PDA

View Full Version : Well, I stood in line for Madden last night and...

Heavens Gate
08-12-2003, 10:12 AM
It was an impulse buy. I called EB at 4:30 and they said Madden would be in at about 4:45 and they had 2 unreserved xbox copies only. I went down there and couldn't find a place to park. The police were there (they were buying 2 copies of the game) but I'm glad it wasn't because of the crowd. People walking around in football jerseys and shizit. It was crazy!!!

Now the game,
It looks almost identical as last year. I could only notice the difference in this order

a little more crispness
some artificial turf stadiums look awesome (like the giants) but some look like last years(like the cowboys).

I can't notice any new animations and I played 5 games already.
The game does play better though. Still, it can't TOUCH NCAA 2004

Waterspout
08-12-2003, 11:01 AM
I got my copy this morning. Owner mode is sweet. You can control ticket prices, parking prices, food prices and so on. You can see where you stand financially compared to the rest of the league. You can hire and fire people in your staff....it is amazing. The actual game and gameplay is similiar to last year but they made some improvments. The create-a-team is better this year since it creates its own unique roster rather than you having to steal a roster from a current NFL team. Creating a stadium is more detailed. I love this game so far. I will get ESPN football too when it comes out just for online gaming. Madden will be used for my season play, creating teams and importing drafts from NCAA.

No Fear 23
08-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
It was an impulse buy. I called EB at 4:30 and they said Madden would be in at about 4:45 and they had 2 unreserved xbox copies only. I went down there and couldn't find a place to park. The police were there (they were buying 2 copies of the game) but I'm glad it wasn't because of the crowd. People walking around in football jerseys and shizit. It was crazy!!!

Now the game,
It looks almost identical as last year. I could only notice the difference in this order

a little more crispness
some artificial turf stadiums look awesome (like the giants) but some look like last years(like the cowboys).

of course, nothing can beat NCAA 2004. i just wish this college game was live. damn EA.

canadianboi3
08-12-2003, 11:21 AM
There were actually big crowds where you are to get this game? Man that's crazy. Do you live in a big time football city? I'm getting ESPN on September 2nd for sure. Can't wait for the DDC league. That owner mode looks cool, my friend got madden too, and it's kinda cool.

Heavens Gate
08-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
There were actually big crowds where you are to get this game? Man that's crazy. Do you live in a big time football city? I'm getting ESPN on September 2nd for sure. Can't wait for the DDC league. That owner mode looks cool, my friend got madden too, and it's kinda cool.

I live in Wisconsin and all people crave is beer and football. I made alot of friends at EB yesterday. I asked the cop if he had a screen and system in his car and he laughed and said he wished.
People actually took off of work the next day and or are going to play sick because they are staying up all night playing. That's the first time I've ever seen cops buying videogames. They were really cool too. It was like one big family. Buying a new football game for me is better than Christmas. I can't wait for ESPN. I think the crowd will be even bigger for that. Everybody was talking about the dreamcast launch and how they stayed up for days playing NFL 2k.

DocHoliday78
08-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Hah nothing like seeing cops buy videogames on their shift. Was this 4 in the morning?

sTp4
08-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey Heaven's Gate where is my copy of Ghost Recon you claimed to of sent 3 months ago? This guy ripped me off he should be banned.

JJaX
08-12-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by sTp4
Hey Heaven's Gate where is my copy of Ghost Recon you claimed to of sent 3 months ago? This guy ripped me off he should be banned.

Talk to the staff

AlBoogy
08-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Wow, I think this is the longest any EA game thread has lasted without a single flame. I dont like Madden but I do like NCAA. I hear they are similiar yet very different.

Ninja Scroll
08-12-2003, 08:07 PM
I poop on da CEO of EA, screw dem rehashing wanksta's.

Holla at da KidNinja when ESPN NFL 2K4 drops so I can stomp a mud hole in allllll y'alls candy asses!!:p

AlBoogy
08-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Holla at da KidNinja when ESPN NFL 2K4 drops so I can stomp a mud hole in allllll y'alls candy asses!!:p

I guess I spoke to soon. Ninja, do you talk like that online? I can hack it on the forums but I dont think I could take it listening to it lol.

Uchiha Sasuke
08-12-2003, 08:23 PM

Can you please type so people can understand what the hell you are talking about.

Anyways I think I'm going to pick up madden for the xbox. Even though I have a Ps2 I really don't play online that much and that seems like the only thing the ps2 version has going for it. Plus the xbox one has custom soundtracks so yippee.

Ninja Scroll
08-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

I guess I spoke to soon. Ninja, do you talk like that online? I can hack it on the forums but I dont think I could take it listening to it lol.

I guess you'd have to play me to find out yo!
Ask canadianboi3, he was da last clown I had to slaughter online!
Shoot, me and slim were on da floor LOFAO da whole time! :rofl:

Originally posted by Substance Snake

[b]Can you please type so people can understand what the hell you are talking about.

Naw dawg, dis who I beez, ya feel meez?
My vocab is like fesez, im off da hezzy!

raw beanie?:p

Uchiha Sasuke
08-12-2003, 08:40 PM

AHHHH! My head is going to explode! Anyways I'm just kidding around with you, but that ebonics really confuses the hell out of he.

ARONO129
08-12-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate

Now the game,

a little more crispness

Is the AI good? I don't have Live. Any other differences?

canadianboi3
08-12-2003, 10:06 PM

Yea it was a lot of fun playing online that night. We were joking around and laughing the whole game. Anyway, I will be the first at the mall getting ESPN 2K4 for sure:)

ARONO129
08-12-2003, 10:45 PM
BTW. Madden scored a 9.4 at ign. Anyone else play it?

ARONO129
08-12-2003, 10:52 PM

OK I think I understand you. That translates into:

"I am upset with EA's CEO. There are too many gosh darn rehashed games. Let me know when ESPN's NFL 2K4 is released so I can beat all of you inferior males on Live".

As for the "fesez" and "hezzy" (in your later) post I will need a lot of time to understand that one.:huh:

AlBoogy
08-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Substance Snake

AHHHH! My head is going to explode! Anyways I'm just kidding around with you, but that ebonics really confuses the hell out of he.

Ebonics?? I think you are actually giving his speach a little TOO MUCH credit. heh