PDA

View Full Version : Amped 2: Snowskate Footage

Shadow20002
08-12-2003, 03:42 AM
When Andy Wolf moved to Salt Lake City in 1994 to snowboard professionally, he found he couldn't indulge in his other passion, skateboarding, because of the snow-covered surroundings. Soon, Wolf toyed with the idea of a snowboard/skateboard hybrid that would allow for skate tricks without bindings on snow. Snowskate was born.

The snowskate has advanced from the Pacific Northwest underground to become the new brother-in-law to the skate and snowboard industries.

Microsoft Game Studios announced last month that Amped 2 will feature this new snowboarding alternate.

TXBOX (http://teamxbox.com/news.php?id=4703)

RadRider
08-12-2003, 11:53 AM
IGN has the same video, albeit you have to be a subscriber to get it in decent quality.
I'm glad that Amped 2 will have snowskating, but the snowskating looks far too arcadey (Tony Hawk) like. I mean, doing a kickflip-kickflip-heelflip is potentially possible on a skateboard, but fat chance doing one on a snowskate. And the one main problem with Amped was always speed, Amped 2 is just as fast, if not faster. Soon we'll be careening down mountains at Tony Hawk 4 speeds, which isn't a good thing.

Regardless, this definitely will be the snowboarding game to own, and I'm excited despite it's potential shortcomings.

slickbmw
08-12-2003, 05:14 PM
that video was pretty sweet...I dont have AMped but I plan on getting this game anyway

RadRider
08-12-2003, 05:50 PM
The online play alone will make it kick-ass. It will also have split screen and hopefully LAN too. I can't remember if it has LAN support or not.

morrowindGOD
08-12-2003, 05:52 PM
i was thinking it was gonna be like those new boards they have for the street that are like skateboards but you can carve and stuff like snowboards. if amped is like ssx tricky without having your feet actually strapped on the board im gonna be totally ****ed. im a major snowboard and skateboard fan and tony hawk is enough unrealisticness for me. i actually want a good snowboarding game.

wbio
08-12-2003, 05:58 PM
wow, that video looks sweet, I didn't like amped that much, but with online and snowskating, I might buy amped 2

RadRider
08-12-2003, 06:22 PM
MorrowindGOD, do you know what a snowskate is? http://www.premiersnowsk8.com/ (snowskate.com seems to be down for the moment).
That should settle any of your doubts. Trust me, I wouldn't touch SSX with a ten foot pole. :)

SiLvEr_ShAdOw_X
08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Seems like a cool new feature. I've never snowskated myself but it looks pretty fun.

Off topic: Whoa! Another Yellowcard fan! Haven't seen one in quite some time.

RadRider
08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
I first heard Yellowcard from the first Amped. I was listening to Amped Radio, and my bro was like "that song sounds pretty cool". From then on is history. ;)