PDA

View Full Version : Tranfering the live account to another xbox.

El Latino Mafioso
08-15-2003, 09:21 AM
How you guyz doing. I am gettin a new xbox but In the old one I played live,, now how can I tranfer that account to the other xbox? thanksz l8ter

yeszir
08-15-2003, 09:39 AM
I think it is possible and that it involves a memory card. Other than that im not sure how to do it.

bluefire712
08-15-2003, 11:08 AM
I think you can just use "Account Recovery" on the Xbox that doesn't have your Gamertag. You may need the last 4 digits of your credit/debit card and the password of your gamertag (if you have one) to verify. I am not sure if the Friends list, etc. transfer if you don't use the memory card way which would be much easier.

Casper
08-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Ok here it is:

On the old Xbox, go into Memory and then look at your hard drive files. All the way on the bottom will be one for XBL Accounts (it will look like a friend icon). Press right to select that file, then A to copy it. Then put it on your memory card.

On the new XBox, install Xbox Live using the disk, so that it will allow you to see that file on your memory card. If you don't install XBL, it won't show it (kind of like an unlockable file). After this, select the file from your memory card and copy it to the hard drive.

There ya go. :cheers:

El Latino Mafioso
08-15-2003, 03:59 PM
ok kool! thankz 4 da help guyz! l8ter