PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful first party strength?

KGB Agent
12-16-2001, 05:34 PM
Out of the three powers, MS, Sony, and Nintendo - whicj has the most power in first party titles?

Please think before you answer. Wether you judge by titles, or sales figures - think before you answer.

Heres a list that comes to mind...

MS:
Oddworld
Halo
Fusion Frenzy
PGR
NFL Fever
Azurik
Shenume 2
Project Ego
Amped
Brute Force

Sony:
GT3
Jak and Daxter
ICO
Fantavision
Okage
Fill in with others...I know little of Sony

Nintendo:
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Wave Race
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin
SSB:M
Zelda
Mario Sunshine

Add to lists as you see fit. Then analyze and come up with your decision.

KGB Agent
12-16-2001, 05:53 PM
Bump.

KGB Agent
12-16-2001, 06:34 PM
Anyone have an opinion?

Too scared to say?

C'mon....

Snoopy7548
12-16-2001, 07:35 PM
microsoft is the best, nintendo is ok for 8 year olds, and sony mostly has sports games

Frostberg
12-16-2001, 08:45 PM
some of those games you have up there for MS arent 1st party titles

xboxpebbles
12-17-2001, 07:21 PM
i think microsoft (of course) b/c...
sony has a lot of 3rd party
nintendo is mostly 1st party, but..
well..we r talking about the gamecube here..
and microsoft has a lot of both...and lots
of $$$ to expand...
yah...id definitely go w/ the M..
i mean..who could resist that list??
lol
:D

Crazy Joe
12-17-2001, 07:31 PM
Microsoft actually surprised me with their first party titles, although I can't see Oddworld being one
(since it was for PS first). I thought they would just pay everyone else to make games for them. Nintendo does have the legacy of first party titles, Sony is only good for sports. SEGA was the best for games, still is for other systems. Out of the three left Microsoft looks like they could take the title.

Crazy Joe
12-17-2001, 07:32 PM
oh yeah and Shenmue is SEGA, not MS

Heyyoudvd
12-17-2001, 07:38 PM
Shenmue 2 and Halo aren't first party.

Shenmue is Sega, and Halo is Bungie.

Microsoft bought Bungie after Halo was nealy finished, and didn't do crap towards the creation of Halo. Microsoft itself isn't capable of making games that amazing, but they have signed some great developers on to Xbox.

Anways, I don't know who will create better 1st party games, but judging by the game already released this generation and previous generation, Nintendo is inarguably a thousand times better than Sony and Microsoft combined, but we'll just have to see what happens this generation.

Frostberg
12-17-2001, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
Shenmue 2 and Halo aren't first party.

Shenmue is Sega, and Halo is Bungie.

Microsoft bought Bungie after Halo was nealy finished, and didn't do crap towards the creation of Halo. Microsoft itself isn't capable of making games that amazing, but they have signed some great developers on to Xbox.

Anways, I don't know who will create better 1st party games, but judging by the game already released this generation and previous generation, Nintendo is inarguably a thousand times better than Sony and Microsoft combined, but we'll just have to see what happens this generation.

Well MS doesnt make any games...they own the companies that make games...and thats good enough to be called "1st party" they pay the people that pay games. they work for ms. Its the same thing as nintendo paying people to make games. Just because nintendo isint split into other companies or divsions doesnt make it special

Crazy Joe
12-17-2001, 07:43 PM
well, this is Microsoft's first generation in the console business, so we can't know it's first party strength yet, and most of Nintendo's first party titles are getting pretty worn, how many times can you save the Princess, know what i mean?

Heyyoudvd
12-17-2001, 07:44 PM
MS:
Oddworld - crappy
Halo - amazing, but not made by M$ (Bought after Bungie made)
Fusion Frenzy - haven't played, but supposed to be crappy.
PGR - pretty good, but not as good as GT3 on PS2
NFL Fever - great graphics, but gameplay isn't as good as Madden
Azurik - crappy
Shenume 2 - not by Microsoft
Project Ego -will most likely be a great game
Amped - I haven't played it, but I heard it's average
Brute Force - will most likely be great

Sony:
GT3 - great
Jak and Daxter - haven't played, but it supposed to be great
ICO - haven't played
Fantavision - supposed to be piece of s.hit
Okage - haven't played

Nintendo:
Metroid Prime - will most likely be great
Eternal Darkness - will most like be great
Wave Race - good, but too similar to N64
Luigi's Mansion - average
Pikmin - good
SSB:M -amazing
Zelda - will probably be amazing (hopefully, they'll get rid of cell shading)
Mario Sunshine - will most likely be great

batman46st
12-17-2001, 07:45 PM
sorry man never in my life ive bought so many games in one month for one system cause normaly all but one game sucks but we have halomunch nfl fever nba live doa3 it feels like it aint even the first wave of games for xbox it normaly takes a good 3 months to get all this good games for one system xbox no dought about it i rememer last year with the ps2 i had to wait 2 months to make it to 5 games that i would actualy buy for it.....

xbox won

Heyyoudvd
12-17-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Well MS doesnt make any games...they own the companies that make games...and thats good enough to be called "1st party" they pay the people that pay games. they work for ms. Its the same thing as nintendo paying people to make games. Just because nintendo isint split into other companies or divsions doesnt make it special

Nintendo employees make games. Shigeru Miyamoto himself, along with many others design great games.

Microsoft employees DID NOT male Halo. They bought the company responsble for the project, after it was pretty much complete.

Microsoft itself is not reponsible for the amazing game known as Halo.

Nintendo itself IS responsible for great games like Zelda OoT, Mario 64, Mario 3, Zelda LttP etc...

Gdiguy
12-17-2001, 08:14 PM
well, it depends on how you view it... halo was a pc/mac game before microsoft bought bungie, so technically, the xbox version was made after it was a microsoft owned company... :)

and project ego i'm fairly certain isn't a microsoft 1st party game, since it's being made by peter molinyux (not even close to spelled right), who is the major person in charge of Lionhead Studios

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 08:32 PM
I though Microsoft published Halo? Doesn't that make it first party since they own the developer? Prove me wrong.

Frostberg
12-17-2001, 10:11 PM
it does, but Heyyoudvd says that the game was already done, which it wasnt, when MS bought Bungie. Halo is a 1st party game. And Oddworld is not crappy!

Mario
12-17-2001, 10:17 PM
Oddworld: Munchs Oddysee is actually the first Oddworld game I've played out of the other two that have been out for the playstation. It happens to be one of my favorites along with Halo and Project Gotham Racing. Although it doensn't have alot of variety in the puzzles, its still pretty fun, they should of called it Abes Oddysee though because you use Abe 70% of the time.

Frostberg
12-17-2001, 10:22 PM
I dunno...When I first got to the "repeating environments" in munchs odyssey I got mad at it because it seemed like you were doing the same things over again, but now It seems like that has changed and it is more fun then ever! I think Im on level 15/25 now...interesting because I never really played munchs odyssey until recently, I have kind of switched from Halo to munch. As soon as I beat it I can sell it and buy another game...

BTW abes odyssey was already taken...

Mario
12-17-2001, 10:25 PM
Yea, actually, you do backtrack through levels you went through towards the beginning, I noticed that too, and I rented Munchs Oddysee to see if I even liked it, I beat it in about 3 days, and it takes forever to win because theres so many levels. I think they could of been a little more creative and made it alot more then just "pull switch, donate lulu, jump on warp pad" next level "pull switch, donate lulu, jump on warp pad", even though that got fun because it got harder to donate to the lulu fund, etc.

I think I am gonna add this game to my collection of XBox games though, I wouldn't mind playing it again to try and get Perfect Quarma.

Frostberg
12-17-2001, 10:32 PM
I guess it gets repeating-ish when you look at it like that. Levels seem too short tho. I just like it because its different

JeremyX
12-18-2001, 01:07 AM
Now I have been campainging this for months on the PS2 debate forum. I have asked people to give me a long list of good first party titles for the PS2. All I've got was GT3 and the FF series which I don't consider to be a great game. Xbox will be getting MGS2, GTA3 and so on. That's pretty sad considering that Sony has been around for acouple of years. I'd give them 3rd place.
Microsoft already has Exclusives like Halo, DOA3, NFL Fever, Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Brute Force, Project Ego and they're not even a year old! Now they're not all First party titles but they are exclusives', which is what we what we're really talking about here. I'd give MS 2nd.
Now we all know that the big N loves thier 14 and under demographic and many of you think that this makes thier games not fun for us young men. But in all actuallity, thier games are fun. Could I play nothing but thier games, no. That is way I have both Gamecube and Xbox. Everyone knows that Nintendo has the strongest first party. Nintendo was the only company making games for their 64 and they were able to kept it afloat long enough. Everyone knows all their games, Mario, Metriod, Kirby, Yoshi, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong so on and so on. I would have to give Nintendo the number 1 spot, but, that doesn't mean I'd pick them over MS.