PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR: What Items Are Worth Saving $$$ For?

selowitch
08-14-2003, 02:54 AM
Which of the high-end items you can buy in the stores is worth the investment? One can only earn so much money from the missions, and pazaak and swoop racing get old after a while.

So, which of the really expensive items have you found worthwhile to your party?

I'm personally fond of upgradeable stuff that suits each character's profession and weapons specialization.

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 07:48 AM
My suggestion is to wait until the ultra special store opens it's doors to you. Then you'll find some worth while stuff for yourself. But yeah, it'll cost you about 25,000 for each piece of equipment.

selowitch
08-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
My suggestion is to wait until the ultra special store opens it's doors to you.

I hadn't heard of that. I'm not sure I want to be spoiled, either. Might it possibly be on Manaan? I have a sneaking feeling that last time I was there I didn't get to everything.

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by selowitch

I hadn't heard of that. I'm not sure I want to be spoiled, either. Might it possibly be on Manaan? I have a sneaking feeling that last time I was there I didn't get to everything.
I don't think this is a spoiler, since I'm not giving away anything really other than the secret store, but after you reach a certain point in the game (about 10 hours before the end), you'll have and invitation to visit a 'special' store. I highly recommend you drop whatever you're doing at that time and go to the store. As I said, not spoiler really since I'm not saying what happens to lead you to this invite, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get the invite (I have yet to see anyone not get it)

Fanboy5000
08-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Damn, I think I missed that!

Could you tell me how to get the invite?

thanks if you can.

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Fanboy5000
Damn, I think I missed that!

Could you tell me how to get the invite?

thanks if you can.
**** SPOILER ****

After you finish off the Leviathon and the big plot twist is revealed (not saying it for those that are reading this thread), the next planet you go to, you should get the invite after you exit the star port. Just go to the planet necessary after that before you get the final star map.

Fanboy5000
08-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Thanks, I bet I just ignored that guy.

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, he's a twilek I'm pretty sure that gives you the invite. Though, I don't think that will help you much just to know that.

CarGuy
08-14-2003, 12:09 PM
There is stuff in the store you can find cheaper elsewhere. For instance the mask with the red eyes. It's cheaper on Manaan.

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Yeah, the store is more expensive on some of the things, but some of the things, you can't find anywhere else.

selowitch
08-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Actually, I was originally hoping to discuss those items you find in the more obvious stores on the various planets.

For example, does anybody think 15000 credits for Casus Fett's armor (from the shop owned by the Rodian merchant on Dantooine) is worth spending? If so, why? If not, why not?

I'm kind of thinking this would be cool for a party member such as Canderous Ordo, whom I basically use as a stationary heavy weapons platform.

After all, Canderous barely needs to move and certainly doesn't rely on quickness at all, so the penalties entailed by the armor don't bother him as much as it would Mission in stealth mode, the two Jedi (in my case, the main character and Jolee [I killed Juhani—sorry, babe.]) wielding lightsabers, etc.

CarGuy
08-14-2003, 06:43 PM
It's worth it, but make sure you buy it before you get aboard the Leviathan.... You might as well buy something with your credits, once the game ends thats it.

kenji
08-14-2003, 08:16 PM
One of the merchants at the Jedi Academy hbas a cool belt that gives you plus 2 strenth and plus 2 to all saves. I buy anything that raises my main stats like stregth.

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Well that is the kind of stuff I would save $$$ for.