PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS Fast cash in KOTOR

RudedogX
08-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Here is a trick to duplicating weapons/armor/robes to then turn around and either sell or use for your teammates:

Per several on the SW Forums

When you first go down to the underwater installation on Manaan. Before you leave the Republic Enclave via the submarine check what items your party memebers have equiped. It doesn't matter what your main character has as those items will not duplicate. Make sure your extra party members are equiped with what you want duplicated before you leave the Enclave. The game does a save in the cut scene between the Enclave and the underwater facility and this is what it refers to when you are performing the airlock dupe trick.

Make your way to one of the airlocks after getting the underwater suit. Before stepping into the airlock unequip everything that your extra party memebers have. Your main character again will not duplicate their items so don't even worry about those. After doing this walk into the airlock and after the transition and you are outside the facility just turn around and re-enter the facilty through the airlock. After the transition you will be back inside and your party members will be re-equiped with everything you removed. Repeat as necessary until you have all the items duplicated as many as you need. Just keep unequiping them and walking out and back in the airlock and you will have an unlimited supply of whatever equipable items you want.

One warning. If you want to change what you are duplicating you must first go back to the Enclave via the sub and change your equipable items there in the republic Enclave and then return via the sub to the underwater facility. If you change your equipment while still in the underwater facility and then return your characters will have what you originally came down from the surface with and whatever you changed will be lost.

CarGuy
08-14-2003, 06:47 PM
CHEATER!! :p

Lord Vivic
08-15-2003, 02:17 AM
Finding the easy way out aren't ya?;)

RudedogX
08-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Hey, I just explore the message boards, find things that are good for a little extra cash or the best weapons and it kinda raises an interest. So...uh...what's wrong with that?!?:watchout:

Oh yeah, and I've already beat the game!:D

pepitonet
08-16-2003, 10:12 PM
that trick will allow me to buy one of those 15000 swords and all that junk that is overpriced

Kortiz
08-16-2003, 10:17 PM
I can't do this fore I have yet to beat this game.

RudedogX
08-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pepitonet
that trick will allow me to buy one of those 15000 swords and all that junk that is overpriced
Not to mention if you get Cassius Fett's pistol before this trick, you can end up with two for every member of your party if you want. Much better than any other gun in the game from what I can tell in the game.:cheers: