PDA

View Full Version : Ninja's Got PSO, do you?

Ninja Scroll
08-16-2003, 08:59 AM
I dunno what made me do it, but yesterday after work I felt like buying Phantasy Star Online for Xbox!

I owned the original Dreamcast version and it was the most addictive game I have ever owned!
I did eventually get tired of it's repetitive gameplay pretty quickly though. After clocking in over 75 Hours in less than a week!

I honestly dont hear no one at XBA ever talk about da game.
Shoot, there is only 1 thread in it's official board here!:watchout:

Im posting dis in GD so it may get a little more attention!

I know da biggest complain is it's $8.95 monthly charge once the 2 Free Months end on da day you sign up for you Hunters License.

Well let me say dis, if you play dis game for da 2 free months straight you got your moneys worth for da $39.99 da game cost cause after dat there is not really anything left unless you just wanna up your Level statis or make new friends and go on da same adventures over, .. and over ,. .. and well ,.. .over.

My created characters name is: Kid Ninja
Dude is has to be da shortiest character in da game!:D

Anyone got it, holla at me!

I guess I needed something until da Fall Line-Up heats up with Soul Calibur2, ESPN NFL2K4, da WWE RAW2 & WM19 (GC)!!

studepaber
08-16-2003, 05:04 PM
I had the game when it came out, played it for the free two months, then sold it. It's a great game and all, just got WAY burned out on it (plus I played it so long one day it burnt an image in my big screen :( ). I had two 100 + level characters and achieved this WITHOUT cheating. One reason I quit was because of all the damned cheaters (dupers, grrrrrrr), you'd see level one guys killing stuff with 1000 + damage a hit :cuss: I guess if you can find a good group of people to play this with it can be fun, but you have to admit PSO just gets way too damn monotonous after awhile.

Yannie Boy
08-16-2003, 05:36 PM
i got it......but not playing it.....since my dsl i giveing me way to much problems since i moved...once i get all worked out ill renew my hunter's licence.....

it's tru what he said there some some hackers out there....but i just leave a game when there playing cause they can hack you to...it's just the people you play with......on my buddy's list i have a friend whose lvl 200......but he achieved it without cheating since i first met him when he was lvl 34 and played with him for hours...................................just wait sometime ab\nd ill be back and playing it too..

Ninja Scroll
08-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
i got it......but not playing it.....since my dsl i giveing me way to much problems since i moved...once i get all worked out ill renew my hunter's licence.....

it's tru what he said there some some hackers out there....but i just leave a game when there playing cause they can hack you to...it's just the people you play with......on my buddy's list i have a friend whose lvl 200......but he achieved it without cheating since i first met him when he was lvl 34 and played with him for hours...................................just wait sometime ab\nd ill be back and playing it too..

Dont wait too long Chupa, I dunno if I will even play it through da 2 months I intend to play it for.
I will cancel my Hunters License once my 2 free months expire ( October 16th ).
Yeah I ran into a few fellas trying to scam me for some trades and junk.

I aint come across no cheaters yet. I did on da Dreamcast.
They hacked da snot out of da DC version.

I thought MS & Sonic Team put an end to it before it got started on Xbox LIVE, no?:watchout:

Papke
08-16-2003, 07:52 PM
NO! :D

Perhaps I'll look into getting it solely to rip of da Ninja on a trade.

Highlite23
08-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Got it, Play it, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
08-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Got it, Play it, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! What's your Level & created Character name? Are you a Hunter or Ranger?

Now dat I think about it, I dont think you are even on my XBL Friends List!:watchout: Send me an Invite sometimes highlizzight!

Im sure your on a musch higher level than I, so what I will do is sneak in 1 hit her enemy and let you kill dem off so I can get cheap experience points!:D Naw Mean!? :wink:

Shadow20002
08-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Umm, not really into this one, maybe cause it's too repetitive too much and the fee is like paying internet. :o

Motoko
08-17-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm still undecided on this game...I really am intrigued by it, and I've had an MMO craving that needs to be tamed.

One thing I look for in RPGs is the character design. How in-depth is it, Ninja? For some reason, that's my favorite part of RPGs, knowing I have full control over how my character looks and acts.

Peepers
08-17-2003, 01:18 AM
That two month thing is killer. If it weren't for the fee, I'd have it in my collection right now. However, my daily life is so hectic, that some months, I literally saturate myself with Xbox, and others I barely have time to eat. Thus, I fear I would waste my 2 free months and then pay for a service I use sporadically.

Cryogenic Pyro
08-17-2003, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't play this game if I got it for my birthday. First of all, it's not an MMORPG like everyone thinks, so it's just an everyday RPG with online play. The only thing you could call this with MMO in the name is an MMOCR(Massively multiplayer online chat room). I played the demo version on the PC and hated it, so all the reasons above, and this, are the reason I do not play it.

Ninja Scroll
08-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Motoko
I'm still undecided on this game...I really am intrigued by it, and I've had an MMO craving that needs to be tamed.

One thing I look for in RPGs is the character design. How in-depth is it, Ninja? For some reason, that's my favorite part of RPGs, knowing I have full control over how my character looks and acts.

Well it's not dat massive Motoko, btw .. nice to see ya! ;)

Okay, as far as create a characters depth.
Da only limited feature is da face. You have 5 options.
I was kinda pi$$ed there was not one for a black or latino, but there was one for Asians.
Other than dat all da other features are exceptably deep.
You can make your character 8 feet tall, or like me, make him about 3-4 feet tall :D You got various choices of hair style from DBZ type, to mo-hawks.
You have about 8-10 uniform colors to choose from as well.
You can also make your character skinny as a tooth pick, or have him or her looking like a fat slob! :rofl:
I seen someone make a Link (from Zelda) look-alike, it was cool.

I say give it a shot! your interested in an RPG online, dis is all ya got as far as what da Xbox has to offer until, ..well, .. Microsoft's True Fantasy Online which more than likely wont see da day of light until sometime in 2004!

Originally posted by Shadow20002
Umm, not really into this one, maybe cause it's too repetitive too much and the fee is like paying internet. :o
The fee is only $8.95 after your 2 free months run out.
You can cancel at anytime bro.
I intend to cancel my Hunters License once mines is up to avoid charges.
I dont think dis game is nowhere deep enough to warrant continous play past 2 months worth of gaming.

It's cool to meet peeps and go on adventures, but not to da point of doing da same ol' same ol' beyond da inital free period.

Some peep will get so addicted they aint worried about da fee.
Some may find it worthy.
There is alot to do besides boosting your Levels.
You have a side kick (if you will in so many words) called a "MAG".
He himself can morph into different creations from a cat (I saw it!) to maracas!:cool:
but yeah, as I stated before, da game gets repetitive, but also remember it's PSO: Da original version, and da new (well, not new since it was on da infamous Dreamcast) Episode II which I have yet to test out.

Ninja Scroll
08-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Peepers
That two month thing is killer. If it weren't for the fee, I'd have it in my collection right now. However, my daily life is so hectic, that some months, I literally saturate myself with Xbox, and others I barely have time to eat. Thus, I fear I would waste my 2 free months and then pay for a service I use sporadically.

YO, im feelin ya on dat one Peeper. I mean, it was months, and months since I just started getting back into my Xbox (& GC ala RE Zero, and da upcoming WM19) which just started picking up about 2 weeks ago.
Im just starting to get around to beating Splinter Cell for which I bought da day it came out!
I go through dat "playing games relegiously to not playing dem at all" for periods.
So dis was just one of dem times where I got a craving to get my gaming on.
Im pretty hooked to PSO right now. Im sure dat will last till Soul Calibur 2 ships, but then im sure PSO will get attention through da cracks! ;)

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
I wouldn't play this game if I got it for my birthday. First of all, it's not an MMORPG like everyone thinks, so it's just an everyday RPG with online play. The only thing you could call this with MMO in the name is an MMOCR(Massively multiplayer online chat room). I played the demo version on the PC and hated it, so all the reasons above, and this, are the reason I do not play it.

to each his own junior. I was shocked to see thousands of peeps on when I played!
Da Dreamcast version was unbelievably flooded with gamers, but dis Xbox port of PSO Episodes I & II are just as full!
A couple of da ships you have an option to playing on were so jam packed I had to look elsewhere!
There are most definently loyal RPG fans for PSO, cause I never seen so much activity for an XBL game!