PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft gets High Heat Baseball

Xbox Owner
08-15-2003, 12:55 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/highheatmajorleagueb2004/news_6073488.html

A number of 3DO's games have been sold to other publishers at a recent bankruptcy auction.
When 3DO filed for bankruptcy on May 28 the future of its upcoming games and long-running franchises was thrown into doubt, but at a bankruptcy auction in San Francisco yesterday a number of them found new homes. Street Racing Syndicate was bought by Namco for a little over $1.5 million, the rights to the High Heat baseball series went to Microsoft for an undisclosed sum, and the assets of the Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic were sold to Ubi Soft for $1.3 million.

No information on 3DO's remaining assets has been forthcoming at this time, but we'll bring you more information on this story as soon as it becomes available.

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot [POSTED: 08/15/03 10:08 AM]

borka105
08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
don't see a purpose to that..... then again they will probably toss out I.P. and now call the game high heat.....

but the high heat name has been going down hill for the past several years because there baseball games have stunk.

-borka105

Kortiz
08-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Hopefully you jokers can get a good baseball game on XBL now...I know WSB2k3 is the leading baseball game out there, but is it on xbl? i dont have xbl, so i wouldnt know if it was.......i just know i havent heard anything about xbl having a baseball game other than........cant remember it but it didnt get good reviews. High Heat with new makers could be a good addition to xbl now. YOU KNOW MS WILL PUT THAT ISH ON XBL!

robnyack
08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
this is GREAT news for xboxers who love baseball!!

HighHeat 2002 for the pc is THE best baseball game ever made. Period.

The console version has never quite lived up to the pc version, but hopefully MS will be able to put some money into the game and give it some needed upgrades. Despite 3DOs money problems and inability to upgrade the game because of little money, they game is built on a very SOLID foundation.

great news.

plus, we take it away from ps2 owners. ;)

robnyack
08-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Fosho,

you must have missed it, but the xbox had a minimum of 5 baseball games this year.

ASB, WSB, Inside Pitch, MVP, HH....might be another one I missed.

WSB got great reviews for all platforms. Actually, it's ratings weren't deserved in my opinion. I did not like WSB at all. If forced to pick a fave i guess I would go with ASB, even though that game is only an OK game at best.

There has yet to be a GREAT baseball game for any console. Maybe if MS can sink some money into HH and upgrade, what is a VERY solid baseball game, we just might get one.....FINALLY.

AlBoogy
08-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
Hopefully you jokers can get a good baseball game on XBL now...I know WSB2k3 is the leading baseball game out there, but is it on xbl? i dont have xbl, so i wouldnt know if it was.......i just know i havent heard anything about xbl having a baseball game other than........cant remember it but it didnt get good reviews. High Heat with new makers could be a good addition to xbl now. YOU KNOW MS WILL PUT THAT ISH ON XBL!

No, it didnt have XBL. But you are right, it is the leading baseball game.
I really dont see the purpose in this but you never know what kind of plans they have.

Sound2TheBay
08-15-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm getting Inside Pitch soon, just because of the fact that it's the only Live baseball game. From everything I've heard, the game isn't too hot, but I must have a baseball game to play online.

So this news is good news. :D

MixMasta
08-16-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
Fosho,

you must have missed it, but the xbox had a minimum of 5 baseball games this year.

WSB got great reviews for all platforms. Actually, it's ratings weren't deserved in my opinion. I did not like WSB at all. If forced to pick a fave i guess I would go with ASB, even though that game is only an OK game at best.

There has yet to be a GREAT baseball game for any console. Maybe if MS can sink some money into HH and upgrade, what is a VERY solid baseball game, we just might get one.....FINALLY.

You forgot the Midway one, Slugger or something like that.

Kortiz
08-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
Fosho,

I know there are plenty of Baseball games out on xbox.....I was referring to the amount that are on XBL....there is....1? and that is inside pitch?

JediMasterChief
08-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I don't like baseball games so much. There are a few good ones on Xbox though.

MS has made football games, basketball games, and now basebeall games. I think they should start making some hockey games.

XBOX MSSC
08-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
I don't like baseball games so much. There are a few good ones on Xbox though.

MS has made football games, basketball games, and now basebeall games. I think they should start making some hockey games.

they are. NHL Rivals and They are making a golf game i think it's called "Links". :cheers:

Sound2TheBay
08-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
You forgot the Midway one, Slugger or something like that.
MLB Slugfest.

The baseball game for people who hate baseball.