PDA

View Full Version : How having the XBox saves money

deadwood
12-17-2001, 02:56 AM
Out of all the three consoles. For people who dont know they are Playstation 2, XBox, and Nintendo Gamecube. Out of all three of these consoles, the XBox can actually save you money, just by owning it (if your into video games).

XBox
This console contains a 10GB HDD. It also contains 4 controller ports.
PS2
This console contains no HDD. It only has 2 controller ports also, up 4 controller ports with a multitap system hookup.
Gamecube
This console contains no HDD but has the 4 controller ports as the XBox does.

So.. I suppose all you ask? "How is the XBox suppose to save me money?" Well heres how...

The XBox as I just listed above, contains a 10GB HDD, that can store all your music tracks, all your saved games, etc. These other consoles contain no HDD, so you have to buy a memory unit right? Lets face it, those things average $15.00($US), but with the XBox you dont need to spend $15.00($US) just to save your game, its automatically saved into the HDD built into it. That has that covered, so what would you rather be doing with ur games? Spending $15.00($US)? Or save the $15.00($US) and add it to your savings account to buy more video games.
Now.. For the controller ports, before I start this, I would just like to leave the Nintendo Gamecube out of this money saver (cause it wont save you money for that sertain console compared to XBox). For the PS2 you can only carry 2 controller ports, but you can upgrade to 4 controller ports if you buy a multitap, and once again, averages abut $15.00($US). Now some people may not have alot of friends to play games with, but most people do, and thier tired of single player, or 1 on 1, they want some action right? So the XBox, 4 controller ports built in already, you dont need to go spend $15.00($US) to buy some multitap system just to have some fun for a couple hours with ur friends, and u may never use the multitap system again.

So theres that people, The XBox actually saves you money. Maybe not alot, but myself, I'd rather have the extra money to buy me some more video games.

LynxFX
12-17-2001, 03:16 AM
Just to throw this out there since I know one of the GC trolls will, the GC does cost $100 less than the PS2 and Xbox.

I still like the xbox best which is why I post and hange out in an xbox forum.

deadwood
12-17-2001, 03:20 AM
Yes it does cost $100.00 less but, the gamecube has a sertain variety of games, and if someone wants to pay $100.00 less because they like thier games, go at it, but the point i was getting at, xbox and ps2 basically have the same games, so.. if ur wanting to save a little moolah in the most part, get the xbox, or if your already a proud owner of the microsoft xbox, you can be even prouder knowing that ur saving money

LynxFX
12-17-2001, 03:35 AM
I'm just proud because it is a kick ass sytem made in America(mexico and hungary). :D But still an American system.

deadwood
12-17-2001, 03:40 AM
lol, im just suprised that bill gates made it, and im glad he made it too, i was wonderin when that billionair know it all high tech computer nerd would go into consoles =)

LynxFX
12-17-2001, 03:41 AM
Guess he was getting sick of playing nintendo. :)

deadwood
12-17-2001, 03:45 AM
LOL, that gets me thinking if he really did play nintendo, maybe theres a way to e-mail him, that would be a good question to ask, he could say that nintendo inspired him to make the xbox

----

erm, id also like to say that i looked at ur theatre pictures with ur projecter and stuff.. thats an awesome setup

LynxFX
12-17-2001, 03:50 AM
Maybe he over heard some kids say "Man I have nintendo thumbs today" and he thought "wow what I wouldn't do to have those kids say 'Man I have xbox microsoft thumbs today'. Ohh, thumbs, green thumbs, green, yeah green will be the staple color. Wow I can't wait to have a meeting about that. Wait I'm Bill Gates, I'm calling a meeting now, at 3AM and they better be glad to see me."

I'm sure that is how it went down. :)

deadwood
12-17-2001, 03:54 AM
*rollin on floor laughin his a.s.s. off*

xboxpebbles
12-17-2001, 05:18 AM
makes ya think why any1 would want anything other than xbox....hmm..lol:D

skoot182
12-17-2001, 12:45 PM
LoL @ Lynxfx