PDA

View Full Version : (spiolers) KOTOR, MASSIVE bUG!!!!!!

blewis
08-17-2003, 12:11 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fragin' hard. I'm 40 hours in... Bastila just sacrificed herself... Jolee starts asking me "what happened on there..." and then Carth just sists there freakin shaking his head forever. Nothing. No text.... NOTHING TO DO BUT POWER DOWN and then play up again till the same point and the EXACT same thing. I AM SO ****ED!

Somebody please tell me this happened to you and some way to get around it. AHHHHHH!!!!!

Somebody please HELP!!!

Shadow20002
08-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Hell... seems you have hard time with KOTOR. By the way, have you try to do something else other than talking to him ? Sorry i don't have the game, helpless. :o

blewis
08-17-2003, 12:46 AM
have you try to do something else other than talking to him

I wish I could man...

Literally 5 minutes before this happened I was thinking "this has got to be one of the best games ever"... then Lock-UP. Ain't the just quaint.

Bastages!

I emailed Yoda at LucasArts... so we'll see what that little green be-atch has to say.

CarGuy
08-17-2003, 12:12 PM
this is the infamous "carth bug". A small percentage of people with the game get this. I didnt have any problem though. Go to Bioware's KOTOR forum. Lucas arts didnt develop this game so they don't know sh**. http://www.bioware.com/games/knights_old_republic/

CharlieHustle
08-17-2003, 12:42 PM
I heard about this problem, and i just got past that part yesterday, and hell, i forgot about that bug. Or at least it didnt happen to me. Lucky me i guess.

blewis
08-17-2003, 01:27 PM
this is the infamous "carth bug". A small percentage of people with the game get this. I didnt have any problem though. Go to Bioware's KOTOR forum. Lucas arts didnt develop this game so they don't know sh**. http://www.bioware.com/games/knights_old_republic/

Gonna go give this a try now...
http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=253107&forum=26&highlight=carth+bug

CarGuy, you fregin' ROCK man!

ALL HAIL CARGUY!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

blewis
08-17-2003, 01:51 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thakn you so much CarGuy! I owe you one big time!

I did what the attached thread said a few times and it finally got through!

CharlieHustle
08-17-2003, 04:52 PM
First of all, like one of the people wrote in the KOTOR thread, if you go through the level and kick str8 a$$. You dont have to deal with this bug at all. I used Juhani, and i didnt even use stealth, i just used THE FORCE. haha

CarGuy
08-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Your welcome!:D Glad to help.

pepitonet
08-17-2003, 09:36 PM
this is weird where exactly does this happen this is my second time through the game and it hasn't happened to me at all
i am fighting saul(or w/e his name is) at the leviathan bridge

Leviathon
08-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Use a droid. Do not use Mission. Fortunately I read about this problem just before I cam upon it. Everyone seems to have this problem using Mission Vao when escaping. Don't. Use a droid. I used the R2 Wannabe....

I had no problems getting through...

Kortiz
08-18-2003, 09:02 AM
heard about this a few times........mission going into invis mode and never coming out makes this ish yuck......

jolee is teh rule, i used him.

CharlieHustle
08-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Basically, at the end before you use the computer to unlock everyone, just take mission off of stealth mode, and all is fine. This is a great use of the in game engine during the cut-scene, even though it is a bug and the game engine keep reloopin itself to detect mission.

RudedogX
08-19-2003, 11:49 AM
I actually find it funny that people got this. Everytime I've gotten to the Leviathon, I've always felt that Canderous was the man for the job. I mean, let's face it, who else replenishes his own health and kicks ass?!?

blewis
08-19-2003, 12:47 PM
I've always felt that Canderous was the man for the job.

Tru. Canderous is a badass. I went with Mission without even thinking about it just because She has VERY high Computer, Security, and Stealth. Perfect for sneaking around breaking into crap.