PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got kotor

yeszir
08-17-2003, 01:29 PM
I was looking all over for it and i finally found it at comp usa. Only downside is im going away for 2 weeks tomorrow so i wont be able to play it that much. Ill be up all night tonight though :D

yeszir
08-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Wow this game is awesome. Im 1:51 in and ive just gotten to the lower city in Taris. Im taking my good old time and i know im no where near as far as a lot of you are. I think im addicted to the game now. :D

CharlieHustle
08-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Wait til you get your light saber, and you get to use the force. You havent seen anything yet.

yeszir
08-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
Wait til you get your light saber, and you get to use the force. You havent seen anything yet.
I know i know. Im so excited? Whats the approximate time into the game that you get a lightsaber?

Fanboy5000
08-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by yeszir

I know i know. Im so excited? Whats the approximate time into the game that you get a lightsaber?

In a game like this it depends on how fast or slow you take the game, I suggest taking it slow and getting the most out of it.

CarGuy
08-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Definitly take your time. It'll be about 7-10 hours before you get a light saber. Make sure you talk to everyone and soak it all in!:cool:

Leviathon
08-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by yeszir

You won't get it until you get of Taris and then move on to the next planet....

Kortiz
08-18-2003, 09:11 AM
you know, i think taris is the best world that i have been on, out of all the worlds that you go to........taris was the most in depth i think....i do think it is pretty weird to see all of those high rise looking buildings that we cant go on..........and everything we need to see is on one area of the whole world.......hell much like all of the worlds........just too damn small.

ahh well, im crying for nothing the game is teh rule no matter what.

yeszir
08-18-2003, 10:55 AM
well, ive gotten to the sweres now, and i keep dying partly because i rush in and try to take on those big whatever they are calleds. I know i sound weak, but its because i am. I've been trying to do every side quest that i can, and ive found some in weird ways (like breaking into apartments. Thats so cool!) This game gets cooler and cooler and cooler!

thrAsher
08-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Yeszir: The game really takes off (pun intended) when you leave Taris. You'll start to assemble your crew rather quickly, become a Jedi, and get to wander across some rather gorgeous landscapes and fight some interesting enemies. You might have to pick up some shwag Star Wars novel while you're away, man, 'cuz until you beat KotOR, you're gonna be absolutely addicted.

RudedogX
08-18-2003, 11:45 AM
To me, Taris is actually the most annoying planet, but that may be just the fact that you can't actually do anything with force powers until you're almost off the planet. Oh well, the Jedi side is definetly the shiznit!

yeszir
08-18-2003, 11:47 AM
How many people have played it twice? Once dark and once light? Im going light now but i definitely want to go dark and explore the "other" side of the game. Once i beat it of course.

thrAsher
08-18-2003, 11:55 AM
I took the light route first. Now I'm playing through as a rogue-type. I'm leaning toward the dark, but essentially I want to play this run out as a middle-of-the-road character. We'll see how it goes. I might just say "screw it" and go totally dark if I start getting bored with the game.

yeszir
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
ok, ok, this is my last question. I have a ton of them, but i dont know how to use them. How do i throw grenades during combat? Come to think of it i dont even know how to stack actions. I feel like a fool. I assume the two are intertwined.

RudedogX
08-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I just finished dark this weekend, and have now done both sides. I think the ending is better for the darkside, plus you can be a total ass. But hey, it all works out.

blewis
08-18-2003, 12:12 PM
How do i throw grenades during combat? Come to think of it i dont even know how to stack actions.

Blue button stacks up to 4 actions per character. Yellow removes an action from the que (for those indecisive bastages like myself).

Easy way to do this is in pause mode. I have it set up (I think it's the default) to pause when entering combat. That way I can que up a few actions for everyone on my team and unpause to let it fly.Depending on who I'm fighting, I'll often pause several times through a battle to re-que up actions for everybody to really lay the smack down. (pause is the white button)

thrAsher
08-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I just finished dark this weekend, and have now done both sides. I think the ending is better for the darkside, plus you can be a total ass. But hey, it all works out.

Dang, rude, you flew through the game. I went at it like a crackhead for a week, beat it, started my new game, and have only picked it up twice since. I'm barely on Dantooine. When did you sleep, dude? :p

RudedogX
08-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Hell man, I pretty played the light side first the first 2 weeks I had the game. After I knew what I had to do, I had it easier on the dark side. That only took me half the time, yet I did more sidequests. I'm still trying to figure that one out!:watchout: