PDA

View Full Version : NCAA FOOTBALL Corrupt IMPORT ROSTER FILES (EA mucks up another one)

memphissheik
08-13-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm going around the net reading about quite a bit of concern over the import feature in NCAA FOOTBALL 2004 for the xbox.

Alot of people are saying the feature is putting out corrupted game files.
Myself being one of them who hasn't been able to import my draftee's to madden.
This is just probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

NO LIVE..
AND THEN A DEFECTIVE GAME...

somewhere a sega game manager weeps in the distance.

mattgame
08-14-2003, 11:04 AM
I am having the same problem. I get the damaged save b.s.! I am so ****ed off that I can't decribe it, except that I want my ****in' money back! I waited all of this time to get those two games and I get this busted piece of ****! EA is crap. They need their nuts squeezed in a vice collectively by all of the people who bought these ****in' games!

CrazyCougar
08-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Guys,
I understand your pain as the draft importing is why I am going to buy Madden. Unfortunately they did screw up, BUT are in the process of fixing it. Replacement disks are being manufactured as we speak and should be available in about 3 weeks. You'll be able to trade in you old copy on a new one at that time. EA as any company will stand behind their product. Its not all the xbox copies, just some.

More info click here

Info on Game Problem (http://www.maddenguides.com/)

mattgame
08-14-2003, 02:16 PM
I got in touch with Ea's technical support hotline and th is what they told me: Send in page 43-44 of the Madden manual and they will send me a copy of the new disk sometime around labor day(September 1). I better get it! I hate that I have to wait 3 weeks for the real deal. I can't afford to risk buying another game and that one don't work. The game stores aren't going to take it as a trade in at face value. This sucks, this might cut me off from EA crap altogether.

memphissheik
08-14-2003, 02:46 PM
so I gotta send my game off or what??
all this sounds just crappy to me..
all we're getting is a replaced game??

yep...I'm just gonna go buy Espn football...and slowly pull myself from ea altogether

MetalSludge
08-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Yepper I am @#$%^ at this. This is the only reason I bought madden in the firstplace was to import rosters from ncaa 2004. I think this is the straw that broke my back with EA. I should have known they would screw us again somehow.

memphissheik
08-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Thank you for contacting us about Madden NFL 2004 for the Xbox. We are
aware of the problem relative to the importing a draft class from NCAA
Football 2004 for the Xbox and want to rectify this problem as soon as
possible. In order to do so, please send us page 43 & 44 from your
Madden NFL 2004 Xbox manual with your complete shipping address written
on this page. Send original, do not send a photo copy. After Labor
day, a new disc will be sent to the address on this page (it takes this
much time to manufacture replacement product). This new disc will
resolve the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you
for your time and understanding.

Send to:

Warranty
Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065

The complete email that was sent to me today.

MetalSludge
08-14-2003, 09:46 PM
I got the same email today. I think we deserve more than just another disk. I am certain they knew it was defective before it shipped and just wanted the allmighty dollar. I am now done with EA.

mattgame
08-15-2003, 11:00 AM
I don't want no s4it apology. I want some compensation from time lost while we all wait for EA to clean up this fckin' mess! I missed days from work trying to figure this s4it out! I am thoroughly outraged at their nonchalant attitude towards the consumers time and money. I am planning to do something about this! Watch the smoke, it leads to fire!

Waterspout
08-15-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
I don't want no s4it apology. I want some compensation from time lost while we all wait for EA to clean up this fckin' mess! I missed days from work trying to figure this s4it out! I am thoroughly outraged at their nonchalant attitude towards the consumers time and money. I am planning to do something about this! Watch the smoke, it leads to fire!

You missed days of work over a game? That wasn't very smart.

mattgame
08-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Listen partner, I don't need some joker questioning what the fck I do. I need some understanding, I'll see you when I see you. Nevertheless, I missed two days because I chose to, because I run my joint, and because I love Madden. What isn't smart is ****ing off a ****ed person!

memphissheik
08-16-2003, 04:03 AM
At the moment, I'm actually kinda happy..I found a thread on a homemade action replay...
and wouldn't ya know it...
it actually works..
so I'm looking for NCAA 2004 Roster saves that actually work..
you guys should try it..

it made my day.

Waterspout
08-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Listen partner, I don't need some joker questioning what the fck I do. I need some understanding, I'll see you when I see you. Nevertheless, I missed two days because I chose to, because I run my joint, and because I love Madden. What isn't smart is ****ing off a ****ed person!

okay.

CrazyCougar
08-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Hey T_Howell, one more post I read with you deciding to abbreviate obscentities then there will be some consequences. We're all upset about the import problem, but no need to display those words in text here.

Thanks

Coug

mattgame
08-18-2003, 08:21 AM
I know CC, I know. Don't threaten me though. We don't need any hostilities now do we?

CrazyCougar
08-18-2003, 11:11 AM
You say you know, but if you knew I guess you would have never typed that stuff above huh?

Like I said, just telling ya to lay off the profanities, no hostility here or intended.

Coug

Vikingfan84
08-19-2003, 05:11 AM
Yeah, my uncle copied the real names onto my memory card and I got a corrupted file that said copying prohibited. Copying prohibited my ass! LOL.

mattgame
08-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Is ass a profane word?

Casper
08-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Is ass a profane word?

Is it censored? No. Is CC a mod that can ban you because your avoiding censors that are placed on the board for a reason? Yes.

With that out of the way, let me get something straight. So I can get a free copy of the game if I go rent Madden 2004, tear out those 2 pages of the instruction book and then mail them in to EA? Hmmmm.....

RudedogX
08-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by casper

Is it censored? No. Is CC a mod that can ban you because your avoiding censors that are placed on the board for a reason? Yes.

With that out of the way, let me get something straight. So I can get a free copy of the game if I go rent Madden 2004, tear out those 2 pages of the instruction book and then mail them in to EA? Hmmmm.....
LOL! Now that would be one hell of a way to work the system!:rofl:

mattgame
08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
CC and I have a working relationship now. I just didn't want to feel picked on, or singled out. Once again I apologize for the profanity and will work out my issue with EA.

They must have something in place to prevent that little get over. Like take the books out of the cases.

dances with broom sticks
08-21-2003, 04:35 PM
CC and I have a working relationship now. I just didn't want to feel picked on, or singled out. Once again I apologize for the profanity and will work out my issue with EA.

They must have something in place to prevent that little get over. Like take the books out of the cases.

My blockbuster has the book still, Ill be checkin up on it as soon as it gets back :p

It sounded sorta like they would have a disc that fixed that problem but would still need the origonal? maybe a patch on disc?

DocHoliday78
08-21-2003, 05:02 PM
****, i am gonna send it in anyway. If i get a free copy of madden that would be badass. I dont think they are that stupid though but it is EA........:cheers:

Wolfboy_888
08-22-2003, 11:20 AM
you think the people at hollywood video still have the manual with the game?

dances with broom sticks
08-22-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Wolfboy_888
you think the people at hollywood video still have the manual with the game?

yea, I would assume so. I mean, its only been on our shelf and rented twice since it came out. Usually it takes awhile for the maual to get stolen