PDA

View Full Version : DVDs?

Monkin
08-11-2003, 11:36 AM
ok, I dont know whats been going on lately on the xbox scene, but i have noticed that an awful lot of xbox's now are screwing up and no longer playing dvd's i know 5 people that this has happend to, does anyone know why? Im ganna have them send it to microsoft and try to get them to fix it under the warranty that came when they bought it, but i dont know.... any solutions out there?

CarGuy
08-11-2003, 11:41 AM
I have problems every once and a while. Some movies i cant get past certain scenes. I have to skip a chapter then rewind.

Casper
08-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I'm starting to notice this trend also. It's the first batch of launch XBox's mainly. The lasers are actually starting to wear out after use - odd as I thought they would be more durable than this.

If you are having problems with it, call up MS and complain. Hell, I paid $300 like everyone else at launch and I should be getting the same quality that these new folks are getting too, with or without a warranty.

Voodoo_Vince
08-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Clean your lense , get a wet dry DVD/CD Cleaner Discwasher is a great brand ,

JediMasterChief
08-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Even though I've never tried it, Voodoo_Vince has a nice suggestion.

I occassionally have problems with DVDs, but nothing too serious.

yeszir
08-11-2003, 09:08 PM
I get a cant read disc error for some dvds, but they usually work after one or two tries. I have an original launch day xbox.