, 10:56 PM
I wish more games were made in 1080i becuase even in 480p which isn't true HD. tend to not look soo great on a front projection hdtv/ 12ft wide screen. Does anyone know if more games are going to take advantage of 1080i or 720p.

rockola
08-11-2003, 11:33 PM
bah shenmue 2 looks like it could be using a colorful quake1 engine hehe. (it DOES DEFINITELY look like a dreamcast game)

Id say doa3/doa volleyball

Lord Vivic
08-12-2003, 12:07 AM
I don't know?No Man's Land and Empires:Dawn of the Modern World look promicing,don't ya think?

Conchord
08-12-2003, 01:55 AM
I dont think you guys understand the topic of discussion here....we are talking about the game with the best graphics, not the best LIVE! game, not the funnest game, but the best LOOKING game.

I still say Tao Feng, and if you havent played or seen it, then dont comment.

slickbmw
08-12-2003, 05:19 PM
The game with the best graphics out now is Project Gotham Racing. Cars are hard to make realistic and have shadows and lighting effects but Microsoft did all of it and more...Project Gotham Racing doesnt get the credit it deserves....Halo graphics are probably the best FPS out....but not best graphics overall

Conchord
08-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by slickbmw
The game with the best graphics out now is Project Gotham Racing. Cars are hard to make realistic and have shadows and lighting effects but Microsoft did all of it and more...Project Gotham Racing doesnt get the credit it deserves....Halo graphics are probably the best FPS out....but not best graphics overall

PGR??? Are you serious??? Rallisport Challenge is better, Midnight Club 2 is better, Sega GT 2002 is better, hell Burnout 2 is better! Some people...

08-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Yadda, yadda yadda.....Enclave graphically beats them all.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-12-2003, 10:12 PM
DOAXV and Splinter cell and PDO all look awesome, but believe it or not, as for my fav. STYLE, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance wins that. Perfect blend of Realism and Fantasy with INCREDIABLE looking Character models, especially Scorpion. Just my $.02.

Conchord
08-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 0101010
Yadda, yadda yadda.....Enclave graphically beats them all.

OK i am officially done posting here...it seems no one knows what they are talking about.

And i have played enclave, so i do know what Im talking about.

RudedogX
08-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Unreal Championship is by far one of the best games on live in my opinion. Ghost Recon happens to be one of the worst to me. I still like the game, but its whole Live experience just sucks, at least from my personal experience. MotoGP is the best.
You're one of the few that I've heard of that still like UC.

As for Ghost...I've found that that is an either love it or hate it game. In my case, well...I obviously love it.

XboxResearcher
08-13-2003, 05:19 PM
I would have to say Tao Feng is the best looking game right now. I also love the gameplay of Tao Feng. Many people have to be patient with Tao Feng and read the whole manual, then you will see how great this fighting game is.

After Tao Feng I would say DOA3 and Rallisport has some top notch graphics.

Thanks
:)

Snake Eyez
08-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

You're one of the few that I've heard of that still like UC.

As for Ghost...I've found that that is an either love it or hate it game. In my case, well...I obviously love it.

Most people that I've talked to don't like UC and love GR on live. But to each their own.

Douchesforfun
08-14-2003, 02:27 PM
TFLO is the ****. True fantasy live online is my pic:eek: :cheers:

Senor Jordan
08-15-2003, 12:48 AM
-----

Urduhn
08-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Probably Splinter Cell, although I think Panzer Dragoon Orta is pretty also.