PDA

View Full Version : Game haters Club.

mattgame
08-12-2003, 02:25 PM
I have a problem fellow gamers and I need your help. I have a significant other who will not allow me to get my game on in peace. She fails to realize the significance in the gaming industry. Games keep me from running amuck destroying all of the human annoyances before me. Games keep me in the house at night when I could be out chasing loose panties(protected of course). Games make me want to come home period. I know at times I am up until 5 in the morning when I should be giving the little lady the high hard one, but I just had to kill that guy, I had to score that touchdown, I had to finish that mission, you know? Help me out would you? What do you do to keep the other half out of your gaming space. Holla back.

canadianboi3
08-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Just tell her, you need your time alone kinda thing. Say "you can go to the mall" or something along those lines. My mom is brutal for this, she always kicks me off to do chores as soon as I start a game for anything, it sucks. I know how angry you feel, except your stuck with your wife for life (maybe), and I'm out of here in like 2 more years hopefully:D

Voodoo_Vince
08-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Girls come and go , there will always be a girl around , but a good game only comes once maybe three times a year,

You need a girl that isn't a loser , girls that Nag you about games and over crave attention need to get a life IMO,

Your Xbox will always be there, when Cloning is legal we won't even need normal girls , we can all have a J-lo or Clume- thora Birch Ect,,ect,, and program them to like games :D

Knight
08-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince

You need a girl that isn't a loser , girls that Nag you about games and over crave attention need to get a life IMO,

It's his wife so it's Death do we part. t_howell you can nag her when she does things she likes(other then that one thing the both of you like). Do you have more then one TV? If so buy her some movies keep her busy and away for your gaming. You could setup your own room just for your gaming that only you have the key to open.

Tim
08-12-2003, 02:58 PM
If the woman doesn't understand now, she will never understand. You must please her first and then play XBox. You can not ask her to understand, but you can bargain with her.

Lord Vivic
08-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Or you never know there might just be a game for her.Try to find one,if she starts playing it like you do,Both of you will end up in Lazyboys with a controller in your hand.

mattgame
08-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Lord Vivic , you are a bright man. I respect your advice as someone who appears to be a true gamer. I will try to buy her something to play if that doesn't work, I'll pay her to leave!:D

Urduhn
08-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Nice thread. I can totally relate to this. It happens to me all the time. So i would go with, promise to perform ungodly sexual favors in exchange for game time. It hasn't let me down yet.

DocHoliday78
08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Go with sexual favors. Its good for the both of yous. Also, what if you could incorperate a game with sexual favors?

Viper87227
08-15-2003, 11:37 PM
sexual favors...then you get the best of both worlds :p

Nosferatu187
08-16-2003, 11:14 PM
but does he have the energy to mash some buttons after some sexual favors lol

blewis
08-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Work out a schedule. Come to an agreement with her on some type of schedule on when you play. If she knows that Tuesdays and Wednsedays (for example) are you gaming night, she won't get upset about it. She'll expect it. Then, on your part, you have to have the self control to only play on those nights...

This reply assumes you wanted a serious answer... which is prob a bad assumption.

Urduhn
08-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Nosferatu187
but does he have the energy to mash some buttons after some sexual favors lol
Lol. I know the last thing I'm thinking about after sex is gaming.

mattgame
08-18-2003, 08:14 AM
Blewis, I do want serious answers. I have tried the schedule but I guess the little lady just wants a whole lot of QT. I will try it again. I know on Mondays and Tuesdays she has some shows she likes to watch so I'll shoot for the rest of the week. Thanks for your suggestion.

Highlite23
08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
I have been married for going on 12 years, and i've been gaming ever since. Although there are a few games she participates in, that times are few and far between.

She lets me play as long as i balance my time with her and the kiddies, the kiddies are easy....................we go play :D

JK, I balance between the 2, but let's face facts...some women will never understand why, as an adult, gaming is so fun.

Conversly, I will never understand why cutting a bunch of pictures up and pasting them into an album (Scrapbooking) is so much fun.;)

Although she is really good at it. Pssssssssst...She's looking over my shoulder isn't she :watchout:

Highlite23
08-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Urduhn

Lol. I know the last thing I'm thinking about after sex is gaming.

Oh and BTW..................My thoughts exactly.:)

Stormlord
08-18-2003, 11:14 AM
All I say is to work out a schedule or do spmething that most people don't want to do in a relationship...talk. Ask her why she doesn't want you to game so much, and why does she want your attention. Cause of you don't give her your attention, your best friend will give his. ;)

blewis
08-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Working out a schedule with my lady worked like a charm for me. She's plans things in advance cause she knows when I'm gonna be playing. We used to have arguments.... Wife says, "Are you playing that game again? Maybe If I got a green X tatooed on my chest you'd pay more attention to me...". Now, no arguments. She' knows when I'm playin' and is never suprised about it.

Although there are a few games she participates in, that times are few and far between.

Ditto. Co-op games that you can get the ball in chain into are great. My lady was addicted to Hunter: The Reckoning and Baldurs Gate II: DA like crack. I'm looking forward to both sequels coming out in just a couple months.

Good luck t_howell

PS - In case you were wondering, she got two tatoos: a green X on one tata and a Tivo guy on the other! - JK