PDA

View Full Version : Azurik Help Needed (SPOILERS)

Hugh_Jass
12-16-2001, 03:12 PM
I've come across a number of challenges with Azurik that have me stumped. I suspect I'm missing something really obvious and once I get that one thing the rest will fall into place.

1) I've come across two chambers that contain very large mounted crystals. In front of each crystal are torches. One set of torches had blue flames. One set had orange flames. I don't seem to be able to interact with the torches at all. When I give the crystals a whack they make a pleasant tone and turn dark but nothing helpful seems to occur.

2) There is one level with large claws traveling down tracks. It looks like I should be able to jump into the claw but I always fail.

3) Near the entrance to the claw level there is a chamber with a lot of debris. The oracle talks about a fire (?) guardian in the desert or some such thing. When I look up I can see what appears to be a fragment with white sparks dancing around it. With all the rock and debris in the room it looks like I should be able to climb up to where that fragment is but I can't seem to reach it.

4) Maximus asked about the folding ladder in the river level. I still can't figure out how to lower that thing. With all the trees you'd think you could climb up there but the trees don't appear to be scalable. There are vines on some of the trees but those don't allow me to climb, either.

5) In the level with the claws on tracks (where I'm supposed to start the conveyor belt) there is a semi-circle of pillars that surround a small podium with something that looks like a palm tree on top. I have no idea what to do with that. I tried Xing it and whacking it but it doesn't do anything.

6) What is the best way to kill those giant mechanical headless gorillas? The only way I've been able to do it is to go into god mode and start whacking. Obviously, there must be a better way.

7) I came to what looks like an old temple. The access point was via one of the drill holes in the big room with all the keys. There is a big wall of flames in front of a glyph. I only have first level fire and water. It doesn't seem to be affected by anything. I tried climbing the vines. I found an obsidian in the basin. It looks like there should be a fountain here but I don't see a way to activate it.

8) In the lava level I'm having trouble getting to the doors. I've activated some of the pipes and there is a lake of lava with covered geyers. The geysers blow their covers into the air where they hover for a bit and then crash down on top of the geysers again. I can leap from the lava pipe to one of these covers. When I try to leap from this cover to the next cover I die upon impact. I tried this in god mode and I can make it to the doors but once I'm there I can't reach any of the items because they are on the second level and I don't see a way to get up there. I suspect I need the air power but I don't know where to get it.

Those are the questions off the top of my head. I'm sure I forgot some. Any help would be appreciated.

Hugh_Jass
12-17-2001, 11:29 AM
Nobody can help me?
C'mon.

Taz? Max?

leecow
12-17-2001, 12:22 PM
Help, hell I need to catch up!

There are times when having a loving and supportive family that forces one to get needed sleep can be a real bother :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
12-17-2001, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I've come across a number of challenges with Azurik that have me stumped. I suspect I'm missing something really obvious and once I get that one thing the rest will fall into place.

1) I've come across two chambers that contain very large mounted crystals. In front of each crystal are torches. One set of torches had blue flames. One set had orange flames. I don't seem to be able to interact with the torches at all. When I give the crystals a whack they make a pleasant tone and turn dark but nothing helpful seems to occur.

2) There is one level with large claws traveling down tracks. It looks like I should be able to jump into the claw but I always fail.

3) Near the entrance to the claw level there is a chamber with a lot of debris. The oracle talks about a fire (?) guardian in the desert or some such thing. When I look up I can see what appears to be a fragment with white sparks dancing around it. With all the rock and debris in the room it looks like I should be able to climb up to where that fragment is but I can't seem to reach it.

4) Maximus asked about the folding ladder in the river level. I still can't figure out how to lower that thing. With all the trees you'd think you could climb up there but the trees don't appear to be scalable. There are vines on some of the trees but those don't allow me to climb, either.

5) In the level with the claws on tracks (where I'm supposed to start the conveyor belt) there is a semi-circle of pillars that surround a small podium with something that looks like a palm tree on top. I have no idea what to do with that. I tried Xing it and whacking it but it doesn't do anything.

6) What is the best way to kill those giant mechanical headless gorillas? The only way I've been able to do it is to go into god mode and start whacking. Obviously, there must be a better way.

7) I came to what looks like an old temple. The access point was via one of the drill holes in the big room with all the keys. There is a big wall of flames in front of a glyph. I only have first level fire and water. It doesn't seem to be affected by anything. I tried climbing the vines. I found an obsidian in the basin. It looks like there should be a fountain here but I don't see a way to activate it.

8) In the lava level I'm having trouble getting to the doors. I've activated some of the pipes and there is a lake of lava with covered geyers. The geysers blow their covers into the air where they hover for a bit and then crash down on top of the geysers again. I can leap from the lava pipe to one of these covers. When I try to leap from this cover to the next cover I die upon impact. I tried this in god mode and I can make it to the doors but once I'm there I can't reach any of the items because they are on the second level and I don't see a way to get up there. I suspect I need the air power but I don't know where to get it.

Those are the questions off the top of my head. I'm sure I forgot some. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay, Hugh...I'm not sure exactly what you mean by all of this, but, I will do the best I can. In regards to those large "mechanical gorillas", I don't even bother...lol...they are extremely tough...I've done it, but it's not worth the agony! lol.

Hey, but, I found a new level in the water level! Maybe you are ahead of me or something....but, maybe you just started working a different path...I have no idea what you mean by the "claw level"...It doesn't sound familiar. But, if you go into the water level, head towards the left instead of going straight into the water. You need to jump on the platforms which are above water and keep jumping across until you get to a large ice cube. Select your fire power and melt that mama jama. You will go onto a bridge or pathway that is above the water (but also in the water - meaning, it's not levitating above the water)...it's about the equivalance of 3 feet...run to the left and jump in the water...you keep swimming until you come to a big opening under water in which you will find a tube...swim into the tube..this is where you get Earth Power.

Now, about the fire wall in the underground lair where all the keys are, Taz pointed out to me that there are two "dots" in the image that is inside the fire...this means that you have to have the 2nd level of water power. I'm not quite there yet, either...but, apparently, there are three levels of powers...meaning 1st water power, 2nd water power (which is more advanced, if you will), and 3rd water power (the most powerful). I'm guessing that a fire wall with three dots will require that you have the 3rd water power, respectively.

Now, about the ladder in the River level...I actually still haven't figured it out...and I haven't let that bug me to death since I am trying a different area...I'm figuring that this puzzle will start becoming more clear as the game proceeds. I do have a question about the River level, though...there is a hole in there that has a bunch of rotating spikes (I believe it was red and you look down and there are spikes rotating inside)...have you figured out what that is all about?

Let's figure this mama jama out...I'll keep you posted.

Tazilla
12-17-2001, 05:46 PM
Hugh,.. tell me what elemental powers you have, and I will try and steer you in the right direction,.. you will not be able to progress to certain parts of the realms until you have a ceratin ability,..

I have 2 complete Disks and all level 2 powers except fire,.. which is level 3 now,..

I can answer and help you along,.. but I do need to know what elemental powers you have,..

-Tazilla

Tazilla
12-17-2001, 05:58 PM
I can kinda answer some of these for you,..

1. ignore these for right now,.. but remember where they are,..

2. yes you can jump into the claw, but it will toss you out if you do not have air power.

3. you can't jump on anything in that room to get you high enough to grab what you see up there,.. it will be accessible later in the game.

4. you can not reach this ladder from anywhere that you can see from the ground,.. you have to get the comveyors going,.. then later you can reach it,...

5. it does nothing that I know of except sit there and look like it should do something,.. maybe it will come clear later on in the game

6. the best way to smash the Golems (mech apes) is to use elecric Axion "Water+Air+Fire" if you can not combine those elements yet,.. use water,.. and it takes about 16 hits with level one water. 24 hits will knock em flat with just the plain Axion,..

7. you need level two fire for that room,..

8. yes you need air power,.. and I believe you get it in the Stormy Sea,... always go back to town, and talk to the oracle,.. he'll guide you to your next objective,...

Hugh_Jass
12-17-2001, 07:59 PM
I don't recall ever seeing a stormy sea. Hmmm...

Okay. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find my way back to town. :)

As for powers, I've got red and blue. I think that means water and fire, right?

Hugh_Jass
12-17-2001, 09:36 PM
I made it back to town. I melted a block of idce that was covering a geyser. I rode the geyser up into a chamber where an iceberg was floating back and forth. I noticed that I can stand on one side of the iceberg and make it tip but I haven't figured out what to do with this knowledge. Am I supposed to do something here? Can I make the iceberg go over the falls?

l Maximus l
12-18-2001, 12:47 PM
Hugh, I'm not sure what's up with the Ice berg yet....I haven't needed to go there for quite a while.

But, since you have level one fire power, go to the beginning of the water level...starting from the bridge from the town. You do not need to launch across the water (to the level that has the floating ice berg). Just go to the beginning.

When you are going down the sandy hill, proceed to your left. There will be a about three stones that you can jump and climb up to (this is how you got to the geyser that launched you to the water world). On the platforms, you will see in the distance an ice block that you can melt. Melt away that mama jama and jump over to the other side of it, now that's it's melted away.

Once you are there, proceed to the right until you cannot walk any further...then, swim out to see and swim to the bottom of the ocean. As you proceed, you will see a crack in the ground...pretty wide crack, obviously large enough to swim into. Down there, you will see a water pipe...swim into that mama jama...on this level you will have to hit several blue switches...this is a really cool level...I'm on this right now and you have to figure out how to get the Earth power, I believe. This is where you get level 1 Earth power!

So, remember, if you see a blue switch that is round and approximately 3 feet in height (according to scale), simply hit the X button and it will switch. You need to find several of these on this level. Pay attention when it's day or night time...this is critical. To know that it is night, all you have to see are the glows of large lights that are sticking out from the water. During the day time, the tide either goes down or these platforms will literally pop up from the water so you can jump on them that will lead you to a new switch to turn.

Are you confused or am I pretty clear on this? Let me know :)

leecow
12-18-2001, 01:33 PM
If I remember right, is the power which you get in the Stormy Sea area. Maximus gave a pretty good description of how to get there. If you're standing on the beach below town you'll see a large structure that looks like a couple of horns (reminds me of the serpent icon from Conan) out at sea and off to the right - that's where you want to be.

I did a little exploring last night and got to the fire realm. Didn't really make any progress but could call it a mapping mission :)

leecow
12-18-2001, 01:42 PM
duh,air power that is.

Tazilla
12-18-2001, 01:47 PM
yes,.. you receive Air power in the Stormy Sea,..

Still looking for a beer stand,..
Max,.. have you found one yet?

leecow
12-18-2001, 04:49 PM
Still looking for a beer stand,..

Thought I caught a glimpse of one in the fire realm ... too hot ... must find cold beer ...

EthanQT
12-18-2001, 07:58 PM
I started the conveyor belt. However, when I got on it; there was a magnetic stream and it transfered me directly down the grinding thingy and I couldnt get out. Another thing, I cant get back to the saving point so I could save the game. I have to leave the Xbox on till someone help me out.... Please help me quick. I thank you in advance!

Hugh_Jass
12-18-2001, 11:22 PM
I've got the air power now. I assume I'm supposed to use it to reach the disc fragment. However, when I attempt to use the air power it doesn't seem to do much. I try to fly over to the ...er... blooming flower things... and I just fall into the water. I tried climbing up onto the open petals. When the flowers close the petals fling me into the air but I can't seem to maneuver to the fragment. I also can't deploy my wings while I'm in the air (strange).

Am I supposed to be able to fly with these wings?

Tazilla
12-18-2001, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I've got the air power now. I assume I'm supposed to use it to reach the disc fragment. However, when I attempt to use the air power it doesn't seem to do much. I try to fly over to the ...er... blooming flower things... and I just fall into the water. I tried climbing up onto the open petals. When the flowers close the petals fling me into the air but I can't seem to maneuver to the fragment. I also can't deploy my wings while I'm in the air (strange).

Am I supposed to be able to fly with these wings?

learn to use the air power,.. jump once,.. at the peak of your jump hit the jump button again,.. it gives you a little more distance,... activate all the switches in the huts,.. and float in the water above the last platform on the day/night bridges,.. wait for them to rise up,.. then you should be able to get the disk piece.

Tazilla
12-18-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by EthanQT
I started the conveyor belt. However, when I got on it; there was a magnetic stream and it transfered me directly down the grinding thingy and I couldnt get out. Another thing, I cant get back to the saving point so I could save the game. I have to leave the Xbox on till someone help me out.... Please help me quick. I thank you in advance!

try standing on top pf the rocks on the conveyor,.. but you really don't need to be on that one anymore anyway,...

EthanQT
12-18-2001, 11:33 PM
What about mine :) ? Im still waiting...please help!

Tazilla
12-18-2001, 11:55 PM
Look up Ethan

EthanQT
12-19-2001, 12:06 AM
LOL We posted at the same time! Thanks!

Tazilla
12-19-2001, 12:21 AM
I saw that,.. just giving you a hard time,.. Hope I helped you a bit,.. I try not to be real obvious,..

I don't want to spoil the game for anyone,.. but a push in the right dorection never hurts,..

-Tazilla

leecow
12-19-2001, 11:03 AM
Excerpt from the Perathia's End mail order catalog.

Level 1 wing This stylish number is sure to be a hit with anyone that doesn't have Carl Lewis-like range. After deploying the wings you'll get an extra "jump" without touching the ground! (and my boss said they wouldn't sell). For additional sky range that would embarass Air Jordan when he still had knees, see the upscale air power lines on the next page.

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 12:51 PM
Hey, Hugh...Taz described how to get the fragment pretty well...I did it last night...man, I love this game...It has to be night time (the lights will be on) and the light has to shine onto the platforms so they will open up. Make sure you are using your air power to jump on each on...and just like Taz explained, hit the jump button a second time when you are in the air...since this is only level one of air power, you can't fly forever...just one swoop of your wings will get you far enough to reach the next platform. Keep doing this, but, I strongly recommend that when you jump, make sure the platform is high enough so you can scale the water to the next platform without going into the water (they rise and sink a little bit).

Hey, Taz...I have a question, I just got to the fire level and I don't have my second or third level powers yet eventhough the message from the top of the tower said I have to go there next. What do I do from there do you suppose? It was getting to late for me to try and figure it out....I just thought I would ask you really quick :) I just know that I could hardly sleep because I wanted to keep playing! lol...

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 10:56 PM
Okay, I started the conveyer belt....now what? I figured out how to get out, but, I don't think I gained Earth Power. I have gone up, down, and all around and I cannot find the Earth Power or the fragment. Am I missing something?

I went as far as going all the way back, past three of those square blocks that were blocking the way from the electrical stuff above the conveyer belt so I keep floating...and, I can't quite reach the Obsidian (sp?) that is on a bridge thing above, too...I tried flying there with air power and it's a little too far...it seems that you only get once chance at that mama jama before having to try it again.

Taz or Ethan...what do I do? Man, I love this game, but, d a m n, it can be so frusterating! lol :D

Tazilla
12-20-2001, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Okay, I started the conveyer belt....now what? I figured out how to get out, but, I don't think I gained Earth Power. I have gone up, down, and all around and I cannot find the Earth Power or the fragment. Am I missing something?

I went as far as going all the way back, past three of those square blocks that were blocking the way from the electrical stuff above the conveyer belt so I keep floating...and, I can't quite reach the Obsidian (sp?) that is on a bridge thing above, too...I tried flying there with air power and it's a little too far...it seems that you only get once chance at that mama jama before having to try it again.

Taz or Ethan...what do I do? Man, I love this game, but, d a m n, it can be so frusterating! lol :D

Remember the Bent Ladder you were asking me about? Now that you have the conveyors going, go back there and work that Board a little bit,.. you won't be able to get the Earth power just yet.

Be patient,.. and think about the puzzles,.. a little Hint though,.. you no the 3 Keys in the Tower in the Earth realm Hub. find the third one now.

-Tazilla

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla

Remember the Bent Ladder you were asking me about? Now that you have the conveyors going, go back there and work that Board a little bit,.. you won't be able to get the Earth power just yet.

Be patient,.. and think about the puzzles,.. a little Hint though,.. you no the 3 Keys in the Tower in the Earth realm Hub. find the third one now.

-Tazilla

I found two keys...But, I can't find the third...I suppose that after I go up that "bent ladder", it has to be up there! lol...thanks, buddy :D I would have never figured that Earth Power was not there (the level with the conveyer belts are held, but, now that I think about it, it is part of the one very large level! Gotcha!! D a m n! I love this game!)...but, how do I get that Obsidian inside the cave that the conveyer belt leads to where there are three blocks that seemed to have gotton stuck? There's an obsidian chillin' on an over pass? Should I just try my air power once again? I only did it once...but, it was a d a m n good aerial tactic I performed! lol :D

Tazilla
12-20-2001, 04:14 PM
That Obsidian you speak of,... Is a tough one to get,.. took me a few times,... the only way to get it is by trying till you snag it,..

I really can't describe it any other way,...

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla
That Obsidian you speak of,... Is a tough one to get,.. took me a few times,... the only way to get it is by trying till you snag it,..

I really can't describe it any other way,...

Cool! Thanks buddy...Now I know that it is possible....I just wanted to make sure I didn't waste a ton of time on it if I needed something else...like level 2 Air power or something. Thanks, pal :)

Tazilla
12-20-2001, 07:39 PM
Level 2 power would help,.. but It can be done with level 1

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla-XBA
Level 2 power would help,.. but It can be done with level 1

Hey, Taz! I noticed you are a staff member! That's awesome! Hey, quck question, though:

What are the Rubies and stuff for? I already got a hundred of the light blue ones and am working my way to about 20 again. What did I accomplish in getting over 100 of those mama jamas?

By the way, I found the third key and opened it up...and I went into the crane things (Whatever you call them) that lifted me up and to the other side into new terrain. But, I have a question for you in regards to the area behind the crane that has the three conveyer belts in it, and that's it. What do I do in here? They are all moving but I can't seem to get on any of the conveyer belts...I tried air power and everything...do you know what I do there?

Also, on a different crain, I shined one mirror on one of the hanging "ball" things but, I can't seem to find the other two, but, appears that I might need Earth power to go any further. I'm really trying to figure where the hell Earth power is...My only guess is the fire level.

Tazilla
12-21-2001, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, Taz! I noticed you are a staff member! That's awesome! Hey, quck question, though:

What are the Rubies and stuff for? I already got a hundred of the light blue ones and am working my way to about 20 again. What did I accomplish in getting over 100 of those mama jamas?

By the way, I found the third key and opened it up...and I went into the crane things (Whatever you call them) that lifted me up and to the other side into new terrain. But, I have a question for you in regards to the area behind the crane that has the three conveyer belts in it, and that's it. What do I do in here? They are all moving but I can't seem to get on any of the conveyer belts...I tried air power and everything...do you know what I do there?

Also, on a different crain, I shined one mirror on one of the hanging "ball" things but, I can't seem to find the other two, but, appears that I might need Earth power to go any further. I'm really trying to figure where the hell Earth power is...My only guess is the fire level.

Them Gems you collect are to increase you fuel Capacity for each Element.
Blue Opals, Water.
Green Emeralds, Earth.
Rubies, Fire,
Diamonds, Air.
Once you collect 100 your fuel gauge will increase for that element.

In this area that you speak off, is something that you need to locate,.. look up and around,...
to traverse this area you need to use your Air Power,.. and try hopping onto the Rocks traveling along the conveyors,... You won't be able to get on the conveyors any other way.

Look for vines,.. in this area,... this one is a tough puzzle to solve,.. but once you do,.. you will feel a great deal of accomplishment... you definitely need to look for the vines in this area,..

Oh yeah,.. thanks for the Acknowledgement,..

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla-XBA

Them Gems you collect are to increase you fuel Capacity for each Element.
Blue Opals, Water.
Green Emeralds, Earth.
Rubies, Fire,
Diamonds, Air.
Once you collect 100 your fuel gauge will increase for that element.

In this area that you speak off, is something that you need to locate,.. look up and around,...
to traverse this area you need to use your Air Power,.. and try hopping onto the Rocks traveling along the conveyors,... You won't be able to get on the conveyors any other way.

Look for vines,.. in this area,... this one is a tough puzzle to solve,.. but once you do,.. you will feel a great deal of accomplishment... you definitely need to look for the vines in this area,..

Oh yeah,.. thanks for the Acknowledgement,..

Cool, thanks, buddy :D I'll keep in mind that I have to search for vines...I haven't played Azurik for a few days because of the massive Christmas time responsibilities and such...but, will look around and figure out the puzzle. It seems tough so far...but, i know I will figure it out...I will keep you posted :D Oh yeah, this game is amazing!

Cottrau
12-31-2001, 12:02 PM
there's a dude that worked on the development team at www.xboxclubhouse.com named DrStevenCW. Ask him anything about the game.

xbox own$ j00.

Metalturner
01-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Dr. stephen is also at this link: it has helped me alot when stuck in Azurik

http://forums.teamxbox.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29

Cottrau
01-04-2002, 01:23 AM
yup. I have 12 disc fragments now, and my greatest water power, lev 2 other powers, 51 obsidians, triple extended fuel guages on everything save air element, and i'm on my way now to get my greatest fire power. This game owns, and it's a real ****er that bastards like those of OXM gave this game a 3.7....

xbox own$ j00.

Mirrormind
11-27-2004, 09:21 AM
im stuck.. i know where the two keys are for the Conveybelt thingy... i know how to get them both.. but how do i get back up to the place where i have to put the keys in? i have two dots on the air power and can flap long enough. but how do i get up to the saving/loadingplace?

Chaotic
11-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Holy Christ :yikes: I was reading this topic and i was like AZURIK :huh: wtf, this topic is almost 3 years old... You may want to create a new thread in the RPG section because i doubt many people remember this game, yet alone played it...

Koopa
11-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Holy Christ :yikes: I was reading this topic and i was like AZURIK :huh: wtf, this topic is almost 3 years old... You may want to create a new thread in the RPG section because i doubt many people remember this game, yet alone played it...
yeah, either that or sell the piece of crap and buy halo 2 :)

WynnFire
12-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Hey, I still have Azurik. Not only that but.....I still have two pages of game help from Maximus printed out and on my wall in my closet. I still play the game from time to time.

Shadow20002
12-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Hmmm well in Azurik, the environment is huge but ennemies are little. try to explore every inch of the world.

l Maximus l
12-03-2004, 01:31 AM
That was crazy to read all over again...man, reminiscing old times...excellent :D

For what it's worth, Azurik was fun to play...at the time, it really hit the spot eventhough many people gave it a bad wrap. I actually remember getting irritated coming here because so many people bashed the game and I actually enjoyed it (among a handful of other dudes like Wynnfire, Hugh_Jass, and Tazilla, etc). Good times...good times...good times...

brennanator
08-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Hugh,.. tell me what elemental powers you have, and I will try and steer you in the right direction,.. you will not be able to progress to certain parts of the realms until you have a ceratin ability,..

I have 2 complete Disks and all level 2 powers except fire,.. which is level 3 now,..

I can answer and help you along,.. but I do need to know what elemental powers you have,..

-Tazilla
i hav air lv 2, fire and water lv 1
HOW DO I GET EARTH POWER?

brennanator
08-20-2006, 08:04 AM
xcuse me can u tell me a strategy 2 get earth power in earth realm I hav spent 2 weeks tryin 2 get it