PDA

View Full Version : Knights Of The Old Republic

PacerSlashT16
08-12-2003, 04:24 PM
This has to be the worst game i have ever played. I hate how you have to select how you attack, you go into a menu and select if you want to engage? Or attack? Plus the graphics are horrible, man i absolutely hate this game

Fanboy5000
08-12-2003, 04:32 PM
This has to be one of the best game i have ever played. I love how you have to select how you attack. You choose in your menu and select how you want to attack. Plus the graphics are tight, man i absolutely love this game.

xboxman_1
08-12-2003, 04:37 PM
This has to be the worst game i have ever played. I hate how you have to select how you attack, you go into a menu and select if you want to engage? Or attack? Plus the graphics are horrible, man i absolutely hate this game

Well, I guess you're entitled to your own opinion, but just because it wasnt the game you were expecting doesnt make it a bad game. Its an RPG, not an action game. Yes, the graphics have their slow down, glitches, and bad texturing, but they arent bad.

AlBoogy
08-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

Well, I guess you're entitled to your own opinion, but just because it wasnt the game you were expecting doesnt make it a bad game. Its an RPG, not an action game. Yes, the graphics have their slow down, glitches, and bad texturing, but they arent bad.

It seems to me like he isnt realizing it is an rpg. Personally, I dont ever judge a game by its graphics but some people do. Like he said, you are entitled to your opinion. But you are probably in the 5% of people that have played and didnt like the game.

RadRider
08-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Mmm Hmm. Obviously a post made solely for the purpose of controversy.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's not good, as xboxman said.
Most people like the game, and despite your own personal taste, the graphics are technically quite good. You don't like it, fine. That doesn't mean you need to go around saying it's the worst game ever. When you do that is the same time you've crossed the line from being a normal gamer to an overbearing opinionated ranter.
Your qualms are fine, but there are plenty more reasonable ways you could have brought them up, this not being even the least bit reasonable.
And in my time playing the game, I never once had to select how I attack.

CarGuy
08-12-2003, 04:59 PM
KOTOR is probably one of the best video games i've ever played in my life. QUICK loading and saving, EXCELLENT graphics, UNBELIEVEABLE storyline...

Stormlord
08-12-2003, 05:50 PM
I like KOTOR but all what get's me angry is the combat system. Not quiet turn based not quiet action. But it's better than Final Fantasy combat. That sucks ass when you have to wait until every enemy takes a swing at you. What level are you guys on? :cool:

y2kash_14
08-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I just recently beat the game as a Dark Jedi, awesome :cool:

P.S. this needs to be moved to the RPG forum

Fanboy5000
08-12-2003, 07:22 PM
The combat is raw imo. Not like anything i've played before, but i'm not gonna diss Final Fantasys' system.

This game is pretty easily the best game I got on my X-box, and I really do hope there is some sort of sequal.

Going through the game for the Second time, Stormlord.

kenji
08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
I love this game. Like everyone else says, it is your opinion, and you should tell about it in the reviews section. I just want you to know that you are going to miss a great story.

Kortiz
08-12-2003, 09:16 PM
i like the game.

and by all the reviews this game has gotten......lots and lots and lots of other people like the game too!!!

WUWU!

Nosferatu187
08-12-2003, 09:45 PM
still to rent it and see what I think.. just got done beating RTCW but KOTOR is next on my list...:D

Leo
08-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. WORST. GAME. EVER. Period!

Halo. BEST. GAME. EVER. Period!

That's how you can describe KOTORO Period!
Rented, HATE IT! Ugly Graphics! Stupid Menu system!
Terrible Controls! 1.0! Out of 10! The most Annoying RPG game ever! Irather buy MORROWIND! The BEst RPG on xbox so far!

Halo 10 out of 10. BEST. GAME. EVER. Period! (Until HALO 2!)

Fanboy5000
08-13-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Leo

Terrible Controls! 1.0! Out of 10! The most Annoying RPG game ever! Irather buy MORROWIND! The BEst RPG on xbox so far!

Damn, prefrences are weird like that I guess, because I really hated morrowind and love KOTOR.

But I guess after your Halo 3 Topic you just like to get a reaction out of people...

y2kash_14
08-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Leo

what the.....crap, I thought you were banned

CarGuy
08-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Leo is ghey.

Spaztic
08-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Kotor is definatly one of the best games to come out on the xbox since halo. I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion.

RudedogX
08-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Pacerslash, never seen you on here, so I have no idea how to take your opinion (being just a fanboy or what), and leo, well, we all know he loves Halo, and pretty much hates everything else, so meh, whatever. Either way, they're your opinions and it has been stated, you're probably in the 5% minority of those that don't like the game.

DocHoliday78
08-13-2003, 10:46 PM
*Sigh* i am still waiting to get my hands on KOTOR. Did a trade for it and patiently waiting.

pepitonet
08-13-2003, 11:12 PM
i love kotor sinc it is one of the best rpgs on Xbox,one of the best in all consoles not quite it has too manydraws back to make it all that good personally i think that it wouldn't have got a 9/10 review if they actually play the whole game through and believe me i know one guy that works for a magazine that gave kotor 9/10 and he now says that he misreview it since it should have got so high score it is fine for a 8/10 ..BTW bioware is starting to **** me off their game are coming out to be too short look at Baldur's Gate and not this one good games not enought content

yeszir
08-13-2003, 11:17 PM
If you dont like the game then i bet you'd like this funny peice of writing: http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=629

Leviathon
08-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by PacerSlashT16

Man I was on the same boat at first with you. Not so much on the graphics, and really, I'm not real sure where you are coming from with that one.

But this is really the first RPG that I have ever played and it took me a while to get used to the fighting style. You literally have to have a paradigm shift in your thought process when it comes to fighting. I have learned to respect this game alot more and really do enjoy the fighting styles. One thing that I learned is that my character fights better when I don't use him and instead I use Carth or the Mandalorian. Why? I keep them back and support them with grenades and gun fire. They fight alot better when I am not using them..... I don't do that all the time. But when I come up against lot's of enemies I use that strategy.

But really, you are going to have to change the way you think about this game and how you play the game....

PacerSlashT16
08-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Alright, i just finished the game. Once i made that post, i was just so freakin' frusterated at how the combat mode was and the graphics were so slow. But once i just looked past that and focused on the story, the story itself pulls you in to want to play it even more and more and more. Over all it's an alright game, i see what you guys are sayin' about it is an RPG, and i do understand. Thanks for your posts.

kenji
08-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Fanboy5000

Damn, prefrences are weird like that I guess, because I really hated morrowind and love KOTOR.

But I guess after your Halo 3 Topic you just like to get a reaction out of people... I have to agree with Fanboy

Leo is ghey.Certainly looks like it.

thrAsher
08-14-2003, 08:57 PM
You know what cracks me up? The KotOR haters have these arguments against the game that essentially amount to a bucket full of holes. The game is an instant classic.

Glad you saw the light, PacerSlash. :cheers:

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Tell me about it.I was a critic until I got the game,and then I was turned over after 2 hours of playing it.