PDA

View Full Version : 1 saber

blewis
08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Is there any advantage to having only 1 saber. There are obvious advantages to having 2 (More hit point). Does yeilding a single saber allow for quicker or more attacks? Or some other advantage?

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by blewis
Is there any advantage to having only 1 saber. There are obvious advantages to having 2 (More hit point). Does yeilding a single saber allow for quicker or more attacks? Or some other advantage?
From what I can tell, it provides a disadvantage becuase with two sabers, the second saber can be used better for laser deflection or something similar.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-14-2003, 12:21 PM
With a single sabre there is a much greater chance, almost 100%, of hitting an opponent, while the dual and double bladed sabres provide stronger attack power. I think double bladed provides the best combo of Hit % and Attack Damage.

blewis
08-14-2003, 07:33 PM
I think you're right on Jered. I did a little test where I fought the same battle 3 times against a few Dark Jedis. I used no shields or stimulants, just saber battle. Here's what happened:

Single Saber:
Weakest attack rating
0 misses during combat
2nd to fastest to finish the battle

Double bladed:
Close 2nd in attack rating
A few misses during combat
Shortest battle

2 Saber:
Best in attack rating
Many Misses during combat
Longest battle

There you go. I'm out... gotta go throw some crystals in a double bladed!

blewis
08-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Just played a couple hours with a double bladed. The previous 30 have been with 2 sabers. Double is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy more ass kickin' Don't look as purty, but it sho as hell does put em down pa'

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 01:32 AM
I say it is a disadvantage.With two sabers you can kill enemys a lot quicker.

xboxman_1
08-16-2003, 03:55 PM
I say it is a disadvantage.With two sabers you can kill enemys a lot quicker.

We're not really asking for opinions here, it all matters on your feats and such. If you have Master Two Weapon Fighting, go with 2 sabers. Otherwise, stick to one.

kenji
08-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by blewis
Is there any advantage to having only 1 saber. There are obvious advantages to having 2 (More hit point). Does yeilding a single saber allow for quicker or more attacks? Or some other advantage? The advantage of having one is you hit more, AND if you have Master Dueling, +3 to your AC.

I use two because it looks sweet and you do a lot of damage. I have Master Two Weapon Fighting and Stregth at about 27, so I hit all most all of the time.

selowitch
08-25-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
We're not really asking for opinions here, it all matters on your feats and such. If you have Master Two Weapon Fighting, go with 2 sabers. Otherwise, stick to one.

Actually, Two-Weapon Fighting confers bonuses on double-bladed weapons as well as single-bladed weapons equipped as a pair.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-25-2003, 12:15 PM
meh, you can all say what you want, but i beat the game almost completely with a double bladded sabre, and it was pretty damn easy. I beat /malak with just my sabre, a couple stimulants, and force heal on the first try.