PDA

View Full Version : you must go to toys r' us now

blonks
08-17-2003, 12:33 PM
i was browsing through the sunday ads and i came across toys r us....i went to the cideo games and guess what they said

BUY 1, GET 1 FREE!

all the games are on there top 10 video list which includes

matrix, splintercell, midnightclub 2, def jam vendetta, HULK, tomb raider, nba street vol. 2, finding nemo (i wonder if its anygood), yu-gi-oh!, and dragonball z bukokai

i shal be heading there today.....but i think my nephew might like to play finding nemo...is it anygood?

Knight
08-17-2003, 01:01 PM
I have splintercell and don't want any of the others.
But I will be going to toys r us to preorder Two Towers DVD this week.

Shadow20002
08-17-2003, 03:14 PM
wow, buy one get one free ?? Geesh, that's what i wish for long time. Hope my local store say that too., gonna check it this week if i have time.

Thanks for the heads-up !! :p

Urduhn
08-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Please lord, tell me we are having the same deal in my city. By the way, Finding Nemo is pretty fun.

Elvis
08-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Is this for any game, or does it have to be one the top ten games?

Knight
08-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Elvis
Is this for any game, or does it have to be one the top ten games?

Yes it has to be one of the ten listed.

LynxFX
08-17-2003, 03:58 PM
This deal and more are in this weeks deals of the week. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/weekly_deals/)

usafwingman8
08-17-2003, 04:37 PM
lelo and stich is a good game?

Urduhn
08-17-2003, 05:13 PM
What a great link. I just got Midnight Club2 & Enter The Matrix from Toys for fifty dollars. :D

Dr Butcher
08-17-2003, 11:39 PM
This sounds good but probably won't make it to Canada, which is a shame. I should check out Toys 'R' Us more often because they do have some pretty good deals on games sometimes.

I'd be all over Midnight Club and NBA Street, games that have gotten good reviews but I don't have the interest in them to get them at full price.

BORNGD
08-19-2003, 01:52 PM
i know what i'm doing on my lunch now!

Dr_J
08-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Knight
I have splintercell and don't want any of the others.
But I will be going to toys r us to preorder Two Towers DVD this week.

Director's cut comes out in Nov.

45 minutes of extra in-movie footage.

Rammer
08-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Can you buy 1 Xbox game and get 1 PS2 game free or do you need to get both games for the same platform?

jelgiad
08-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Dr_J

thats common knowledge, but for those who cant wait that long and have the money to pick up both...........its always nice to have the theatrical version as well, no matter what George Lucas says about his specail edition being the "finished project"

jelgiad
08-20-2003, 10:59 AM
does anyone know how long this sale lasts until. i wish i would have seen this sooner, i hope its still available

Knight
08-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Dr_J

I know but I'm not waiting and not buying the movie 2 times.

Plus I can get the DVD for $15 and when the best price for EE is going to be $25. And no I'm not getting both version this time.

No, it's 43 minutes of extra in-movie footage, the TE is 179mins long and the EE is 222mins long.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0167261

Knight
08-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad
does anyone know how long this sale lasts until.

Ends after Saturday(the 23rd).

jelgiad
08-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Knight

Ends after Saturday(the 23rd).

sweet, im stoping by toys r us this afternoon then:D

jelgiad
08-20-2003, 01:18 PM
sorry for the double posts, but im trying to decide which of those games i am going to get. I am definately going to get NBA Street, and was trying to decide between matrix, hulk, and midnight club, gearing more toward midnight club because of online play. havent played any of these 3 games, but you cant beat a freebie

thrAsher
08-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Jet Lag, just edit you're other posts vs. double posting. :D

I'm thinking about NBA Street and MC2, also. Splinter Cell would be nice to own, but I already beat it w/ a friend's copy. Dunno if I care to play it again, really.

JR Alberda
08-20-2003, 01:38 PM
George Lucas? Hmm I dont recall that guy getting his movie ruining hands into the Lord of the Rings. I think you are mistaking him for the story screwing Peter Jackson. They are both guys that have made horrid mistakes in movies.

Lucas for taking the original Starwars, and making the prelude movies really crappy and filled with bad actors and idiotic characters.

Jackson for taking LOTR and screwing up story lines such as bringing elves to Helms Deep and making Faramir less of a noble character. Not to mention the turning of a wraith by a single arrow to the midsection.

At least Jackson kept LOTR exciting and pretty much corret to the story.

jelgiad
08-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JR Alberda
George Lucas? Hmm I dont recall that guy getting his movie ruining hands into the Lord of the Rings. I think you are mistaking him for the story screwing Peter Jackson. They are both guys that have made horrid mistakes in movies.

Lucas for taking the original Starwars, and making the prelude movies really crappy and filled with bad actors and idiotic characters.

Jackson for taking LOTR and screwing up story lines such as bringing elves to Helms Deep and making Faramir less of a noble character. Not to mention the turning of a wraith by a single arrow to the midsection.

At least Jackson kept LOTR exciting and pretty much corret to the story.

i was not mistaking the two, was just stating that for some movies i like to have both the theatrical and special edition versions, the two main ones being the original trilogy of starwars and the lord of the rings trilogy (which i do know and am very glad lucas has nothing to do with). i was just simply adding a complaint about lucas not releasing the theatrical version of the ot claiming that the SE trilogy is a "finished product" to add to my point. sorry for the confusion

and thanks thrasher. I already have splinter cell. been wanting to pick up streets after i played the demo. the main decision is between the other three. I've heard all three are good, but i also heard that hulk and matrix are pretty short, so i may just go with those as a rental and pick up the mc2 to play live.

mattgame
08-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Buy one get one free?! I' m on my way, thanks for the info, okay, where's my keys....., oh geez, I think I just wet my britches. A little excited I guess. ;)