PDA

View Full Version : System Link Games

levelzero
08-12-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking of having a little Xbox LAN party and I would like to get a list of all the games that support system link so that I decide what games we are going to play.

Here are the ones I know for sure we are going to play:

Halo - deathmatch
Brute Force - deathmatch, co-op

What others do you recommend? And what type of game play (deathmatch, co-op) do they offer?

Thanks!

RadRider
08-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Deathrow co-op and versus
Serious Sam co-op and deathmatch
Ghost Recon co-op and versus
Mech Assault deathmatch and capture the flag
Unreal Championship deathmatch, bombing run, domination, capture the flag

those are some that come to mind.

levelzero
08-13-2003, 12:31 PM
This is actually happening this Saturday, and I want to get a list of the games we are playing fairly soon:

Brute Force -- Offers full co-op support via system link (ie no spilt screen )

Serious Sam -- ? Does this offer the same type of play during co-op ? (ie system link several Xboxs together each person gets their own screen, no split screen) -- How many players via system link co-op?

Ghost Recon -- ? Does this offer the same type of play during co-op ? (ie system link several Xboxs together each person gets their own screen, no split screen) -- How many players via system link co-op?

If anyone can confirm that Serious Sam & Ghost Recon via system link offer each Xbox their own screen to interact in the world rather then having to play split screen, I'm going to run out and purchase them both on Friday. Anyone used these games via system link before?

(Thanks to RadRider for mentioning these games, I never would have thought about them)

Anyone have any additional titles I should check out for Saturday?

My wife / kid will be gone most of Saturday and it's a pretty big deal for me to get to have a big Xbox LAN get together. I'm going to bring home a few computer projectors from the office (the kind you would use for presentations) and hook them up to two of the Xboxs so we can have BIG displays :)

I'll take some pics, maybe post them here if anyone cares.

RadRider
08-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Yes, all games I mentioned and all modes I mentioned allow each gamer his own screen on his own xbox. There are limitations for splitscreen play if you are interested in that though, like Ghost Recon only lets you play two player splitscreen per system instead of four, and the same for Serious Sam.

Somebody who owns the games should post here too, so we can get more specifics on the gameplay.
I know Unreal allows 16 player deathmatch, bombing run and capture the flag via LAN, no splitscreen.
I think Deathrow might allow 8 consoles to be hooked up for 8 player versus (it's a team sports game); however, I do know it definitely allows two systems with 4 people per system. Unfortunately that means splitscreen.
MechAssault allows 8 consoles to be linked up for versus play or deathmatch.

I don't have any of the other games.

WynnFire
08-14-2003, 03:42 AM
Wait a sec.....Don't forget Max Payne! It's System Link Compatible, ha ha ha... Anyone remember the goof? I have a copy that has it on there, here's a pic of it if you don't believe me.

levelzero
08-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know if the new Ghost Recon (Island Thunder, i think?) offers Co-Op mode via System link????

thanks!