PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys thing of Enter the matrix

pepitonet
08-10-2003, 10:52 PM
I have had the game for a long time but because of time issues and still playing morrowinds(and now kotor) i haven't even opened Enter the matrix is it good what do you guys think of it since i am subscribed to GMR,Game Informer,OXM,XBN,and they all gave that game a crappy rating so i haven't take time from my other games to expend on it so i would like to hear from you peope thta have played it

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 10:54 PM
I didn't like it.

yeszir
08-10-2003, 11:01 PM
My brother bought it, and he played it a little. I was watching him play and it doest really seem like a game that i would like. Plus the way that they run ALL the time is really stupid and to me detracts from the overall experience. I know it sounds stupid, and i dont care if neo did it ONCE, but to get from point A to point B they always run in that stupid way. Man that bothers me.

DocHoliday78
08-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Matrix<Max Payne

Nosferatu187
08-10-2003, 11:44 PM
I played Enter the Matrix on my buddies PS2.. It was kinda lame Id sell it on ebay :D

LynxFX
08-10-2003, 11:48 PM
If you are a matrix fan then it is a must have title. The story it fills in is quite extensive.

The game isn't that bad overall. Quite fun as there are a bunch of moves you can do and just play around with if you like. More moves than Max Payne.

CarGuy
08-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Max Payne is better IMO. I rented Enter the Matrix and i brought it back and said it didnt work so i could get another game. :p

LTM360
08-11-2003, 01:33 PM
I think Max Payne is loads better than Enter the Matrix, and I think Dead to Rights is loads better than Max Payne, so IMO you can kinda see I dont really like Matrtix. Just another **** game with a license.

rough_rida
08-11-2003, 01:37 PM
The game is a bug-filled piece of sh*t!

MerimacHamwich
08-11-2003, 01:54 PM
I have it and love it.

I also love Lynx's new avatar. Dance Alizee, dance!
:cheers:

kenji
08-11-2003, 03:50 PM
It is a great rental game. I rented it, beat it, and enjoyed it, BUT I would never buy this game beacsue it is way to short and gets repetative. It was fun for a week, and that's about it. Also check out the review section of this website.

juvie2k01
08-11-2003, 05:35 PM
the game suked, it has good graphics but lacks in gameplay, i rented it and wanted to take it back, i advise you to trade it in, nonless ur a matrix freak, then maybe youll like it.

Koopa
08-11-2003, 05:51 PM
the story points were trivial, and tacked on at best. the graphics were decent, but the gameplay was a watered down version of max payne at its good moments, mixed with some stupid, pointless driving minigames...oh, and the hovercraft part is just plain stupid...you just ram into poles and crap while flying at superfast speeds through a dark tunnel where you can't see what you're doing, and are somehow invincible. i must have slammed into 100 posts at full speed and nothing happened....and sentinels didn't seem to do anything to me. oh yeah, and the controls sucked.

but if you want to see niobe have a lesbo kiss with persephone, then go ahead and rent it.

FuNkY mOnK
08-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Play it for yourself and come back and post. I love it; you can't go by others opinion. Some people couldn’t stomach halo which imo is a great game. Make your own decisions.

JediMasterChief
08-11-2003, 09:15 PM
I haven't played it myself, but from what reviews say: IT SUCKS.

hiter101
08-12-2003, 02:35 AM
i loved it bought on ebay for 40 bux then traded it for mechassault and ghost recon :D

but seriously this game is great but way to short :cool:

y2kash_14
08-12-2003, 05:45 AM
It kinda liked it at first...but then I saw the game for what it truly is...a mediocre action game with the worst collision detection EVER

Playa128
08-12-2003, 09:17 AM
you need to try it out for yourself!!! i like the game but it doesnt meen you will....;)

RadRider
08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
It's definitely not in the upper echelons of gaming greatness, that's for sure. The hit detection is a little off, the camera can sometimes go wonky, the graphics are only mediocre and the gameplay feels "loose". That being said, it's still fun and involving enough to warrant at least a rental. If you're a Matrix nut, then it's definitely worth owning, adding in bits and pieces to the trilogy where the movies couldn't.
Perhaps in the future we'll start seeing a triple attack from creative minds: a simultaneous launch on video, videogame and paper. Three medias combined to give the best possible representation of the designer's world to potential audiences. oooh, the thought makes me tingly.

Splinter-Seal
08-12-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm with alot of the answers so far -the game was fun for a few days then, it got stale. I bought it, beat it twice, fooled around with the hacking element (which I thought was better than the actual campaign) then traded it off. It's a good rental at least. Way too many bugs for my tastes.

RadRider
08-13-2003, 12:25 AM
The hacking was definitely the coolest part of the game. It's a shame almost no reviews even mentioned it, and an even bigger shame that it was so short.