PDA

View Full Version : When should Xbox 2 be released?

JediMasterChief
08-17-2003, 11:56 AM
I wanted to post a thread, where everybody can discuss their opinion on when Xbox 2 should be released.

I think it should be released 2006, although 2005 may be a better date, because of competition with Sony.

Variation-XBA
08-17-2003, 11:59 AM
When its ready, rushing only hurts it

No Fear 23
08-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Variation
When its ready, rushing only hurts it

yea, to be honest, i think MS should say fuk sony bc they should focus on creating the best console. im sure alot of gamers would wait a couple more months for xbox 2 to come out bc they know its going to be awesome. they are only competing in the sales which is business. but for gamers, we want a quality console that is the best.

RadRider
08-17-2003, 12:08 PM
So far it seems as though all 3 consoles will be released in 2005. I think I'd prefer 2006, because then we get a longer ride out of the current system, and the tech they're developing for the new systems will drop in price ever so slightly for the launch, perhaps even letting them move to better parts.

Ninja Scroll
08-17-2003, 12:09 PM
More than likely holiday 2005.

But whatever da case who cares, da original Xbox is still dropping killer titles so no one is sitting anywhere saying "d@mn, I wish MS would hurry up with Xbox's successor".

Only thing dats guaranteed is PS3 wont get a 1 year head start like da last go around.

MS will likely release it to go head to head with da next overhyped Sony system.:cheers:

Da question is, which company will have d killer app launch games to sell console units!:watchout:

Da average Joe would think Halo3, DOA5, and hopefully sign a f'n exclusive deal with Rockstar to get a GTA title too. Ya never know.

Just look at dem two companies now. They were able to read through da Sony/Rockstar GTA exclusive deal and drop "VICE CITY" dis holiday without da "GTA" name attached.
Dats just genius!:p

Shadow20002
08-17-2003, 03:09 PM
By the way at last Fable will show up his box in retailers, then Xbox 2 should come out.

usafwingman8
08-17-2003, 04:38 PM
i think the longer it will take hopefully the better it would be

Urduhn
08-17-2003, 05:27 PM
i think the longer it will take hopefully the better it would be
Indeed. I like to think it won't be longer than 2005. Although, if it is that's fine with me. :cool:

mitch2025
08-17-2003, 05:57 PM
i heard a rumer that MS is planning to launch Xbox 2 the day that PS3 is launched so they can see which console sells best but if they have to rush it to launch it w/ the ps3 than i say screw it and just wait till they can finish it with good quality hardware

Papke
08-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Xbox is still relatively new. Look at how long the delay was between PS and PS2.

bluefire712
08-17-2003, 07:56 PM
I hope it's Holiday 2006. I want to get a good long life out of my Xbox. I also really hope Xbox 2 supports the original Xbox games (like the PS2 supports the PS games). With the new dashboard, Xbox Live 2.0, and XSN it doesn't look like Microsoft is dropping support anytime soon. I would prefer it if PS3 and Xbox 2 would launch at the same time, because it would suck to wait an extra year to get all the awesome graphics that the PS3 would have and we'd be waiting. I don't really want to get both.

No Fear 23
08-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by bluefire712
I hope it's Holiday 2006. I want to get a good long life out of my Xbox. I also really hope Xbox 2 supports the original Xbox games (like the PS2 supports the PS games). With the new dashboard, Xbox Live 2.0, and XSN it doesn't look like Microsoft is dropping support anytime soon. I would prefer it if PS3 and Xbox 2 would launch at the same time, because it would suck to wait an extra year to get all the awesome graphics that the PS3 would have and we'd be waiting. I don't really want to get both.

i dont think MS should worry about that. u know why? as gamers who thinks that PS2 is better than xbox are buying an xbox, they are gonna realize that xbox is better than PS2 and all big hit games (half-life 2, halo2, doom 3, fable, etc.)are going to be coming to xbox while PS2 gets nothing but random games. during the next 3 or 4 years of playing the xbox before xbox 2, ps3 comes out, most gamers are going to know that xbox 2 will be better than ps3 and will have much better games. if xbox 2 has to come out 6 months after ps3 is released, then im sure gamers are going to wait bc they know that xbox 2 will be the best and will have the best games bc they had played the original xbox. i can feel that xbox 2 will dominate.

Douchesforfun
08-17-2003, 10:07 PM
dude in 2005 i graduate, so if they bring it out then... im getting a good graduation present
:cheers:

bluefire712
08-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

i dont think MS should worry about that. u know why? as gamers who thinks that PS2 is better than xbox are buying an xbox, they are gonna realize that xbox is better than PS2 and all big hit games (half-life 2, halo2, doom 3, fable, etc.)are going to be coming to xbox while PS2 gets nothing but random games. during the next 3 or 4 years of playing the xbox before xbox 2, ps3 comes out, most gamers are going to know that xbox 2 will be better than ps3 and will have much better games. if xbox 2 has to come out 6 months after ps3 is released, then im sure gamers are going to wait bc they know that xbox 2 will be the best and will have the best games bc they had played the original xbox. i can feel that xbox 2 will dominate.

What planet are you living on? :eek: Xbox is still way, way behind in the console wars even though it is gradually catching up. There are still millions of people who think PS2 is better. And what you consider "hit games" aren't hit games at all to others. People want their Mario or Final Fantasy fixes. Consumers judge by whats available if it comes down to PS3 or the original Xbox there are going to be a lot more people buying a PS3 than the Xbox 2. Sony still has tons of great development teams behind it, and your underestimating how many and the quality of their games. PS2 gets nothing but random games? I don't even own PS2 and I know that's not true. They got their exclusives and their online titles that we don't have. You act as if everyone has already chosen sides with Xbox and everyone who owns a PS2 has 5 pounds of dust on top of it which simply isn't true.

spectre187
08-18-2003, 02:42 AM
this is all a war in peoples minds on this forum...
the end result is this
facts known about ps3- nothing
facts known about xbox- ati graphics

that isn't really anything...
before systems are compared...at least wait until they come out...
plus as it is i'm happy with xbox and xbox 2 should came out as late as they can put it out so it will be most advanced and also be backwards compatable...
but if xbox 2 was released soon it would fail... because sony has the market "on lock down" they are like nintendo used to be... no other company will be able to challenge until a few generations down the road... then xbox will finally supercede the old company when people want a change, or get curious about other systems...

but its all heresay and speculation now...this whole thread is opionated stuff... it's all fanboys saying xbox will be better because ps2 sucks... well xbox is failing compared to the ps2... so unless xbox 2 really really kills the ps3 i don't see that happening...

ARONO129
08-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Excellent thread topic BTW.

The way the PoS2 is selling I Don't think Sony will put out another console until Summer 2005. There is no need to do so sooner. MS will IMO launch a few weeks earlier.

jabrre
08-18-2003, 05:55 PM
The only thing that is guaranteed for me: I will only get Microsoft's next gen console when it comes out. I just wonder about transferring game files from the first BOX's hard drive to the next BOX's drive. I just hope it doesnt come to saving via memory card and then transferring.

FuNkY mOnK
08-18-2003, 06:46 PM
While everybody waits for the next console i'll just sit here and play all the great games on my five consoles, btw i chose i dont care.

l Maximus l
08-18-2003, 11:42 PM
It'll likely be 2005, but, I hope for a 2006 release. The technology will be that much greater if we wait patiently.

Urduhn
08-19-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Papke
Xbox is still relatively new. Look at how long the delay was between PS and PS2.
That's what I'm saying. I hope it doesn't drop until atleast 2005.

Stormlord
08-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by jabrre
The only thing that is guaranteed for me: I will only get Microsoft's next gen console when it comes out. I just wonder about transferring game files from the first BOX's hard drive to the next BOX's drive. I just hope it doesnt come to saving via memory card and then transferring.

Most likely it will be that way. But hopefully MS will find a way to have an adapter that fits in a controller memory slot and connect Xbox 2 with Xbox 1 using 2 controllers. Hey MS is going to allow the Xbox to connect to your PC so you can get MP3 onto it. So it could happen. :D .

I don't care which system comes out first. Just as long as I can have enough time to save up for them all. :cheers:

wbio
08-19-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm hoping (and guessing) Holiday 2005, but if it's not ready by then, I would definetly be willing o wait another year. I want it to come out at the same time or before PS 3, so MS can get their sales up

RudedogX
08-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Considering that it's looking like all 3 big companies are readying their announcements for next year's E3, I can't see the XBox's or the PS2's new console coming out in 2006, it would have to be 2005. Either way, I can't wait to see what's in store for the new generation of consoles, and I'm definetly hoping that even with ATI's chip instead of NVidia's, the XBox 2 or whatever it will be called is backwards compatible.

Duke
08-19-2003, 10:08 AM
I say whenever PS3 comes out. But only if it's ready. Hurrying an unfinished product to the market will just hurt the xbox.

But as most people will not be buying more than one system, it's important to have the nextbox (cheesy whatever) available while people are making that decision. The better xbox sales are, the better it is for those who choose to buy it.