PDA

View Full Version : What didn't you like about KOTOR

pepitonet
08-10-2003, 09:50 PM
i liked the game a lot one of the best rpg i have ever played but there werte some things that could have made this game much more better than it already is
1-more missions
2-Longer Main quest
3-more items for the upgradeable weapons
4-Swoob Race against more people
5-Random tracks for swoop races
6-Avality to fight more people(like on taris some training arena)
7-More monster on the areas
8-free will...i'll explain this one
*-ability to kill whoever you like
*-ability to steal from everyone or anyone
9-get into trouble when you steal,is pretty lame when you go into someone house and steal and they don't say **** about it

y2kash_14
08-10-2003, 10:10 PM
what you said was pretty accurate but I must add one more major thing... this game had SO much friggin Loading screens

AlBoogy
08-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
what you said was pretty accurate but I must add one more major thing... this game had SO much friggin Loading screens

I have to agree. I realize the levels are big with lots of people and dialogue in them. But if they can reduce the amount of loading in the next installment, that would be the best upgrade for me. My other complaint, well not really a major complaint but a minor detail. I would like to see different faces. To many humans and aliens looked similiar.

y2kash_14
08-10-2003, 10:50 PM
yeah that sucked too...it would have been bearable if it didn't occur that often, but it seemed everywhere you go, you see that same snotty brunette with her hair tied back (you know you've seen her a million times) I'm always like "WTF I just killed that biatch"

Lord Vivic
08-11-2003, 12:10 AM
I agree Pepitonet,There should be a longer main quest.

kenji
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Less load screens, free will would be sweet as hell. (Die Mota the Hutt!) more crystals, more classes, play as aliens.

Even though this is slightly off topic, I am really looking forward to Jedi Academy because it is an action game where I can weild duel lightsabers against some Dark Jedi.

selowitch
08-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Too many nonplayer characters have the same facial model/map. That was just lazy on Bioware's part.

Otherwise, definitely Game of the Year material, IMHO.

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 02:14 AM
I like the idea of playing different characters.

armyof_one/ltd
08-15-2003, 11:32 AM
I would say that the fact that it hasnĀ“t shipped to Mexico and the fact that it will cost like 90 bucks make me angry and unhappy.

thrAsher
08-15-2003, 11:42 AM
All good gripes. Especially the overuse of the same face models. My personal complaint w/ the game is that I felt boxed in in the game. There weren't any vast, open spaces to explore (Morrowind spoiled me). I felt like I was getting led along by the hand, and outside of once in the sewers, I never got lost (yes, that's a bad thing).

So, yeah, KOTOR II needs to have more variety in NPC's, the ability to play alien races (imagine a Wookie Dark Lord!), and larger planets/maps.

kenji
08-19-2003, 11:54 AM
I have more to add. I have been playing more and I really want a speeder or something. The only thing that comes close is Master speed where you go twice as fast. Walking just isn't appealing to me. And I would love to go and have a war on the ground. ALL of the Republic vs Sith battles take place in space and it is boring for me. Imagine being on the front lines against a bunch of Sith, or hop in a republic tank and blast away. I know it will never happen because that is too Dynasty Warriors like, but imagine what it would be like! Hopefully, some of this will be put in Jedi Academy. I would also like a quest where you actually join the swoop curcuit and you can upgrade you bike and everything. Last, I think a Pazaak tournament would be cool. Wow, I had a lot to say for one of my favorite games of all time.

blewis
08-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Minor gripe.

How about the ability to access characters inventories while onboard the Hawk. It sucks when one of your chars has a weapon and you want someone else to have it. You have to leave the hawk with the person who has the weapon, unequip it go back to the hawk, then leave again... why couldn't we just acces all thier inventory.

RudedogX
08-19-2003, 01:07 PM
May I suggest just to choose to switch your party member in and out of your party instead of getting on and off the ebon hawk? Kinda like the return to the Ebon Hawk function.:wink:

blewis
08-19-2003, 01:13 PM
May I suggest just to choose to switch your party member in and out of your party instead of getting on and off the ebon hawk? Kinda like the return to the Ebon Hawk function.

Spose that would b quicker... good point Rude.

I thought you were a GR slut. I'm seeing a hell of a lot of posts from you about KOTOR. Is it eating up some of your GR time?

RudedogX
08-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by blewis

Spose that would b quicker... good point Rude.

I thought you were a GR slut. I'm seeing a hell of a lot of posts from you about KOTOR. Is it eating up some of your GR time?
SOME?!?

Um...try, most. :yikes:

I beat the game on both sides, and I figure in a month or two, I'll restart it again to play on the female side and try something other than consular. Even though, I think consular is the best Jedi class.:cheers:

StudioAlex
08-26-2003, 03:43 PM
My biggest gripe is that I have to wait two or thee more years for the sequel.

SlightlySycho
09-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Two to Three years would be lucky.;)

1) Better character models. The environments look amazing, but the character models are a bit jagged.

2) Better dialogue animations. There's no physical interactions between characters. That works for most of the dialogue sequences in the game . . . but the common interactions are a bit awkward in certain situations.

3) Bigger worlds. Each Star Map is only like a ten minute jog from the star port. Given, it takes longer because of all the quests along the way . . . but you never really get the impression that you've travelled far and wide to find the star map.

4) Swoop Tracks that Aren't Just Straight Lines. Throw some curves in there. Would make things more exciting.

5) And the worst sin of all . . . Vandar doesn't Yoda-Speak! You know what I'm talking about!

selowitch
09-07-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
5) And the worst sin of all . . . Vandar doesn't Yoda-Speak! You know what I'm talking about!

Speak like Yoda, Master Vandar does not. Hmmm. Distressing this is. Change this in a future version, Bioware might. But beware: Vandar and Yoda the same species are, but have different accents and word-order, they can. For prevents this, nothing does.

selowitch
09-07-2003, 01:47 PM
It seems as though many of the available Force Powers were not thoroughly game-tested.

For example, such things as Force Resistance would have come in handy in the big confrontations with Bastila and Malak. Nevertheless, the game always succeeds in knocking out the other two by means of Stasis, leaving you to engage in single combat.

I realize this serves larger needs in terms of plot, and heightens the drama, but it does leave one wondering what the practical use of that power would be, if not for that.

pepitonet
09-14-2003, 10:38 PM
i am glad i am not the only one that has seen the flaws here one thing i must add for the next version
[B][SIZE=3]PLEASE make it 30 frames standart or better all the slow downs ****ed me off and the game skip more as the more you beat it doesn't matter whther the older saves are there or not,i think it saves a hidden file that is not deleted or something

Arven
09-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Manaan. I got so bored in that level, I stopped playing the game for several weeks. I eventually dragged myself through it and got to the good stuff...but sheesh, that level was dull. I think they need to tighten up the pacing -- it seemed to sag in the middle.